• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

Tecnniqe

Banned
Even tho I have finished this 100%, I CANT STOP DOING IT
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/recore9_14_20166_23_2cojf4.png[/IMG]

That Rainbow cache!
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/recore9_14_20166_27_4i3jp6.png[/IMG]

Based MACK
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/recore9_14_20167_15_59zj6q.png[/IMG]

7RCbpV7.gif

My god, that OT subtitle. Who deserves my bountiful praise?

Just got my copy today (it was delivered to the wrong house). I'm looking forward to tucking in, load times and all.

Vic_Viper

This game would have been awesome with just a few extra things to do in the open areas and actual loot for the main character. The stuff that is in the game has been really fun but it just feels like there should have been more to do. Maybe have some unique enimes roming around that drop special items if your able to kill them. Plus I would have really liked to be able to craft different armor and weapons for the main character and not just her pets.

This is a great base for a game though and if they get to do a sequel it could be really awesome.

eshwaaz

The load times may end up being what ruins this game for me. I keep failing a boss battle, and the reload takes over 2 minutes. On top of that, the checkpoint is a few seconds before an unskippable cutscene. Why do devs keep doing this crap?

The game itself is quite enjoyable, but the load times are atrocious.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The load times may end up being what ruins this game for me. I keep failing a boss battle, and the reload takes over 2 minutes. On top of that, the checkpoint is a few seconds before an unskippable cutscene. Why do devs keep doing this crap?

The game itself is quite enjoyable, but the load times are atrocious.

Are you on the Xbox?

It might be system related to Xbox since my load times on PC are very short, both death and zone change.

I was going to get this game on PC, but then the reviews came out... I really hate filler content.

I think I may buy it just for the first few hours though... is there a particular mission or story point where I should bail? Would like to stop before I get frustrated so I don't leave with a bad taste in my mouth.

oSoLucky

This 5.4 GB patch is killing me. It seems like XBL gets slower for me every time I use it. 35min and only 25% downloaded. Almost glad I went for GCU instead of Play Anywhere now.

Zedox

This game would have been awesome with just a few extra things to do in the open areas and actual loot for the main character. The stuff that is in the game has been really fun but it just feels like there should have been more to do. Maybe have some unique enimes roming around that drop special items if your able to kill them. Plus I would have really liked to be able to craft different armor and weapons for the main character and not just her pets.

This is a great base for a game though and if they get to do a sequel it could be really awesome.

I'm only sad because I think we all know what they could have done with this game if given the AAA budget and time to make the game. I truly hope that the sales are good enough to warrant a sequel. To me they can make this their Tomb Raider if done right (and not all has to be cinematics). Do some other things bots and some more abilities and customization of your character (different looks to help against certain color of enemies) and this game would be perfect (albeit some other pace changing and graphical details). But even with that said, that's a hypothetical. I just hope that Phil keeps this and QB to go forward because I think what they have there are good games that just need to be expanded upon. Oh well, still enjoying the game for what it is now.

Default system hard drive too I assume?

Even on my external it's still long. Nothing will save you besides SSD. lol.

Justinh

I just ordered that. Call me crazy but I really like that game.

Holy shit it's huge.

I'm Actually hoping it goes down in price a lot from now on, because I think I kinda want it. I really like the game, and I like stuff like that decoder ring. I'm a sucker for steelbooks, too.

Reedirect

Played for around 45 minutes and I actually really like it so far. Great, simple combat mechanics, smooth controls and Joule and Mack are instantly likeable without any real backstory. I can live with the jankiness so far.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Oh man... I'm going to love this game. Platforming feels pretty tight and the combat is fun too, with the extracting mechanic. I like how the game just... starts. No cutscenes, just quick tutorials as you go along. From the first second you're playing and platforming/fighting.

Hitting all the right notes so far.

jtrov

When you return power to the first pylon after the tutorial area and the game basically says, "go explore", I knew then and there I was going to lose myself in free roaming. I'm currently wandering through this wasteland scrummaging up parts and cores to upgrade max and I keep running into side dungeons, which continues my road off the beaten path.

The side dungeons, especially the platforming ones, have been a real treat thus far. Though I think I'm at a point where I need a new core bot in order to 100% a few of them (need all the disco cores I can get). So during my next play session I plan on continuing with the story and see what else I unlock.

Enjoying the hell out of it despite some of these technical issues, and I can't wait to see if these side dungeons really ramp up as the requirements to open them increase.

Zedox

So after 6h 22m and 37% done with the game, I have Mack, Seth, and Duncan and the 4th frame. Currently fighting a boss but died so quickly. I'm going to go back around and level up after I take a break. Gotta upgrade these parts more. I love the fact that I played that long and I'm only at 37% through the game. The combat gets really hectic at times where I'm like, shit I should have done this or had this corebot instead. Loving the game.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
One issue so far: I was in the first dungeon and enemies spawned before I had the red ammo upgrade. I was sure I encountered a glitch/bug because I was getting tutorials to shoot red, when I didn't even have it yet. It was then I noticed the chest finally. Now I know their look, but these should've 'popped' a bit more because it's easy to overlook them. Those enemies should've spawned after you opened that chest too. A bit of confusing progression.

Otherwise, well... It's 1:30 AM and I have work tomorrow, think that says enough. Fantastic game. I just got the message I can explore now and do optional stuff, think I'll be lost in this one for a while.

Zedox

I hope that word of mouth spreads to get the sales that the game deserves. I already want a sequel with a AAA budget. Thegame is giving me what I want.

Outrun

So after 6h 22m and 37% done with the game, I have Mack, Seth, and Duncan and the 4th frame. Currently fighting a boss but died so quickly. I'm going to go back around and level up after I take a break. Gotta upgrade these parts more. I love the fact that I played that long and I'm only at 37% through the game. The combat gets really hectic at times where I'm like, shit I should have done this or had this corebot instead. Loving the game.

Yeah, I am enjoying it also. It is always nice when a game exceeds it's review aggregate.

Sydle

Okay so I bought the game digitally on my XBONE now how do I download on my PC?

While logged into Windows using the same Microsoft account you have your Xbox gamertag associated with, Go to the Windows Store, search Recore, and click Install.

If you don't see it then make sure you have the Anniversary update. Why? Zedox pointed out that the Anniversary update included an important Windows Store update to unify the Xbox Store and Windows Store, enabling Play Anywhere.

Is anyone interested in my copy?

It's the Best Buy copy with the controller skin. The Xbox One version is just way too technically flawed, two hard crashes now and when shit hits the fan- the game hits rock bottom in frames. If these types of things don't bother you, it's a solid game.

Karak

Taking a wait and see. The impression I got from the rather lengthy discussion of the game on the bombcast this week was that Jeff and Brad both LOVED the game for the first few hours and then it fell apart completely.

Same exact thing happened to me during my review. I mean the same.

Zedox

Gotta love the gamebreaking bug. Was able to return to Crawler. Still enjoying the game. :) https://t.co/ykLYKjXf8X

Haha. Luckily I already beat the basic dungeon. I was trying to beat the time. Bleh. I still gotta find the key and all the red keys. I'll enjoy finding them later.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
SO i have been playing this game, and its really fun. Why is it getting low reviews?
Apparently the late game is super tedious and poorly planned and padded.

I'm waiting for some gaf impressions of that stage of the game first too, as I'm super keen on this.

DirtyLarry

Play Anywhere is truly fantastic. I get the TV tonight since South Park is back but that meant letting my wife watch whatever she wanted at 9 PM. She chose one of her awful shows.
I said I would be back in an hour.
Fired up Recore, load times on PC are literally like 10x faster, got to play a bit and it flew by.
Back downstairs. South Park is beginning.
Brilliant. Just brilliant.

corin7

Neo Member

I'm waiting for some gaf impressions of that stage of the game first too, as I'm super keen on this.

I am fully expecting this to be the case at some point but honestly the early part of the game is so good I don't even care. Super glad to have this game.

If it's padding ala metroid prime or wind waker, I could care less. Or If not how else does the end play out to completely ruin everything I played prior?

Top Bottom