• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebellion still in the dark on Nintendo NX: "I know no more about NX than you do."

MK_768

I'll wait until criticizing Nintendo's dev kit decisions until we know what the hell is being released for the system.

Until then all of this is pointless.

Papacheeks

Banned
I'll wait until criticizing Nintendo's dev kit decisions until we know what the hell is being released for the system.

Until then all of this is pointless.

Then why have all those NX speculation threads? These threads exist for discussion.

If it bothers you ignore it then.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
small devs don't usually get kits until after the system is officially announced. We don't even know the actual name of the NX console, or its release date.

A studio that is probably only ever going to make one or two games for the console, especially one that is probably only looking to port multi-platform titles, doesn't need a 2-year head-start of development time.

Usually, maybe. But this is not a usual console launch. Its a mid console launch where Nintendo has to make much more extra effort than before. They don't have the luxury nor the position to put anyone on hold.

us consumers not knowing the name, release date and stuffs has got nothing to do with devs getting them early to make games for it.

Nintendo should count themselves fortunate that they have a late port to begin with at this moment. Lots of developers straight out skipping the Wii U.

MK_768

Then why have all those NX speculation threads? These threads exist for discussion.

If it bothers you ignore it then.

The discussions are the same. What's the point of a discussion when there is nothing new?

Go through all the discussion threads and you will see the same exact discussions happening in each thread. They are no longer interesting when nothing new has really been said.

I get it though. People are impatient and are dying for some news(as am I). It's just some of the discussions are filled with too much assumption and emotion.

Also, if my comment bothered you then you could've ignored it lol. You chose not to like I chose not to ignore another pointless discussion thread.

Ansatz

Wait, it just occurred to me that Retro Studios made just ONE game for the Wii U, and that game was a side scrolling platformer.

Ouch.

The expectation Retro has built up is to see one original game release from them every three years. Tropical Freeze was delayed 2 months from when it should've been released which isn't that bad and before I question Nintendo's management of the studio I'll wait and see because technically they're still on schedule.

Depending on the strength of the system and the online infrastructure Nintendo will be able to get games imo. If it can run modern engines fine and with good results I dont see why it wont get CoD or Star Wars or Fifa. Stuff by small devs like Rebellion will be more reliant on how they feel about audience aka not happening

Nintendo prob aint launching this shit this year.

Usually, maybe. But this is not a usual console launch. Its a mid console launch where Nintendo has to make much more extra effort than before. They don't have the luxury nor the position to put anyone on hold.

What is a 'mid console' launch though? Between ps4 and ps5? within a year of an Xbox One point 5? Is it a mid handheld launch too, four years before the glorious PSVita 2? Outside of possibly the PS brand I think the traditional generations are going to disappear or at least get very blurred.
I don't think any of the potential difficulties will be any different to the Wii launch, which definitely wasn't a mid console launch.

Neoxon

Depending on the strength of the system and the online infrastructure Nintendo will be able to get games imo. If it can run modern engines fine and with good results I dont see why it wont get CoD or Star Wars or Fifa. Stuff by small devs like Rebellion will be more reliant on how they feel about audience aka not happening

Nintendo prob aint launching this shit this year.
Trev's source already leaked that we're getting at least one NX device this year.

Woo-Fu

Banned
This is ridiculous. Either Nintendo is keeping developers in the dark on purpose - which would be idiotic and the complete opposite of what they should be doing - or NX isn't launching this year.

I'm not sure what universe you're from but in my universe Nintendo hasn't ever given a shit about 3rd party developers when it comes to console. They barely tolerate the competition for their own studios while paying lip service to the concept of third party support.

Wouldn't expect anybody other than perhaps 2nd party and the likes of EA having any concrete info.

Top Bottom