• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

NeoRaider

This game is so good with KB/M

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_05_033sip.png[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_08_0qxs23.png[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_16_444st0.png[/IMG]

It looks very good on PC. Thanks for the screens.

DirtyLarry

I also concur being able to add a custom Waypoint would have been nice.

I also do not know why in this day and age I need to hold X for a few seconds instead of just pressing it. That is just a little personal gripe though and is not a deal breaker or anything along those lines, I just have found myself pressing X only to have nothing happen, and it turns out I need to hold X.

I am past that first Pylon or whatever it is called. Enjoying it so far. With that said I can see it getting to a repetitive place pretty quick based on the two hours or so I have played so far. Hoping they introduce a new mechanic or something pretty soon.

Zedox

I also concur being able to add a custom Waypoint would have been nice.

I also do not know why in this day and age I need to hold X for a few seconds instead of just pressing it. That is just a little personal gripe though and is not a deal breaker or anything along those lines, I just have found myself pressing X only to have nothing happen, and it turns out I need to hold X.

I am past that first Pylon or whatever it is called. Enjoying it so far. With that said I can see it getting to a repetitive place pretty quick based on the two hours or so I have played so far. Hoping they introduce a new mechanic or something pretty soon.

From what I've seen (since I'm at work and won't be able to play till later today)...you don't personally get new moves. You get more frames (floating) that help you out but the basic fighting is the same throughout.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Some of the texture work is poor but others look really good.

Overall with 3 hours in, stable frame rate, 4K DSR - Ultra with AA turned down and shadows (one step down, AA x8 - shadows high) and only ~10-15sec loading between areas on an SSD. I went out of bounds to see death loading and its about the same if not slightly shorter.

I've been posting more images in the PC Screenshot thread, all from the first few hours so not really spoilery outside the missions objective.
Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20168_05_2mjjtt.png[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20167_03_067kaa.png[/IMG]

Nia

I did the Windows update and it worked. I couldn't get to the game page on the store before. Installing the game now.

Vic_Viper

Where is a good place to save the game other than relying on checkpoints that I never seem to get notified about? Need to adjust the graphics settings for the PC version and I'm not sure where to stop and mess with it. Just got to the landing craft(?) after the first little dungeon/tutorial area.

Anyone here using a gtx 950 and want to share their settings with me? Wish Microsoft would allow their games to be part of Nvidia's GeForce Experiance. Makes adjusting games so much easier.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Where is a good place to save the game other than relying on checkpoints that I never seem to get notified about? Need to adjust the graphics settings for the PC version and I'm not sure where to stop and mess with it. Just got to the landing craft(?) after the first little dungeon/tutorial area.

I've found that it saves either when you do a objective like collecting the door bots to open them, transition between zone, talking to fast travel lady and those things.

I do believe it saves at random times as well, after/during combat and such too but I've not died only reloaded once from those as I fell through the map :p

Zedox

Shouldn't there be a PC Performance thread? Just saying, there's some good things and a couple bad things that I've seen around the net (overall good from what I see).

malcher

Two questions to the PC folks playing the digital version:
- do you have to log in to Windows with the MS account? Or is it enough to login with local account and then sign in to Xbox app (and/or game) with separate MS account that I bought the game with?
- can you play it offline?

So I ran into a miniboss in The Craddle that gave me a prismcore but it left me curious: will that core be lost forever if you destroyed the bot without the extraction?

Zedox

- do you have to log in to Windows with the MS account? Or is it enough to login with local account and then sign in to Xbox app (and/or game) with separate MS account that I bought the game with?

You can login with your local account and log into the game with ur MS account.
You should be able to play online, but I haven't heard of a verification.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You only need to log in to you Xbox account, its the only thing I have open and its not starting the store (launch game from Xbox app)

No, I put my PC in airplane mode and the game wont start from the menu and it wont load Xbox App or Store without a internet connection as I need to Log-In. However if you Log-In and start the game you should be fine to disconnect.
So I ran into a miniboss in The Craddle that gave me a prismcore but it left me curious: will that core be lost forever if you destroyed the bot without the extraction?

I think Prismcores drop no matter what. Since you need X to open some areas.
Does the collector's edition also come with a PC download code/Steam code?

Game is not on Steam, only Digital support Cross-Purchase. I don't know if the Collector Edition for PC is a thing, but for Xbox its most likely a disc and if you're lucky a code to activate cross-purchase. But no, I don't know for sure.

Theorry

Shouldn't there be a PC Performance thread? Just saying, there's some good things and a couple bad things that I've seen around the net (overall good from what I see).

Yeah curious overall. Especially because this game also kicks off Play Anywhere and probably is the first one released with PC in mind.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Here's how the Video Settings screen looks for me, at least. Runs solid locked with 4K - 8xAA and High SR

FPS goes from 30 > 60 > Maximum
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20169_32_1y6skx.png[/IMG]
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20169_32_24rsng.png[/IMG]

Zedox

You only need to log in to you Xbox account, its the only thing I have open and its not starting the store (launch game from Xbox app)

No, I put my PC in airplane mode and the game wont start from the menu and it wont load Xbox App or Store without a internet connection as I need to Log-In. However if you Log-In and start the game you should be fine to disconnect.

Seems to me that a developer didn't do a good job if there's no offline mode. You should save a file and then sync up when you log back online. Shame, but fixable.

Yeah curious overall. Especially because this game also kicks off Play Anywhere and probably is the first one released with PC in mind.

Yea, so far it's another game that isn't bad from UWP. A solid port but it will be helpful to have a thread to answer questions that people ask.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Seems to me that a developer didn't do a good job if there's no offline mode. You should save a file and then sync up when you log back online. Shame, but fixable.

Yea, so far it's another game that isn't bad from UWP. A solid port but it will be helpful to have a thread to answer questions that people ask.
Well I don't think its a issue with the game devs, since the game seem to "sync" the game license to your Xbox account, and unless you log in with it the app wont open. (It didn't throw me out once I was already logged in).

But my PC is not signed in to via my Xbox account (Microsoft Account), which I'm sure you can do. Might work at that point.

UWP in my experience, GoW and ReCore seems very good performance wise (GoW was all over the place sometimes). Its fast to boot, short loading, very quick alt-tab.

Overall a very cool experience. With some more fixes and proper support (maybe not lock everything at a OS level damnit) it would greatly improve.

I have a very moderate rig (2 GB 680m, i7-37xx, 8GB) and it seems well optimized to me. I run 1080p mostly high and the framerate seems solid and it looks and runs better than the XB1 version. Can't speak to high-end performance of course.

If you're offline on the Xbox it won't play any digital games, I think it's just a licensing issue.

Tecnniqe

Banned
If you're offline on the Xbox it won't play any digital games, I think it's just a licensing issue.

At least on the PC this seems to be the case. As both Xbox app and Store refuse to load in airplane mode + clicking the app from the start menu does nothing unless signed in to either of those.

As for the home console, I couldn't tell.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
At least on the PC this seems to be the case. As both Xbox app and Store refuse to load in airplane mode + clicking the app from the start menu does nothing unless signed in to either of those.

As for the home console, I couldn't tell.

Yeah, must be a PC thing. I really don't know how offline gaming works for the Xbox on Windows 10 games.

Tecnniqe

Banned

tumblr_naitnsFSDe1sd5i8po1_400.gif

Maffis

I'm guessing it's not possible to trick the windows store into letting me play early if I'm European? Tried changing region settings and using a VPN but that didn't work.

Jawmuncher

Enjoyed what I played so far. I have a feeling i'll probably side with Jim on this one, and come back with the biggest complaint of padding/backtracking.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm guessing it's not possible to trick the windows store into letting me play early if I'm European? Tried changing region settings and using a VPN but that didn't work.

I think the store region and system region need to match (maybe even payment? have you already purchased it?). However I have not tried "tricking" it.

Theorry

The game checks on wich store you bought. So if you are from the EU but you bought it on the US store. It will unlock at US time and date. :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
The game checks on wich store you bought. So if you are from the EU but you bought it on the US store. It will unlock at US time and date. :)

Ahh. Just wait for them to have some insane "Are you American tho?" checks :p

If it fails purchase $40 gift card for XBL and redeem it and purchase with that. Should work.

Theorry

Ahh. Just wait for them to have some insane "Are you American tho?" checks :p

If it fails purchase $40 gift card for XBL and redeem it and purchase with that. Should work.

Well its working since the Xbox One released. So i guess they are fine with it haha.

Zedox

Now that I have Killer Instinct, used the preorder bonus for Quantum Break, and now ReCore...I wish all games were Xbox Play Anywhere, and I need to upgrade my computer majorly (I can't wait till after this wedding...).

Theorry

Well its their title so they probably don't give a shit as long as people purchase it :D haha.

Thats my guess. Its fine with other games also.
Sure its abit of grey zone overall and they removed direct paypal purchase a while ago. Guess paypal didnt really liked it. But the gift card trick works for years now and they probably make more money still then selling a retail discs.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Thats my guess. Its fine with other games also.
Sure its abit of grey zone overall and they removed direct paypal purchase a while ago. Guess paypal didnt really liked it. But the gift card trick works for years now and they probably make more money still then selling a retail discs.

Well also take into considerations you always pay a bit more when using gift cards.
$39.99 turn into $40 flat without taxes

I think at $90 it jumps from $1 to $5 increments.

It's a system that works well so I'm glad its there for everyone to use :)

Now to consider that $100 GoW4 edition
tumblr_inline_mj4ao7kW001qz4rgp.gif

derFeef

I am getting heavy Enslaved vibes with this. I really dig it, but it has problems for sure. Something really appeals to me with this game. It's not that the machics are super slick, but the sum of the many great ideas are working for me and even if that grind barrier comes up eventually, I was having a good time for sure.

DirtyLarry

Played about at least another hour or two since I last posted. Did that pretty much mandatory traversal dungeon to get a Prismacore to open the gate to The Cradle, which I did, and I think I can confidently say I will never, ever, complete it under the time they give, unless of course they update the jumping, which it seems as if they do and I just have not gotten it yet.

Which leads me to another question. The first traversal area I came upon I could not get to a specific area in it*. Is that because I need to upgrade my jump itself?

*If you bring up the map the area I am speaking of is at the bottom and far left of the Lonely Basin area. According to my legend there is a traversal dungeon there but I have not found it yet. In this area on the ground, you fought 2 yellow enemies, 3 red enemies, and then about 4 blue ones once you extracted a core from some piece of metal, and if you beat the blue enemies (which I did), you get a prismacore from said medal. There are also black spike like platforms. The building in the middle of that area, which is where the legend shows a Traversal Dungeon, can you get to the top of that building and I am just missing how to do so? Or is it impossible right now until I upgrade something?

I spent way too much time there trying to get to the top of the building and failed to do so. Any help is appreciated as to how one gets to the traversal dungeon there.

Oh I might add, I am still enjoying the game right now. It is a tad repetitive but right now, it is nothing that is turning me off from continuing to play.

Zedox

If anyone wants to, im streaming it. Twitch.tv/zedox

Im on my way to get Seth. Im gonna try to get him and Duncan and then go to explore dungeons.

Top Bottom