• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

I see we have a bit of drama today :eek:

Time to make this thread awesome again!

EviLore:

evilore.jpg

Sade:

sadetar.jpg

I don't know who my favorite is! Dave or Sade? Both are pretty awesome.
You managed to pull the epic card to the table again!

Damn, I look so awesome! ^______^ I know I am my own personal favourite.

Thank you! *very happy little thing*

If you hurry, you might still catch him.

Well, shit. Is Lore part of the Thieves Guild or one of those pansy magicians? ;) Sade looks freakin' awesome too. +100 to the Berserker Guild.
Hahah. Perhaps I need to pass this time.

And yeah, I surely look awesome as hell. ;P

Ah, now I can rage, rape and pillage.

Just hanging out with kisaya in manhattan:

Lln1Gl.jpg

I look really drowsy/surly haha sorry kisaya!

haha, she looks totally stoked.

Must get to US for next gaf meet up ;.;

Where is Kisaya? I haven't seen her around gaf in ages now that I think about it.

It's because you are EVERYWHERE dude. I'd be drowsy too.

so therefore expected at the ATL meetup

Does evilore have to come to every meetup now? Even the sydney-gaf ones? Because I would definitely pay a subscription fee for that.

Chuckie

Without GAF:

I wouldn't have read Game of Thrones (of would have read it later)
I wouldn't have gone back to my youth love.. LEGO
I wouldn't have made so much art.

There's more shit... but can't come up with it now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My without-GAFs:
No Scribblenauts
No Borderlands
No Community
No replaying Half-Life 2 with no HUD
No running a fun portal 2-themed giveaway challenge that got people a bunch of free stuff
No Demon's Souls
No Monster Hunter
No Sequence
No RPGaf, shudder

Davedough

My without-GAFs:
No Scribblenauts
No Borderlands
No Community
No replaying Half-Life 2 with no HUD
No running a fun portal 2-themed giveaway challenge that got people a bunch of free stuff
No Demon's Souls
No Monster Hunter
No Sequence
No RPGaf, shudder
Last bullet point is most important bullet point

Davedough

Lissar and/or HP...

I've been taking my time with the book Cryptnomicon because I only read at home in my "library" unless a book thoroughly grabs me. This one hasn't yet. Admittedly, I'm only 12 chapters deep which is still fairly early in the book but does this book ever pick up? It's interesting, but bordering on mundane at best. When does it kick in? Currently Avi and Randy are surveying Manila for their "line of sight" and while I've got a fully realized depiction of what the Philippines look like, I cant say I'm all that enthralled.

Sadetar

Awesome gif. :D

Oh and without GAF I think I would sleep more during nights, sleep less during day time and also perhaps write graduating thesis. Even though I need to add that I have been "writing" the thesis the last 2,5 years already and I have got fucked up daily schedules basicly my whole life... and I have been here only 3 weeks. ;)

And at least without GAF I wouldn't know all you adorable people and I wouldn't be an absolutely smashing barbarian. ^______^

Thanks Lissar. <3

I'll do one.

I dunno what of, but I'll do one.

Maybe pixel art versions of people?
I love pixel art. This is the way to go.

...I also volunteer, if you need a guinea pig. :3

Davedough

Awesome gif. :D

Oh and without GAF I think I would sleep more during nights, sleep less during day time and also perhaps write graduating thesis. Even though I need to add that I have been "writing" the thesis the last 2,5 years already and I have got fucked up daily schedules basicly my whole life... and I have been here only 3 weeks. ;)

And at least without GAF I wouldn't know all you adorable people and I wouldn't be an absolutely smashing barbarian. ^______^

Thanks Lissar. <3

I love pixel art. This is the way to go.

...I also volunteer, if you need a guinea pig. :3

I like to think you're talking about me here.

Davedough

I think we have wonderfully managed to find the main point in my post. ^__^

...Now I feel I need to go to shower.

Its too bad that our time zones dont mesh well. Whenever I end up falling into TinyChat with my chest unfurled for the world to see, it's usually very early, or very late depending on how you view it on your side of the world.

My chest has become something of an enigma in this thread and on TinyChat. So much so that Lissar, in her drawing of me took an innocent posed shot that I gave her such as this:

FC6jb.jpg

And, I suppose she was overcome by something unnatural because she took it upon herself to strip me of my clothes and draw me in the raw:

davedough.jpg

At first I was a bit frightened that I'd caused Lissar to infatuate about me so much that she would take to drawing me barely clothed, but slowly... and with some help... I've gotten used to my celebrity. It is a rough life, but it is one that I have chosen.

KydJu.gif

Funniest thing about this...the guy turns to the camera (I honestly forgot who that was :( ) and the instant you give the bird he turns away as if he saw nothing

Beer + Saucy Words = Da Finger ;)

If you had turned the camera right back, you just would have seen me downing the rest of the beer, and then I would have glassed you in the face with the now empty container (I can't help it; I'm Mexican AND Irish).

Oooh, thanks Lissar, you're the best <3

Assassin-Mage. I'm totally imba.

That means you're on the Count's team...
which means war.
^_^

Lissar and/or HP...

I've been taking my time with the book Cryptnomicon because I only read at home in my "library" unless a book thoroughly grabs me. This one hasn't yet. Admittedly, I'm only 12 chapters deep which is still fairly early in the book but does this book ever pick up? It's interesting, but bordering on mundane at best. When does it kick in? Currently Avi and Randy are surveying Manila for their "line of sight" and while I've got a fully realized depiction of what the Philippines look like, I cant say I'm all that enthralled.

Hmmm... I don't remember if it started slow or not, but if his dark and many layered humor isn't tickling you in the right places, then perhaps it's not the book for you. :( Let me check back with my copy and see if you just haven't hit the really good parts yet.

My cut off deadline was yesterday... :< But because that sounds interesting, I'm going to make an exception.

Early indeed!

Like Tence, your art will spread through the Neogaf once March hits. The more people you draw, the greater your powah.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
But HP, I get my powers through souls :O

Warning: language nerding incoming.

http://youtu.be/5_fUMcTb1jI

I love these guys. This is why they are my preferred dictionary. Personally (and I say this as a staunch descriptivist) "irregardless" makes me cringe.

Davedough

But HP, I get my powers through souls :O

Warning: language nerding incoming.

http://youtu.be/5_fUMcTb1jI

I love these guys. This is why they are my preferred dictionary. Personally (and I say this as a staunch descriptivist) "irregardless" makes me cringe.

My Director of Operations says that. A man making over $120k/year and he cant figure out that its not even a word. Do you know how many times I've wanted to just stop a meeting to point out how much of an idiot he sounds like?

His name is Bryan Chambers, just in case anyone wants to publicly humiliate him. He looks like a tall Alton Brown.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It's a real terrible word.

You have my descriptivist sword as well, princess.

We must gather an army and ride to fight for language!

My Director of Operations says that. A man making over $120k/year and he cant figure out that its not even a word. Do you know how many times I've wanted to just stop a meeting to point out how much of an idiot he sounds like?

His name is Bryan Chambers, just in case anyone wants to publicly humiliate him. He looks like a tall Alton Brown.

You didn't watch the video, did you Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom