• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REAL Media Create Charts: 24 - 30 July

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
reminder said:
I don't think this is a problem. Todays PSP releases in Japan:

Carnage Heart Portable
Every Extend Extra
FIFA Street 2
Goku Makaimura
SD Gundam G Generation Portable

:D
Carnage Heart out already? Forgot about this one. If anyone has impressions, would love to hear them.

Bo130

Netrunner2k2 said:
I wonder how many more weeks until we bid adieu to Brain Age and his brethren.

First of all, I'm sure Animal Crossing will find its way back into the Top 10 already next week or next week again.

Second, Brain Training has already been out of the Top 10, I'm sure. ACWW was in a row :D

jesusraz

Netrunner2k2 said:
I wonder how many more weeks until we bid adieu to Brain Age and his brethren.

I'm amazed the original managed to cling on THIS week! That must be painful for Sega to see Mushiking 2 fail to even top Brain Training...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
jesusraz said:
I'm amazed the original managed to cling on THIS week! That must be painful for Sega to see Mushiking 2 fail to even top Brain Training...

I'm not so surprised it managed. This was just a high selling week. 32k is usually more than enough to be in the top 10, sometimes top 5. That's also why AC will probably be in the top 10 next week. It probably sold 27k or so this week.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
I think Brain Training 2 will break the record of how long a game can stay in the top 10 chart. Its out for 7 months now and still going very strong. Just in a month it will break AC record of staying in the chart for almost 8 months. Kudos to both of them.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
GreenGlowingGoo said:
I'm not so surprised it managed. This was just a high selling week. 32k is usually more than enough to be in the top 10, sometimes top 5. That's also why AC will probably be in the top 10 next week. It probably sold 27k or so this week.
AC WW sold 29,847 copies this last week.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
kia said:
AC WW sold 29,847 copies this last week.

Hmm I probably shoulda checked to see if they were posted somewhere before putting that. But it just proves my point even more.

ioi

Banned
ethelred said:
I think the criticism was that it's fine to discuss the information -- you know, share opinions or noteworthy trends relevant to this week's sales, what have you, participate in the discussion -- but that just posting a long string of links to your own website was just needless and annoying spamming that wasn't contributing and wasn't discussing.

Indeed, but the criticism totally missed the point of the original posts.

ioi

Banned
ethelred said:
Or didn't it?

So you're not interested in how Tamogotchi 2 did vs the original?
Or how New SMB's 10th week compares to other games?
Or how Sengoku Basara 2 compares to the original?

Oda

ioi said:
Whoa whoa. No one should be interested in that. No one. Anyone who is needs to be reconditioned immediately. The only inquiry that any should have regarding Tamagotchi is whether or not poor NanaOn-Sha will ever get to make cool and, more importantly, good games ever again.

ethelred

ioi said:
Or how New SMB's 10th week compares to other games?
Or how Sengoku Basara 2 compares to the original?

Again, the point was: it's fine if you want to bring up those things and actually discuss them, but just spamming a dozen links to your website over and over in every sales thread is repititious, annoying, and doesn't actually contribute to the discussion.

ioi

Banned
ethelred said:
Again, the point was: it's fine if you want to bring up those things and actually discuss them, but just spamming a dozen links to your website over and over in every sales thread is repititious, annoying, and doesn't actually contribute to the discussion.

But in order to discuss those things I need to link to the graphs upon which the discussion in based?

ethelred said:
I like ioi's posts.

Well to be fair, ioi only posts it ONCE in the thread, at least he doesn't spam it every other page or every third post. He posts it once because they are interesting to look at and review. Just skip over the post if you don't like it, it's just a few scroll bars away.

But for some reason, I can't go on the site, my computer got flooded with ads the last time and froze up, (this is a fairly old computer mind you, with no pop up blockers or adware protection on it) so I stay away from it. But looing at the charts is extremely useful and interesting.

apotema

LanceStern said:
Well to be fair, ioi only posts it ONCE in the thread, at least he doesn't spam it every other page or every third post. He posts it once because they are interesting to look at and review. Just skip over the post if you don't like it, it's just a few scroll bars away.

But for some reason, I can't go on the site, my computer got flooded with ads the last time and froze up, (this is a fairly old computer mind you, with no pop up blockers or adware protection on it) so I stay away from it. But looing at the charts is extremely useful and interesting.

The problem is that the information pimped in this site is false and invented.

I hope AC:WW regains its top 10 position, but I doubt it will this week, because there will be lots of games with high sales like Gundam (expect it to be the biggest PSP launch in a while)

Regards

Neomoto

kia said:
I think Brain Training 2 will break the record of how long a game can stay in the top 10 chart. Its out for 7 months now and still going very strong. Just in a month it will break AC record of staying in the chart for almost 8 months. Kudos to both of them.
Brain Training 1 is at like what, 13 months and counting right? (serieusly)

Assuming the hardware is accurate, the usual comparison:

GBASP after 22 weeks: 1.28M
DSL after 22 weeks: 3.37M
Time for GBASP to reach 3.37M: 62 weeks

"GBA after SP" after 22 weeks: 335K
"DS after DSL" after 22 weeks: 476K
Time for "GBA after SP" to reach 476K: 36 weeks

DS after 22 weeks: 2.24M
PSP after 22 weeks: 1.30M
GBM after 22 weeks: 447K

Graphically

I also note that DS+DSL for 2006 has passed the DS total for 2005, so from here on it's icing.

donny2112

Neomoto said:
Brain Training 1 is at like what, 13 months and counting right? (serieusly)

14+ months. It hasn't stayed in the top 10 that whole time, though. Brain Training 2 has never left the top 10 since its release at the end of December.

Bo130

donny2112 said:
14+ months. It hasn't stayed in the top 10 that whole time, though. Brain Training 2 has never left the top 10 since its release at the end of December.

5 more weeks then, and it has beaten ACWW. I think it should be able to do that :)

heidern

Cosmonaut X said:
I think it's safe to say that the DS will soon have more million sellers than the PS2 and SNES - a great achievement in itself - and it's quite possible that come the end of its life it will have more million sellers than even the original PlayStation.

Wow, misinformation central. The DS is still a long way behind other systems.

millionsellers.gif

No doubt it will continue to do well, and probably overtake other systems, but it still gonna be a challenge to beat the likes of the SNES(although its got a very good shot.)

AniHawk

heidern said:

millionsellers.gif

No doubt it will continue to do well, and probably overtake other systems, but it still gonna be a challenge to beat the likes of the SNES(although its got a very good shot.)

are you counting WW or Japan?

heidern

AniHawk said:
heidern said:

millionsellers.gif

are you counting WW or Japan?

Japan

cvxfreak

DS will beat the SNES by virtue of the two versions of Diamond and Pearl alone. We've also got Tamagotchi 2, Tetris DS, and FFIII has a good chance.

EDIT: I forgot that Mario 64 and WarioWare are still not record on that chart. That'll match the SNES. :D

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
cvxfreak said:
DS will beat the SNES by virtue of the two versions of Diamond and Pearl alone. We've also got Tamagotchi 2, Tetris DS, and FFIII has a good chance.

EDIT: I forgot that Mario 64 and WarioWare are still not record on that chart. That'll match the SNES. :D
You sure you aren't looking at N64?

heidern said:

If that chart's correct, my apologies - I thought my figures might be off by one or two, but not by that much. Out of interest, do you have a note of the titles that passed the 1 million mark in Japan on the systems listed?

king zell

Whats so big about AUG. 3rd?

PS2 Growlanser V Generations
PS2 Jissen Pachislot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken SE
PSP Every Extend Extra
PSP Goku Makaimura
PSP SD Gundam G Generation Portable
DS Atsumare! Power Prokun no DS Koushien
DS Starfox Command
GBA Rhythm Tengoku

KINGMOKU

king zell said:
PS2 Growlanser V Generations
PS2 Jissen Pachislot Hisshouhou! Hokuto no Ken SE
PSP Every Extend Extra
PSP Goku Makaimura
PSP SD Gundam G Generation Portable
DS Atsumare! Power Prokun no DS Koushien
DS Starfox Command
GBA Rhythm Tengoku
Oh. I thought there was some big name games coming out or something...

donny2112

king zell said:
so no first day numbers for the 3rd of August yet .

We haven't even got hardware numbers for this week, yet, and you want next week's numbers. :|

I wanna see December 2006 NPD sales, now! :p

Clever Pun said:
there's a new DSL color as well, right? The black one?

I think that's the beginning of September.

king zell

We haven't even got hardware numbers for this week, yet, and you want next week's numbers. :|

unconfirmed

DSL - 176,853
PSP - 42,604
PS2 - 26,451
X360 - 2,246
GBASP - 2,229
GBM - 1,766
DS - 1,530
GC - 1,039
Xbox - 11
GBA - 9

welcome to 2 days ago :)

donny2112

king zell said:
for the past month the unconfirmed numbers are confirmed :)

I know, but I still wait for Media-Create to "officially" post them to be sure. :)

Edit:

king zell said:
confirmed

DSL - 176,853
PSP - 42,604
PS2 - 26,451
X360 - 2,246
GBASP - 2,229
GBM - 1,766
DS - 1,530
GC - 1,039
Xbox - 11