• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommendations on Good Ellipticals?

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I have a Schwinn 438 Elliptical I've been using for years and had to weld back together once already once the center post snapped after heavy use. It has now started to give again and while I could repair it again I think it may be time for a replacement (can't even find replacement posts for it anymore).

Now I've been shopping around and there's a lot of good options but I had a few questions. For one I usually run at max resistance and use the swinging arms. I need a machine that will hold up well to that kind of stress. Also right now I have a couple mounts clipped on to hold my ipad while I run. It would be ideal to just have a screen built in that could either connect to a phone or tablet and allow me to run stuff like Funimation and Youtube or something that could run those apps itself. I've seen a lot that have bluetooth and can connect to fitness programs but they don't say if they can just show normal stuff on the screen which is what I'm more interested in. Finally, if there's one that's a little quieter and uses magnetic resistance more that would be nice but not essential.

Any of you guys have experience with these things and could maybe recommend a model. I'm willing to look at a wide range of prices if it gets me a good long term solution.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I bought a Smooth Fitness elliptical based off of the Consumer Reports and Amazon reviews. I think my model was the 3.6.

I have no complaints whatsoever, for $1300 (including shipping), I feel like I have a very durable machine that can rival some of the more expensive brands.

tenor.gif

Top Bottom