• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

Once you get past the first dungeon and it opens up, I see the symbols for all the cores but can't for the life of me seem to figure out how to get to them... somehow this is awesome! Either they are hidden well in how to obtain or I'm simply missing upgrades.

Here is a video I did as my debut back to youtube, enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbh4z8XF54

Blindy

Is there something wrong? I fell to my death 5x in the first 30 minutes while battling regular enemies and even the 1st boss, there are certain spots on the floor that if you fall through, Joule is taken into some white skied area and plunges to her death? Is that suppose to happen?

I also noticed in the 1st minute of the game that as I run into the rocks that I can morph into them and have my character engulfed by them.

Hilarious stuff.

Is there something wrong? I fell to my death 5x in the first 30 minutes while battling regular enemies and even the 1st boss, there are certain spots on the floor that if you fall through, Joule is taken into some white skied area and plunges to her death? Is that suppose to happen?

I also noticed in the 1st minute of the game that as I run into the rocks that I can morph into them and have my character engulfed by them.

Hilarious stuff.

I've not seen this at all across the xbox one or PC version. You can replicate it always?

Kolgar

Really liking this so far. The characters, atmosphere, voice acting, music and mechanics come together to create a fresh yet familiar experience. I can't help but be reminded a little of Beyond Good & Evil and the charm of that game.

Also glad to hear that the campaign is generously long. From the little I have played so far, this seems like a great chill game that I will be happy to savor over a number of weeks.

So much love/hate right now. I'm really enjoying the games mechanics and exploration but this is a technical mess. The clipping is awful, in some areas- it doesn't even look like textures were applied. A mission glitches to where Mack wouldn't spawn, her dialogue was delayed after the fact, and the item counter didn't progress. Not too mention, I have an Xbox One S and it's hard locked on me.

Zafir

Played a bit more and it actually seems fairly fun so far really. I'm surprised that the platforming actually seems really solid, even when doing tighter jumps during the side dungeons.

The loading issue seemed to be a onetime thing for me. It's startup loading is much faster now for whatever reason. It seems to play well on my 970 at 1440p at max settings too.

Vyse

Gold Member
Played for a few hours today. Really loving it! Only issue with loading time is when I died. :(

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Through the first dungeon. Graphics, performance and animation are roooouuuggghhh

The game however is super fun, the combat is ok, the exploration is pretty good and the platforming is very good.

Super happy with this purchase

Seriously i playing though and wondering how the hell someone scores this a 3/10. Its either that person doesn't understand how the numerical system works, or they have a vendetta. I mean, a 3 out of 10 basically says this is unplayable and/or one of the worst games EVER.

Y'know, I'm not saying you're wrong within the context of how game reviews are scaled, but this is why the way reviewers usually do it is stupid.

A 3/10 should not = worst game ever. That's what 1/10 is for. A 3/10 is half way between "terrible" and "average".

(Obligatory disclaimer: I haven't played ReCore, but I don't think that's relevant to my above post in any way.)

Noobcraft

I'm having fun so far. I mean my expectations aren't high but having just beat the 2nd boss I'm having a good time. Hopefully the difficulty ramps up.

DirtyLarry

Answered my own question from before (thanks for nothing GAF), and this time around I played it on my PC. And I have to give credit where credit is due. I see some people saying they were having issues with the game showing as owned on the Windows side, but it showed up for me a few weeks back when I checked it, so "installed" in then (which was just a quick preload), and tonight on my PC was all there ready to go.

After about a 2 second sync, all my progress was there as it should be. The game runs beautifully on my rig. And I have to say playing it on PC is such a better experience overall. So much better. In fact I do believe it is somewhat of a double edged sword for MS, as the performance difference is pretty damn drastic (as it should be) that it is going to be hard to go back to playing the One version, where I definitely experienced dips in frame rate.

So yeah as I posted above, the area I was questioning if one could get in to, I did so almost instantly on the PC. I do believe that the better performance does have a little to do with it as well. I am just that much more precise thanks to the extra performance of the PC.

Really is a damn good game. Completely and utterly satisfied with my purchase already and I put a good 5 or so hours into playing today. Looking forward to getting some new Corebots. No doubt.

Played about at least another hour or two since I last posted. Did that pretty much mandatory traversal dungeon to get a Prismacore to open the gate to The Cradle, which I did, and I think I can confidently say I will never, ever, complete it under the time they give, unless of course they update the jumping, which it seems as if they do and I just have not gotten it yet.

Which leads me to another question. The first traversal area I came upon I could not get to a specific area in it*. Is that because I need to upgrade my jump itself?

*If you bring up the map the area I am speaking of is at the bottom and far left of the Lonely Basin area. According to my legend there is a traversal dungeon there but I have not found it yet. In this area on the ground, you fought 2 yellow enemies, 3 red enemies, and then about 4 blue ones once you extracted a core from some piece of metal, and if you beat the blue enemies (which I did), you get a prismacore from said medal. There are also black spike like platforms. The building in the middle of that area, which is where the legend shows a Traversal Dungeon, can you get to the top of that building and I am just missing how to do so? Or is it impossible right now until I upgrade something?

I spent way too much time there trying to get to the top of the building and failed to do so. Any help is appreciated as to how one gets to the traversal dungeon there.

Oh I might add, I am still enjoying the game right now. It is a tad repetitive but right now, it is nothing that is turning me off from continuing to play.
Try dashing out a platform instead of jumping. Then you will be able to double jump and dash again, which makes the runs much easier to get in time.

As for that area on top I think you need another frame/robot to reach those.

blakep267

Had to return some stuff at Walmart so I figured why not pick it up. Ending up getting it for $20. Fun game. I may have watched a little too much streams and videos leading up to release. I think it would be a fun handheld game. Pick it up here and there and grind out a dungeon etc

I figure I'll be able to beat it in plenty of enough time that I can get a good trade in value for it at GameStop and have time to put it towards forza or gears

So I'm at the point where I'm hitting my first locked doors and it's telling me about switching to the red affinity, but it, like, totally does not let me do so?

9RyjS7s.jpg

It keeps telling me to hit right on my dpad, but that doesn't change anything, still firing white. I've backtracked as far as I can and I can't find something I missed, and I quit and reloaded in case it was a glitch but I haven't triggered anything different.

Am I just missing something blindingly obvious?

Zafir

So I'm at the point where I'm hitting my first locked doors and it's telling me about switching to the red affinity, but it, like, totally does not let me do so?

It keeps telling me to hit right on my dpad, but that doesn't change anything, still firing white. I've backtracked as far as I can and I can't find something I missed, and I quit and reloaded in case it was a glitch but I haven't triggered anything different.

Am I just missing something blindingly obvious?

There's a chest in that room with an upgrade in that you've missed. From the angle of that screenshot, it's behind.

About an hour in. I really like the platforming and Mack. Looking forward to the other robots. Them having their own language I can't understand is cool. Reminds me of R2 and Luke. :) Don't like the constant lock on but the jumping and dashing sorta kinda makes it ok. Graphics aren't great but that doesn't bother me.

There's a chest in that room with an upgrade in that you've missed. From the angle of that screenshot, it's behind.

Thanks! I'll check it out again. The first time I got into that room (I think it's labeled as a weapon cache?) nothing was really there, just a few of the normal collectibles, but when I tried approaching it again today it triggered an encounter. Maybe the upgrade didn't spawn in the first time around or something.

Zafir

Thanks! I'll check it out again. The first time I got into that room (I think it's labeled as a weapon cache?) it didn't trigger an encounter as it seemed to when I tried again today, so maybe the upgrade just didn't spawn in correctly or something.

Might have bugged then I guess.

I went over there, got it from the chest and the enemies spawned when I started to run back over to the door.

Vee_One

Updating to Windows Anniversary fixed my issues
Thanks for the help
Really enjoying this game. I don't think it's an amazing game or anything but something about it is really scratching an itch and it's really satisfying

RoKKeR

So, how's the story in this game? Joe Staten being on it is a huge draw, but I haven't seen much of it discussed. Does it take a backseat to the gameplay?

Menitta

I don't know if I did something wrong but I did not like that first boss at all. It had minions and I tried grabbing the core countless times and failed, only to have it regen health. Also the camera would freak out if it got too close.

The game is really pretty on a vivid TV setting.

Just had joule get stuck on geometry and had to back out.
Other than that smooth sailing on PC.
Loving the game and glad I went with my gut on this one

MaulerX

So I started playing on my XB1S earlier in the day and was having some decent fun with it. Then later in the day I wanted to play some more but my wife and kids had it hogged up playing something else. I remembered about the play-anywhere and went downstairs to play on my PC. The game booted to exactly where I had left of on the XB1S. Fucking awesome. People like to say what's the point of having an Xbox if you can play the games on PC, but for me, this feature is a Godsend.

Grisby

Made it to Pylon 512, which I think is the first proper dungeon. Man, a lot of feelings coming through in just that short amount of time.

Gameplay wise, everything is still super simple. I think the easy lock firing mechanic allows for things to get more hectic. I already like the idea/loop of taking down an enemy's shield with a power up shot and having Mack perform a coup de grace (satisfying) or attempting to pull the enemy core out (which has it's on little push/pull deal).

Jumping and dashing feels good. It's not very impressive animation wise but it gets the job done. I also like the little sand disturbance that you cause when boosting over the open plains.

Texture detail is rough, but I feel like they convey a nice sense of scale and the yellow/blue color schemes are pleasing. Mack is super animated and I've already really taken a shine to him. Joule seems great in that she's not too upset about her situation. Not super brooding or anything. It's light.

Loading times when starting the game were long. We'll see how that goes. Framerate has been better than I was expecting so far on Xbox.

It feels very much like the first few scenes in the new star wars movie coupled with Lost Planet. Good stuff.

Hilarious stuff.
Er, that seems like a big bug or something. Didn't have that happen on the X1.
Protip: Dash off ledge, you can double jump and dash again if you do so. Also, the arrows on the platforms try to tell you to dash off of it to make it easier. I've watched streams where people did not notice that.
Big ups bro. This got me a chest in that first area. Thanks!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Strangely, the Mad Max comparisons have me interested in this, despite them being used as a negative. I loved that game, and exploring for the sake of it.

Momentary

Banned
This game was awesome until I walked away and my PC went to sleep when and shut the game down. I had just completed an obejective. The I retained the core from the mission, but it's still saying that I need to extract the core which I already did. The little bots to unlock the core also disappeared too. I can't continue with the game now lol.

Edit: found out that the game has a glitch that uses old waypoints

Xumbrega

Banned
Man a more polished sequel of Recore could be insane, there's so much potential in this game.

I hope we can see a sequel!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Strangely, the Mad Max comparisons have me interested in this, despite them being used as a negative. I loved that game, and exploring for the sake of it.
To me it actually feels more like RotTR in world building, semi open world and dungeons with treasures.

Ive not had any issues with platforming yet but I'm only about 3 hours in or something, the game seems to have you backtrack to do everything, there are some caves that seems to be unable to reach right now.

GKFinns

I picked up the game today on Xbox One, but I think I am going to hold off on actually playing it until another patch hits the console version and hopefully fixes some of the technical issues.

To me it actually feels more like RotTR in world building, semi open world and dungeons with treasures.

Ive not had any issues with platforming yet but I'm only about 3 hours in or something, the game seems to have you backtrack to do everything, there are some caves that seems to be unable to reach right now.
That's a great comparison, the layout and design is quite similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider, with the semi-open connected hubs with multiple fast travel points and small dungeons with treasure. Hell, there is even a lot of rope pulling in both games!

gnexus

I forgot I had some Microsoft credit from when they refunded me after announcing the closing down of Xbox Fitness. I bought a couple programs through that. The game was technically free for me.. and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Runs very smoothly on 1440p with everything maxed out on my Titan X. Also, this is my first Windows 10 game from the Windows store.. can't wait to try out the play anywhere feature later. I'll probably end up pre-ordering FH3 if it's as seemless and awesome as others make it out to be

I'm loving this game so far!! Not sure what some of the reviewers were on when they played through this, because they obviously had a bad trip. One of the most fun games I've played this generation so far.

game is good so far but lots of glitches/bugs. i kept falling through the floor against the first boss. then in the next area the dog just stopped responding to me and wouldn't move so i had to quit out and reload :/

About 4 hours in now and I feel the game is getting better rather than tired. I guess it's just my type of game. The platforming is a real winner in this game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
That's a great comparison, the layout and design is quite similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider, with the semi-open connected hubs with multiple fast travel points and small dungeons with treasure. Hell, there is even a lot of rope pulling in both games!
Within the first hour I was like "So it is like a futuristic RotTR with GTA aiming style".

It really feels great. I've not tried a controller but the KB/M controls seems to do pretty great.
Yeah these PC screenshots have sold me on the game, should look great on my 1070.
There defiantly are some rough textures every now and then, but so far it's pretty great and it fits the style of the game + that sand visual as you boost across the surface is amazing
It's too bad you can't turn off the HUD.

recore9_13_201611_57_ikp4x.png
Yeah the objective thing is ruining it :(
Does this game support 21:9 im considering buying it.
There does not seem to be 21:9 support.
http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=31476

Top Bottom