• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reall Ubisoft? Really?!? [uPlay woes]

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Who designed this piece of shit? I wanna play some FarCry 3 after buying from the Steam sale and the uPlay stuff came up. I decided to register but first the in-game browser wouldn't work so I did it from my browser... account all done and stuff.. but when I input the login and password it tells me if this is my first time playing I got to login first... I AM LOGGING IN!

Such bullshit DRM. Goddammit.

I tried playing Splinter Cell Conviction the other day. uPlay decided it needed to update, in doing so it made itself incompatible with the game version.

I'm annoyed I cant change the crappy old username I have with Ubi after using their MP program from way back (for Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six). Ubisoft recommends creating a new account if you want a different username, great ... but you tie games to Ubi accounts. Woo.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I don't even understand the existence of this piece of shit in the first place.

This is an abomination even if compared to EA's Origin.

Noi

uPlay on PS4 shits all over itself and doesn't let you log in if you have more than 100 friends on your friendlist. uPlay is required to access some SP stuff in AC4. It's mindboggling how ineffective the whole thing is.
KuGsj.gif

I started playing Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands on Steam a few months ago, without Uplay installed (had no idea I'd need it). The Uplay installer then proceeded to spend at least an hour installing whichever outdated version of Uplay that the game linked to, then every subsequent update one after the other.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
uPlay on PS4 shits all over itself and doesn't let you log in if you have more than 100 friends on your friendlist. uPlay is required to access some SP stuff in AC4. It's mindboggling how ineffective the whole thing is.
KuGsj.gif

Wat.

Ratrat

I can't play Brotherhood after an update. For some reason it's asking for a product code I already entered months ago, do if course it doesn't work...

Kvik

Yeah I too have a bone to pick with Uplay. The only game I got in there is Splinter Cell Blacklist. I tried booting it in between AC4 sessions on my PS4, only to be CTD'ed every single time.

I have to completely disable RadeonPro to be able to run it. I never have issues with either Steam sames or Origin games. Only on Uplay.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
never had problem with it on PS3 and PS4, lucky I guess.

yeah, I'm trying to start Assassin's Creed Black Flag on PS4 and it's asking me to activate my uPlay code.

I already fucking did. And now it won't accept the code...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
After Far Cry 3, I simply won't buy anything Ubi saddles with uPlay. Their games are not good enough to justify all the annoyances.

elektrixx

Banned
Uplay offers username changing through tech support. I requested a name change and they threatened to delete all my purchases if it changed.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I haven't been able to access uplay at all since I got ACIV for the One. It always gives me a "sorry the ubisoft server isn't available right now". :(

Valnen

Uplay is god awful on PC. It makes Ubisoft games simply not worth buying on PC. I couldn't play Splinter Cell: Conviction online at all with a friend because it simply didn't work. Ever.

If I ever absolutely have to play an Ubisoft game, it'll be on PS4 or not at all.

uPlay is even worse than GFWL imo... it's cancerous.

Also they love to lose your personal info. And until they drop uPlay I refuse to buy any game that uses it.

My only exposure to Uplay has been through the WiiU app, and even that one sucks major balls... I mean, one has only to take a look at the outrageously cheap looking logo and UI design to know that this is trash through and through...

I actually decided to stick with WiiU versions for AC4 and SCBL as to not have to deal with uplay on PC... the stories I'm hearing on here and from my buddies... nah, not worth the hassle.

As far as uplay on consoles goes, it's no better. I've been trying to full complete Assassin's Creed IV but cannot due to being locked out of Edward's fleet because uplay cannot connect if you have more than 100 friends. The only thing Ubi has offered in the way of help is to delete my friends. Awesome job, guys. Don't worry about it, don't fix your fucked up service, it's no trouble at all for me to delete 160+ plus people.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had to change my Uplay password because while the website and client support special characters just fine, Far Cry 2's in-game Ubisoft account form does not. Oh, and Uplay decided to delete my 96-hour AC4 save 2~3 weeks ago.

TimFL

KuGsj.gif

Lucky me, only have 11 PSN friends since hardly anyone I know owns a PS3/4 and plays online with it.

Big-E

My gaming time has diminished severely so when I had a free day to try and play Assassin's Creed 2 but spent the whole day trying to get the game to connect to uplay I swore off any ubisoft game that uses it. Don't care how great AssCreed IV is or how great the Division will be, ubisoft can fuck right off.

Chariot

I made a sin and played settlers 7 via uplay, but I shall never give it or origin more power. Those demons have to die.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Never had issues with it (on both PC and consoles) except for the other day I was trying to log in in ZombiU and it kept saying wrong password and username. :/

Oh fucking good lord

Is there any way I can try and get a refund from Ubisoft for this fucking bullshit?

My fucking online pass still won't recognize itself.

nbnt

Oh fucking good lord

Is there any way I can try and get a refund from Ubisoft for this fucking bullshit?

My fucking online pass still won't recognize itself.
Are you talking about AC4? They ditched the online pass for it, I think you can just download the uplay thing for free via somewhere on the main menu.

I meant my uPlay passport which the game still prompts me to enter every single time I start it up.

I'm fed up with it. The one time I actually decide to give this company some money and the game I get is neutered because their service works only intermittently for me. Wouldn't even be so bad if this problem didn't crop up every single time I muster enough curiosity to come back to this self-playing example of easy mode personified. Fucker's going on Craigslist and I'm not even considering Watch Dogs if this sort of shit is what I have to look forward to

nbnt

I meant my uPlay passport which the game still prompts me to enter every single time I start it up.

I'm fed up with it. The one time I actually decide to give this company some money and the game I get is neutered because their service works only intermittently for me. Wouldn't even be so bad if this problem didn't crop up every single time I muster enough curiosity to come back to this self-playing example of easy mode personified. Fucker's going on Craigslist and I'm not even considering Watch Dogs if this sort of shit is what I have to look forward to
Yes uPlay passport, you can download it for free.

RulkezX

It wanted me to re renter my Uplay passports fro AC4 on s4 last night thus locking me out of *single player* content !

And how come this shitty client is updating EVERY GOD DAMN TIME i start it up? What is it updating? It's shittiness? And it's not fast by any means, i mean.. 200kb/s :(..

Haunted

Who designed this piece of shit? I wanna play some FarCry 3 after buying from the Steam sale and the uPlay stuff came up. I decided to register but first the in-game browser wouldn't work so I did it from my browser... account all done and stuff.. but when I input the login and password it tells me if this is my first time playing I got to login first... I AM LOGGING IN!

Such bullshit DRM. Goddammit.
Uplay, Origin and GFWL have all served to make me appreciate Steam so much more.

GeometryHead

Neo Member
I can't even start uPlay anymore. In order to play any of the Ubisoft games I've bought, I have to crack them to remove uPlay, but that means I don't get the full experience, since all the online stuff is unavailable.

I fucking hate uPlay.

UglyPony

Ubisoft is having some serious infrastructure problems at the moment. Server outages out the ass, rayman legends daily challenges desyncing or server unreachable, assassins creed social events not working and other stuff.

Bought AC4 for PS4 yesterday. Loading it up for the first time it started asking me to create a uplay account.

So glad I told it "NOPE".

Top Bottom