• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Really weird shit that you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryck said:
When customers bitch to me about being on a lunch break, or closing my office. I tell them I was visiting my dying grandmother( excuse for lunch break) or that my grandmother or aunt died ( for closing for a day).... then I ham it up like im upset till they apologize... Im an asshole...

Your grandmother is actually going to die now you know.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
G-Pink said:
I do this, but more often, I go over past conflicts or conversations I've had and imagine things I should have said.

This. I do this all the time and I fucking dwell on the past.

whitehawk

Banned
PirateSean said:
I remember one time, when talking to this really cute girl, she just came out and said 'stop looking at my tits'. I didn't really notice I did this until then.. but now its a huge effort for me to look at girls faces and not their chest when I'm talking to them.
Just look at girls tits when they are wearing a shirt with writing on their chest. If they accuse you of looking, you have a perfectly legitimate excuse.

Kuramu

Whenever I see a horizontal open freezer (like in some supermarkets) I put my head right at the top and smell. There's a smell there I haven't smelled anywhere else. I like it

I draw triangles with my mind using various objects in the world as points. I do other eye games too, too many to mention them all, like looking at one spot, then without moving my focus, try to concentrate on things in the periphery to the point that I might as well be looking right at it.

I also like staring at one spot until the world seems to disappear. I suppose the cones and rods get tired. Unfortunately, I have a hard time keeping my eyes still, so it's frustrating. But when it works, it's fun to feel like you are blind

I guess this is weird... I use my own swear words which are always evolving based on the sounds i'm fascinated with at the time. Right now "fargus" and "shaibus" are my fuck and shit.

I used to sing about the thing I was doing at that moment, like "washing the plates, it's no fun...but I have to" or whatever. I don't do that anymore, sadly. I came up with some good tunes that way.

As an alternate to biting my nails, I scratch my head, looking for any granules of sand that might have blown in there. I love finding a grain of sand for some reason.

Hmm, all the interesting stuff stopped after high school. can barely remember

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Kuramu said:
Whenever I see a horizontal open freezer (like in some supermarkets) I put my head right at the top and smell. There's a smell there I haven't smelled anywhere else. I like it

I draw triangles with my mind using various objects in the world as points. I do other eye games too, too many to mention them all, like looking at one spot, then without moving my focus, try to concentrate on things in the periphery to the point that I might as well be looking right at it.

I also like staring at one spot until the world seems to disappear. I suppose the cones and rods get tired. Unfortunately, I have a hard time keeping my eyes still, so it's frustrating. But when it works, it's fun to feel like you are blind

I guess this is weird... I use my own swear words which are always evolving based on the sounds i'm fascinated with at the time. Right now "fargus" and "shaibus" are my fuck and shit.

I used to sing about the thing I was doing at that moment, like "washing the plates, it's no fun...but I have to" or whatever. I don't do that anymore, sadly. I came up with some good tunes that way.

As an alternate to biting my nails, I scratch my head, looking for any granules of sand that might have blown in there. I love finding a grain of sand for some reason.

Hmm, all the interesting stuff stopped after high school. can barely remember
You seem like an interesting person, seriously.

oneHeero said:
I make music videos in my head of songs I'm hearing, or of real life occurrences, I find a song that matches it and literally put the 2 together in my head.

I used to do this a lot. Sometimes I still do, but definitely not as much.

Also, I thought I was crazy for playing out future events in great detail in my head. Thanks to this thread, I feel at least a bit more sane or that there are people as equally insane as me. :lol

Doytch

When I'm in the passenger seat of a car, I frequently think about what would happen if I fired a ball at street level at the curb, and I try to hit every section at least once. A section being a curb divided by driveways or other roads. I think it might stem from playing Jezzball so damn much as a little kid.

G-Pink said:
I do this, but more often, I go over past conflicts or conversations I've had and imagine things I should have said.

YES!

The weird thing I do is bite the hell out of my fingers. I destroy my nails, sometimes to the point where they bleed, and when the nails are too short, I go for the skin around my nails.

Only exception to the nail biting? When my girlfriend is around. I don't know why but there is a level of comfort that makes it so I don't feel like biting my nails... Well, that and I can just make out with her if I feel the urge to bite my nails. Which is a great release valve.

Oh, and I tend to eat apples down to the very core. Then, I bite out the seeds, and I bit the thin shell around the apple seeds off, then eat the seed shell, but not the seed. I also simply devour sunflower seeds. I do not bit out the seed and spit out the shell. I eat the whole fucking thing.

I have the habit of moving my legs at almost all times, bouncing them while I am doing stuff sitting down.

I memorize voice actors and what other roles they have appeared in.

I sometimes pull my hand through my hair, feeling for "dirty" hair, then I bite off the root end of the hair...

God, the more I think about shit I do, the more fucked up I feel. :lol

Oh, and Kuramu, I totally make up songs about shit that I'm doing. Either that, or I take the parts of sentences people say and turn them into songs...which I just realized probably makes them feel like what they're saying is boring me...damn, I'm an asshole now. Fuck!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
On malls, on the food courts, sometimes some fast foods over some samples over the counter. I usually wink from afar and raise my thumb up in approval but I never go get the samples. The employees usually look at me with a "WTF" face.

I love to go into the Server Room and see what every user campus-wide, using computers at libraries or computer centers (not their laptops), are watching. When they write MySpace comments I tend to delete what they are writing. They are stubborn sometimes, other times they close the pages. I also close Messenger conversations. Once, and on accident, this guy was making a huge 111 paper. To joke with him I pressed CRTL+A to highlight everything. A letter then appeared and almost immediately the "saving" icon appeared. My jaw dropped and I closed the server-client software. Poor guy... bit I have fun!

When drinking a pop in a restaurant, and I'm in conversation or listening to somebody, I do the hold the top of the straw with my finger and lift it and suck out liquid in the straw from the bottom. I don't know why I do that.

If I have a thing of papers in my hand while I'm walking, it doesn't matter if its blank scrap paper or my college diploma and birth certificate, I will invariably start rolling it in my hands. By the time I realize I'm doing it, the papers are completely misshapen.

When I'm nervous, I tend to bring my hand up to my mouth, and bite my index finger on the side.

Oh, and I too love Totino's Party Pizzas.

deadbeef

Relix said:
On malls, on the food courts, sometimes some fast foods over some samples over the counter. I usually wink from afar and raise my thumb up in approval but I never go get the samples. The employees usually look at me with a "WTF" face.

I love to go into the Server Room and see what every user campus-wide, using computers at libraries or computer centers (not their laptops), are watching. When they write MySpace comments I tend to delete what they are writing. They are stubborn sometimes, other times they close the pages. I also close Messenger conversations. Once, and on accident, this guy was making a huge 111 paper. To joke with him I pressed CRTL+A to highlight everything. A letter then appeared and almost immediately the "saving" icon appeared. My jaw dropped and I closed the server-client software. Poor guy... bit I have fun!

Bastard Operator From Hell

Dali

Bite my
toe
nails.

No shit.

edit

more stuff that just came to mind:

-I count when I run. Not trying to pace myself or time anything, I just count and start over at random numbers.

-I'm constantly pushing in on the external back of my jaw. That area right below your ears.

-Drink lemon juice straight. When I was hospitalized as a kid for a couple of months the nurses would bring me extra lemon packs (like honey or ketchup packs) which I couldn't get enough of. I still have this strange innate desire to drink really tart stuff sometimes. Like I have to eat oranges or this frozen berry mixture of raspberries, blackberries and strawberries if lemon juice isn't readily available. This is kind of associated with me constantly pushing on the skin below my ear at the rear of my jaw.

-I press on my fingernails and constantly push my cuticles back. I feel weird if I don't do it symetrically. If one cuticle gets pushed back the opposite has to. Same for nail pressing.

-The nail pressing is sometimes done by pressing the nail against my bottom teeth and applying pressure with my thumb.

-The cuticle pushing is sometimes done with my top canine.

-I knock on my top front teeth with my knuckle and thump my bottom fronts with my middle finger.

-I stick things in my ears (like my glasses, the screwdriver from my glass' repair kit, or this pointed nail file) and "clean" them until I'm bleeding.

Sometimes I have an urge to bite someone in such a way that my upper mouth is over their lower mouth and my lower mouth is under their jaw.

Like this:

2mont3t.png

Doytch

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Sometimes I have an urge to bite someone in such a way that my upper mouth is over their lower mouth and my lower mouth is under their jaw.

Like this:

2mont3t.png

:lol :lol :lol

Holy shit, I cried.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
tinabina said:
i play games like tetris and dr. mario in my head sometimes.
Back when I was a Tetris junkie I was look at my bathroom tiles and play, it was kinda fun. Also I used to see Guitar Hero notes when I closed my eyes after playing a shitload.

AlexMogil

Play drums with my teeth. I grind my teeth in ways that sounds kinda... drummy and play a beat of a song I am thinking of.

Always like to have my feet up when sitting. ALWAYS.

I drum the beat of songs with my fingers on one hand and I like to see if the songs end up evenly with the amount of fingers I am using. Bear with me. If I use three fingers I will go through, let's say Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. 42 notes in the song, so it ends up even with three fingers. If I use FOUR fingers, I am left with two notes left over. So I start again with two fingers down. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME.

Sometime I think about blinking.

Now YOU are thinking about blinking.

I_D

* When I play music, or sing songs, or whatever, I count with my breathing, not by tapping my feet like most people.

* I remember events that happened to me in third-person. If I try to remember them in first-person, I lose detail.

* I make my bed constantly. Not because I like it to be neat, but because I don't like people sitting on my sheets.

Like this:

2mont3t.png

:lol :lol :lol

I've never even thought about it. I'm dying over here! :lol

pj

Banned

Like this:

2mont3t.png

If I start picturing myself doing this, I'm going to kill you

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

Like this:

2mont3t.png
:lol :lol :lol :lol

God I love ms paint gaf.

AlexMogil said:
Play drums with my teeth. I grind my teeth in ways that sounds kinda... drummy and play a beat of a song I am thinking of.

Shit, I've been doing this since middle school. Never mentioned it to anybody in my entire life. Are you a drummer?

Garcia

Like this:

2mont3t.png

What's wrong with u :lol :lol :lol :lol

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag

Like this:

2mont3t.png

I love you :lol

LakeEarth

Similarly to the OP, I took every letter that you make by holding your calculator upside down and seeing what words were possible. Unfortunately, nothing will ever defeat the awesometude of boobies.

I am obsessed with symmetry. If I scratch, say, the left side of my face, I have to scratch the exact opposite spot on the right side of my face with the same amount of pressure, friction etc. If I get the wrong spot, I have to balance that on the other side as well. This has the potential to occupy me for several minutes. I've tried 'not' scratching/poking the opposite side and it drove me to absolute distraction.

In any conversation, no matter how (in)appropriate, if someone says "two weeks", I involuntarily start saying "two weeks" as well, maybe two or three times, in a way that's similar to the customs scene in Total Recall. My sister has the same problem, apparently.

When I talk to people about places and locations, I invariably end up physically pointing in the direction of where ever I'm talking about.

- Rehearse future conversations to myself.
- Look down at the ground or cough when I pass someone in the hallway.
- Jig my leg after sitting for long periods of time.

aoi tsuki

i always have my camera with me, so i take pictures of things (typically cars) that seem interesting to me at the moment, then later, not so much.

1z2zl3q.jpg
2dkbrpi.jpg
1zzx51.jpg

Also, once a quarter, i go around my apartment nude, cover my chest with a swirl made of orange marmalade, and anally sacrifice a virgin in hopes that Sega will make another console.

oneHeero

Livin_Lovin said:
I used to do this a lot. Sometimes I still do, but definitely not as much.

Also, I thought I was crazy for playing out future events in great detail in my head. Thanks to this thread, I feel at least a bit more sane or that there are people as equally insane as me. :lol
I do the exact samething, learned to do it in middle school, kept me out of so much trouble. If I got ion truble I started rehearsing the future in my head, think of what I would be told and how I could rebuttal it and what they would say next. I would have toins of excuses prepared ahead of time. Now I cant stop to this day its good and bad.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I do the whole music video thing... but mostly to very dramatic scenes in my head. I don't just do music videos I do movies. I'll do all different angles and what not. For instance I was walking in Boston the other day with my friends and I had a whole scene planned in my head with dialog, angles, and lighting even, accompanied by music.

When I go to bed I sum up what's going to happen over the next days/weeks/year. For instance I'll go over in great detail what will happen the next day (I wake up, get ready and leave, go to this class, etc. come home relax) and then I go over what I like and dislike about what is coming up.

I keep my left and right side even... this is complicated. Basically if I step over a crack on the ground with my right foot, I have to step over a crack somewhere with my left. This also applies to my arms, my face, etc. I ignore it sometimes, but it's an uncomfortable feeling. Pretty sure that's OCD.

Concept17

bjork said:
I think about driving into oncoming traffic a lot. Or into trees, telephone poles, etc. Not to die or to kill anyone, but to get my car totaled.

I do this, and not just with cars. For some reason I have a morbid imagination at times and randomly think up the worst possible thing that could happen at any given time.

ZootedGranny said:
For some unknown reason, I walk on the balls of my feet whenever I'm not wearing shoes. Not on the tips of my toes, but just enough so that my heel doesn't touch the ground.

Do this to, sometimes while running as well. Moreso when I was younger.

Often when I'm driving or walking around campus, I imagine giant fight scenes using whatever I see in front of me. Massive actions scenes that usually are similar to final fantasy or some scifi or some medieval setting. I do it all the time when the g/f is riding in the car with me... I'll completely zone out on it, and won't respond to her immedietly if she tries talking to me. I think I've watched too many movies and played too many video games. Either way, I enjoy some of the stuff my imagination thinks up.

Doytch

AlexMogil said:

I sort of do this. I use my tongue to hit against the base of my side teeth.

unifin

I take a look at blank wall spaces between windows, doors, etc., and imagine what the path of a ball would be if the surface were horizontal and it were fired by a pinball plunger. All the time.

I pluck my leg hair absent-mindedly.

When I'm using tweezers on unwanted bits of facial hair (on the areas I don't shave), I used to take the dark-ended hairs and stick them to the side of my mirror, to see how long they could adhere unattended.

On a darker note, whenever anyone says they'll give me a call and they're 5 minutes or later in calling, before they finally call me back I worry intensely that something terrible has happened.

EDIT: I also have a bad habit of turning real life into melodrama inside my head if I have minor quibbles with family members or with my girlfriend, where she will wrong me terribly and I will be forced to wreak vengeance on the guy she cheated on me with, blah blah blah, culminating in me obtaining super powers and toying with my victim, blah blah blah.

I've read too many books, honestly. The bad part of these revenge fantasies is that it takes me a while to snap out of it and remember that it was all inside my head.

Doytch

unifin said:
I take a look at blank wall spaces between windows, doors, etc., and imagine what the path of a ball would be if the surface were horizontal and it were fired by a pinball plunger. All the time.

HI FIVE! :D

aoi tsuki

unifin said:
On a darker note, whenever anyone says they'll give me a call and they're 5 minutes or later in calling, before they finally call me back I worry intensely that something terrible has happened.
Hi Mom.

unifin

aoi tsuki said:

Seriously. It's a terrible habit but there's certain people in my life that I am absolutely terrified of losing.

I can't imagine how I'm going to be with kids in 10 years. ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom