• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'd still consider you blonde.

However I have the same as you. It gets darker. My hair used to be really really blond, almost platinum... and now it almost brown.

Why can't this have happened to me. D: It did to everyone else in my family! Instead I just get comments at the hair salon about how light my hair is before I get them to slather it with dye.

All this blonde hate is depressing me.

Blonde is the best hair.

Also I've always found MGS fucking hilarious. And everyone talking about how MGS4 was so ridiculous that it fucked everything up just makes me want to play it more. I thrive on the retarded.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I thought that it was called dirty blonde (those dirty blondes!)

Mousy was what I thought was a dull medium brown.

leadbelly

Banned
Reffered to by whom? You? :p

Well that's what most people refer to it as. :p

I thought that it was called dirty blonde (those dirty blondes!)

Mousy was what I thought was a dull medium brown.

This sort of colour.

mousy-brown-coloured-hair-21282700.jpg

Chuckie

My hair used to be referred to as ash-blonde. But that has been a while ago when my hair was a bit lighter.

This is my hair when it's most light (as in: Just washed an dried, no gel, summer)

hair.jpg

What say ye Real-GAF?

leadbelly

Banned
My hair used to be referred to as ash-blonde. But that has been a while ago when my hair was a bit lighter.

This is my hair when it's most light (as in: Just washed an dried, no gel, summer)

hair.jpg

What say ye Real-GAF?

I don't know. I would probably just call that brown to be honest.

The definition of 'mousy' is actually quite negative, although, perhaps not entirely inaccurate.
mous·y also mous·ey (mous, -z)

adj. mous·i·er, mous·i·est
1. Resembling a mouse, especially:
a. Having a drab, pale brown color: mousy hair.

I've never really thought about it. Probably not the best colour in the world, but I don't think it is horrible either. I used to describe certain hair colours as simply 'blonde' until someone told me once that it wasn't blonde it was mousy.

No matter how bad a girl thinks her hair is in the morning...I would say 99 percent of the time its incredibly sexy. Maybe its the whole "she woke up...next to ME" thing that contributes to it, so it might not be completely objective, but that shouldn't matter since the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also, the fact that the messiness wont be seen by anyone but you... <3

Hey guys! I'm using you for research!

If someone asked you if you had any funny anecdotes concerning a game or movie or book or TV show (not necessarily about those things but like "We were buying a video game and this happened,") do you think you'd have a lot of these?

No.

On the other hand, the Mind Blowing Video Game Facts thread is full of stuff like the aforementioned "I didn't know Game X had a run button until my second playthrough!". The best of those stories involve people not understanding why it's so hard to jump chasms in Super Mario Bros. :D

This is what it used to be:

/Tence/crap/baby.jpg

My first reaction to this was "Holy shit, Tence had pretty long, luxurious hair at one point! And his kid is adora-- oh, wait"

Hrm. So since it's "post young you" time again, I'll pop that fountain pic up again, since I like it so much. :)

profile_fountain.jpg

I was definitely excessively light brown...ish when I was younger. My hair was seasonal well into my teens. Ever Summer, it'd lighten right up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No matter how bad a girl thinks her hair is in the morning...I would say 99 percent of the time its incredibly sexy. Maybe its the whole "she woke up...next to ME" thing that contributes to it, so it might not be completely objective, but that shouldn't matter since the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also, the fact that the messiness wont be seen by anyone but you... <3
There's truth here, but I've seen girls with messed up hair early in the morning outside of the context of having slept with them and it's still sexy.

Hrm. So since it's "post young you" time again, I'll pop that fountain pic up again, since I like it so much. :)

profile_fountain.jpg

I was definitely excessively light brown...ish when I was younger. My hair was seasonal well into my teens. Ever Summer, it'd lighten right up.
What a great pic :D

What a great pic :D

My dad used to have a darkroom in the basement. Well, it was also the laundry room, but it had a red light and everything! He even photoshopped his images, well before there was such a thing*. In one of the pictures, he's sitting on the left side of a couch&#8230; and on the right side is his siamese twin -- they're joined at the wrists. :)

Nowadays he does the digital thing, as it's easier. I've picked up the bug a little big, but it's mainly because I like to photograph my doings and happenings to convince my friends of all the fun stuff that goes on in this corner of the world.

* shockingly, image manipulation predates Adobe.

Whether or not it's sexy or cute I don't know. I DO know that it is awful to comb through.

I'll know that terror in just another coupla months. That and the drain ick thing.

By the way, I'm still wondering how that Niven book was. I could use some ruminations on a potential fun future read. :)

Davedough

I started out completely white headed...

zaZrW.jpg

kvWh8.jpg

Then in my teens, it went completely brown....

T82DT.jpg

Then in my mid-twenties, it started to leave me....

B34Pi.jpg

Then I decided to get rid of it all....

MfUWl.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
LOL. Hair.

Ohhhhh the trials of having long, thick hair! However will I cope?

I'll know that terror in just another coupla months. That and the drain ick thing.

By the way, I'm still wondering how that Niven book was. I could use some ruminations on a potential fun future read. :)

For some reason my hair has been worse than normal. Must be the water here. :|

I've never read his stuff actually. D: Maybe one of these days. Once I'm finished with all of these other books.

I'm reading Mark Twain. Not really into it. (In fact, I would go as far as to say he's flat out not a good writer.)

I've never read his stuff actually. D: Maybe one of these days. Once I'm finished with all of these other books.

Wat. But we have photographic evidence of you reading him! >:|

I'm reading Mark Twain. Not really into it. (In fact, I would go as far as to say he's flat out not a good writer.)

He was a political satirist. A lot of what he wrote is no longer relevant, as the norms of society were pretty different at the time. Tom Sawyer was incredibly boring, though. Or maybe it was Finn, I confuse the two. I liked one of them and snoozed through the other.

edit: Also, he's a much better writer when it comes to quips.

Nowadays he does the digital thing, as it's easier. I've picked up the bug a little big, but it's mainly because I like to photograph my doings and happenings to convince my friends of all the fun stuff that goes on in this corner of the world.

* shockingly, image manipulation predates Adobe.

Ansel Adams manipulated the hell out of his pictures. I always get a kick when new-ish serious photographers proudly proclaim "straight out of camera" when they post pictures. Letting your camera process your shots is like taking your film to the supermarket photolab. The digital darkroom offered by Lightroom and Aperture (and the laborious Photoshop) harkens back to an earlier time.

We have a little perforated metal thing on our drain. Works very, very well. Hair just accumulates there as the water drains and you pick it up post shower.

o_O. Much prefer his prose to Nivan's.

o_O. Much prefer his prose to Nivan's.

Niven is (as I mentioned earlier) at his best when he's working with another author. I still really like a few of his solo works, but almost anything written by "Larry Niven and <BLANK>" is amazing. edit: Maybe it's because Niven is a good idea man but needs somebody else to help put the concepts to paper -- that'd make him the written word's equivalent to George Lucas or Gene Roddenberry. :O

...how can you sleep through a book?

Osmosis.
It's possible with audiobooks

Who I STILL HAVEN'T READ so I'd have no clue about that.

PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seems Gears of War 3 has come for me in the mail. I don't remember ordering it. I must have been very intoxicated.

Emitan

During my first class I noticed one of my toes is covered in dried blood. I guess I cut myself?

Also, not feeling the Billyest today. Didn't get enough sleep. I blame IRC

Thanks, Bran-GAF, now I'm suffering the after-effects of chocolate bunny intoxication. If you didn't remind me that I was hungry, I would have totally shrugged off the existence of all this candy on my desk.

>:|

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Pft, don't blame your lack of willpower on us!

I have a chocolate bunny sitting right over there and I haven't the slightest desire to eat it.
Pure chocolate is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom