• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore:DE and R6:Siege for free on Xbox One(error?)

f@luS

More than a member.
Tried on mobile Xbox app not showing "install" just free trial or buy

Tried on windows 10 store on my surface it says separately
InStall / install on Xbox one / buy / get gamepass / free trial

Clicked install on Xbox one. Will see Thursday when I get back

Thanks

CuNi

After Downloading it, my xbox says "You can play for now, or buy to keep it forever", sooo I guess thats some free trail they're having or so?

PayaV87

Downloading both, but store says I can buy to own Siege. So probably this is just the free trial.

Recore has a buy button on the webstore but already installing on xbox.

I don't know what to make of it, but I think we wont be able to hold on to these.

kuYuri

If it was given away through Mixer, you would get a notification on your Mixer account that you received the game, so if you don't see that notification, then I'm pretty sure you didn't get it through Mixer.

Pretty sure this is the trial, and you still unlock achievements. However if it is the trial, it should prompt you saying there's x amount of time left after a little while.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Win10 store says "$19.99 or save big with this special offer"

Not sure if that's referring to it being free or the gamepass discount.

Hmmm
IMG_6813.png

Things to note:
I'm an insider
I've downloaded and played the trial in the past
I do not have gamepass
I watched Mixer during Gamescom

Downloaded it on both, the save from my physical version shows on both - pretty neato that I don't have to reinstall things like I have to do on the PS4.

jfoul

Downloaded Recore DE on my XB1. No Game Pass, XBL Gold is lapsed, and I've never played a trial. I did watch Gamescom on my xbl account though.

RootCause

Played it for like five minutes. Will get back to it once I'm finished with Dead Rising 2. Hopefully it doesn't get revoked by then. Either way, I bought it for xbox, but I don't have a system to play it on until the Scorpio gets here. So it will be nice for comparison.

oti

Banned
Played it for like five minutes. Will get back to it once I'm finished with Dead Rising 2. Hopefully it doesn't get revoked by then. Either way, I bought it for xbox, but I don't have a system to play it on until the Scorpio gets here. So it will be nice for comparison.

I mean... nothing's stopping you from going offline for a while. You know.

Works perfectly fine for me although I've never used Gamepass, never watched anything on Mixer, and may have downloaded the trial but never played it, so can't remember.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Oh yea...I saw this installed on my HDD last night but I never asked it to download or bought it.

So it's either 1 of 2 things: Last year, Recore had a trial up right after launch and MS updated the old game to the new one which was still on my hdd.

The other is they were giving away copies on Mixer last week and I won one.

snap

Banned
Saw install on my surface, went to the store, clicked on the banner for Recore and it asked me to select a drive. "That's cool but I should do this on my desktop instead when I get home."

Saw someone say it acquires license when you start the download "ok so I should probably start the download anyways here just in case it works out for me"

Go back to that page, now says Buy instead of Install. RIP

Edit: and now it's back to Install.

CuNi

Saw install on my surface, went to the store, clicked on the banner for Recore and it asked me to select a drive. "That's cool but I should do this on my desktop instead when I get home."

Saw someone say it acquires license when you start the download "ok so I should probably start the download anyways here just in case it works out for me"

Go back to that page, now says Buy instead of Install. RIP

Edit: and now it's back to Install.

Open the page a few times. I pops in and out alot.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ReCore: Definitive Edition is installed on my main computer, with the Play button, along with Buy, Free Trial and Get Xbox Game Pass buttons.

On my Laptop using the same Microsoft login (same licenses shared between them), ReCore only shows up as Buy, get xbox game pass or trial.

There's no install or download or play buttons.

Much like Fallout 4, I guess that those who downloaded it got it, you'll most likely lose it once you delete it. It doesn't show under My Library either.

Chris1

Anyone constantly getting kicked out of recore with a something went wrong message? I can go back into the game straight away so the game doesn't close, but it always kicks me to the home sreen

Edit: Now I can't open it again at all, seems fixed?

snap

Banned
Anyone constantly getting kicked out of recore with a something went wrong message? I can go back into the game straight away so the game doesn't close, but it always kicks me to the home sreen

Edit: Now I can't open it again at all, seems fixed?

yeah my install keeps ping ponging between "error" and "acquiring license"

PayaV87

Recore upon starting says that I have to own the game to play it, and wont launch. Uninstalled, disappeared from Ready to install list, and store says "buy" now. I guess that's it.

KyleCross

Installed and working fine on Windows 10. I heard there's HDR support, but it didn't automatically turn on with the game and I don't see a setting either.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I bought ReCore on PC when it came out, and I noticed the thumbnail shows "Definitive Edition" on it, including Install.

Did I get a free upgrade?

Yup, everyone who already owns Recore gets upgraded to the Definitive Edition for free.

Top Bottom