• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

reason for not joining neogaf earlier.

LOLCats

Banned
it was the paid email thing... sure i had paid email from my isp, but i thought it was uppity garbage and honestly stupid. i think i eventually created an account because i wanted to ask a question... idk, might be interesting to go back and see what my first neogaf comment was.

edit you know what, i think i also waited a long time before activation, again more old gaf pretentious bullshit

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
whoa , a couple of years for authorization , what is this neogaf or the CIA
pretty sure my account was in limbo for 4 years before it got approved. i was in college then switched to my work email to no avail. Then tried a completely new account with the same email and that one didnt work either.

then some time later found a twitter thread where someone mentioned how you have to reactivate your email because of a bug and a couple of months after that i got in. i couldnt believe it. it says i joined in 2013, but my first account that was lost was back in 2008 or maybe 2009. around the time mgs4 came out. 4 years is a long time. i remember dreaming about getting my account activated and then i would wake up and realize it was just a dream lol

Last edited:

Ornlu

Banned
The email requirement is why I lurked for a while; had a pending account for forever.

it was the paid email thing... sure i had paid email from my isp, but i thought it was uppity garbage and honestly stupid. i think i eventually created an account because i wanted to ask a question... idk, might be interesting to go back and see what my first neogaf comment was.

"But if you study the lore, you will find she is really a 1000 year old dragon; there's more nuance than you are presenting!!!"

I kid, I kid

mansoor1980

pretty sure my account was in limbo for 4 years before it got approved. i was in college then switched to my work email to no avail. Then tried a completely new account with the same email and that one didnt work either.

then some time later found a twitter thread where someone mentioned how you have to reactivate your email because of a bug and a couple of months after that i got in. i couldnt believe it. 4 years is a long time. i remember dreaming about getting my account activated and then i would wake up and realize it was just a dream lol
damn son , 4 years is half a decade nearly

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah, the email thing for me too. It turned me off at the time, and now with all the free time that covid has given me I though "hey, let's see if they are still asking for that". And here we are. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I aslo started working at an english speaking company, so this kinda helps me to practice the language.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I joined a long time ago on old GAF. I can't remember the user name, and the email address I used no longer exists (it was either an old ISP or edu). Either shortly before or after the schism I just stopped using discussion forums for a long time.

TheContact

i joined in 2008(?) originally but i got think i got banned for something or i forgot my login. i don't even think i knew about GAF before that, and I registered because industry professionals posted here and a lot of breaking news happened here as well. sadly i was on gamefaqs before this

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I got declined like 5 times before getting in. Without any reason. All I did was provide a username and a mail address. But somehow that wasn't acceptable. So I also lurked for around 7 years before I could be a part of the community.

My account got accepted around the cancer 'Era', so I'm suspecting the cancerous mods who decided which to join went to their circle Jerk forum.

I joined back in 2006-2007 using my mom’s work email. That account was sent to oblivion because of the previous pricks and I resurrected back in 2014. I was young and afraid to interact with people here because back in the day GAF was VERY aggressive

Gaf was split between current Gaf and Era people on the same forum.

Really crazy times.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
so the creation of that OTHER forum allowed new dudes to join here easily
No, only the sane people joined this place. Especially with the forums no longer requiring non-free email for registration which makes it easier for people to join

Edit: By any chance are you an arab?

Last edited:

nowhat

so i was a lurker since 2004 and wanted to get an account on gaf,for games and shit but i thought u had to pay to get a membership.so wats ur reason for joining neogaf late?
a) trying with Gmail at first and not bothering to read the fine print
b) registering with a work account and not bothering to check the junk mail folder where for some reason the acceptance mails keep ending up

...and as chance would have it, after lurking for several years and finally getting an account, there's "the thing" and "that other place" is formed (not trying to derail the discussion, that's just literally what happened which I found amusing). Oh well, I'm here now.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I don't know, but I lurked for like a decade before joining. Maybe it was the paid e-mail thing, I can't remember. I'm loving how fun it is to post here though. The "reactions" give dopamine hits and clear the forum of a lot of clutter, such as "THIS" under a quoted post, and the like.

RAIDEN1

TlMAmMU.jpg

Top Bottom