• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore DE Details Revealed (Reduced Load Times, 2 New Overworlds, 10 Dungeons + More)

Sygma

No HDR on the Windows 10 version. Wish Microsoft would hurry up and fix whatever is preventing UWP games from displaying HDR.

:| wouldn't it be displayed by default if you enabled HDR in windows settings ?

as far as the loading time goes, the patch notes specifically mentionned that they disappear after you died , the initial one post main menu is the same.

I tried it and threw myself over the map, the respawn was instant

Just finished the one trial so I decided on preordering the Definitive Edition. One question, Am I able to continue progress from a save from to PC-Console? I so, i'll download Recore on both my PC and OG Xbox.

fast_taker

Just finished the one trial so I decided on preordering the Definitive Edition. One question, Am I able to continue progress from a save from to PC-Console? I so, i'll download Recore on both my PC and OG Xbox.

since you are online, you can continue progress from PC to X1 and vice versa.

nstine

I downloaded and installed the update. Like I said earlier, sadly the loading times are the same on Xbox. I even did a full power off cycle on the console and they haven't changed. Maybe the improvement is only on PC.

When you say the loading times are the same are you referring to initial level load or respawning after a death/failed jump?

The patch notes seem to indicate that the biggest improvements to loading are to respawns/restarting areas that you've already loaded.

I downloaded and installed the update. Like I said earlier, sadly the loading times are the same on Xbox. I even did a full power off cycle on the console and they haven't changed. Maybe the improvement is only on PC.

I played through the PC version in September and October last year (I don't have an XB1), and the load times were pretty short: never exceeded 15 seconds for me. This was on an SSD, but others reported the same thing, using a normal HDD:
Sub 15 seconds for me. Normal HDD.

So it seems pretty unlikely that the patch notes were referring to the PC version.

Deepo

:| wouldn't it be displayed by default if you enabled HDR in windows settings ?

as far as the loading time goes, the patch notes specifically mentionned that they disappear after you died , the initial one post main menu is the same.

I tried it and threw myself over the map, the respawn was instant

HDR is enabled on the desktop, yeah, but the game is certainly not mapping it correctly. Looks grey and dull. Tried it on the Xbone as well, and HDR works fine there.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
decided to delete my save and start over. i don't remember being this much voice acting in the game. seems like they have a narrator doing some of the stuff that was just text before. although i haven't played in a long time so i could be mistaken.
Gamepass works for ppl with just a pc rather than an Xbox?
the game is a XPA title, so it should work on PC when subscribing to Game Pass. Don't see why not.

That issue was totally overblown imo, but yes, it has been fixed. Be warned though, now it sounds like you could 'finish' the game double-quick. This isn't one to rush the story on imo.
cool, thank you. Don't worry, I like to take my time with games but I heard that originally you had to go back and find every core, which remind me to Jet Force Gemini's end game. Thankfully its fixed.

Sygma

HDR is enabled on the desktop, yeah, but the game is certainly not mapping it correctly. Looks grey and dull. Tried it on the Xbone as well, and HDR works fine there.

Ha that sucks man, Creator is such a failure

did the same otherwise, deleted my save to start fresh. plenty of little details got enhanced, loving it. Number 1 would be the items animations when elements / robots are dropping loot. Textures nicely overhauled, the QOL changes are also very welcomed. Can't wait to see that new content even tho I'll take my time all over again to get cores and whatnot :p

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
From googling, that's not my understanding as to how this works.
i think this is the first PC game on game pass, so I don't think googling will help you. I guess wait a few days and find out. But Game Pass is not a weird portal where you log into. It is just a list of games on the store that you have a license to. And with the WIndows Store and Xbox Store being the same store, as well as XPA games having really only one Version and one license for both. It should work.

Gitaroo

anyone know how to cntact the dev? Another PC game without HDR on pc again. I don't understand why they even bother to hype up HDR in their creator update when non of their games support it.

Colbert

Banned
I just started Recore Definite Edition on my Xbox One S that is plugged to a LG OLED. The HDR on the core bots is insane. So glad they did this update. So unfortunate that you cant show the HDR on screenshots yet. It looks awesome.

I just started Recore Definite Edition on my Xbox One S that is plugged to a LG OLED. The HDR on the core bots is insane. So glad they did this update. So unfortunate that you cant show the HDR on screenshots yet. It looks awesome.

What about the visuals themselves, textures etc? I ain't got a HDR TV so I won't be able to use that. I'm reading conflicting stuff on the Xbox reddit but I'd rather read impressions here.

Colbert

Banned
What about the visuals themselves, textures etc? I ain't got a HDR TV so I won't be able to use that. I'm reading conflicting stuff on the Xbox reddit but I'd rather read impressions here.

I just wrote this being in the brawler base. I just fired it up to see the HDR difference and then went back to my home office desk (working). Will report maybe later.

DocSeuss

I really liked the game until that awful, awful, awful ending gauntlet. How do you make a game so fun become so boring?

That and the "find all the X in the area, but we're not telling you how many there are or providing you a way to find them" achievement really sucked. I could deal with the load times, but not that.

Colbert

Banned
Reduced loading times in a dungeon confirmed. Instant so to say.

Also game world not as bright as much anymore. Much more diverse lighting. Did I say how awesome the HDR is on the bots and herself? Okay the .....

Reduced loading times in a dungeon confirmed. Instant so to say.

Also game world not as bright as much anymore. Much more diverse lighting. Did I say how awesome the HDR is on the bots and herself? Okay the .....

I reinstalled it yesterday, played a bit and then did the update this afternoon , just been playing it and I don't see much of a difference. True, HDR is nice but I don't have that on my TV and I wanted to see more of a improvement in the graphics. Waited ages for this. Maybe I need glasses or something.

Plus load times, entered a area called Lonely Basin and the loading was above 20 seconds, I thought they fixed that to around 5-6 seconds??

cireza

Plus load times, entered a area called Lonely Basin and the loading was above 20 seconds, I thought they fixed that to around 5-6 seconds??
No. They reduced the loading times when dying.

When you enter an area for the first time, it needs to load. This is common sense.

nstine

From the patch notes:

Load Times
When dying, reload times for combat encounters went from 30-60 seconds to < 5 seconds
Restarting traversals and arenas are now instantaneous (was a load before)
Optimized Level/Area Load Times

https://www.recoregame.com/upcoming-updates-new-adventures-recore-definitive-edition/

This seems to indicate that initial level load times are not significantly improved. It's reloading these areas after dying/retrying an area that you have already loaded that have been improved.

blakep267

From the patch notes:

Load Times
When dying, reload times for combat encounters went from 30-60 seconds to < 5 seconds
Restarting traversals and arenas are now instantaneous (was a load before)
Optimized Level/Area Load Times

https://www.recoregame.com/upcoming-updates-new-adventures-recore-definitive-edition/

This seems to indicate that initial level load times are not significantly improved. It's reloading these areas after dying/retrying an area that you have already loaded that have been improved.
IT seems that they couldn't fix the new area load times. So instead they gave you the ability to swap out corebots at any fast travel point and travel between points

nstine

IT seems that they couldn't fix the new area load times. So instead they gave you the ability to swap out corebots at any fast travel point and travel between points

Agreed. Reducing the number of times you have to load a new area to swap out corebots is a very nice QoL update.

I had been playing on PC so load times were never an issue for me, but it would have been nice if they had been able to dramatically reduce level load times on consoles. Still what they have done is a nice improvement in regards to other loading time issues.

Godcannon

Shoutout to Novocaine for telling me hold off for a DE. Thank you wise Soothsayer. Lol. I have only seen the front cover of this game (and gonna keep it that way) but will be picking it up soon and can't wait to check it out. Xbox exclusives may be rather limited but they sure as hell have been pretty amazing so far. Stoked.

I have game pass... But it's not listed on the game pass page (full list of games)

Searching for it in the store, I did have an "install" button but it was also showing the price... Usually game pass games show the discounted price you can buy it for.

There was a separate "free trial" button so not sure what I'll be able to do with the install...

Have a horrible feeling my game pass runs out at the end of this month!

Waypoint problems still there, it disappears like in the original game. Apologies if I'm made a mistake there and it's intentional by the devs but it's annoying.

Can you carry on a save with de or do you have to start over

Gimme a second, I'll check.

EDIT: Looks like you're good to go

NEZkIGf.png

Top Bottom