• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

Just beat the first boss. Controls are tight and game looks great on my xb1s and 4k TV. Really liking this. Money well spent so far.

is the framerate really bothering you?
im getting it physical so no free PC copy but if the framerate is bad im considering returning it instead for digital copies of both since PC runs better

jond76

Banned
Played about an hour and had a lot of fun! Controls are good and there seems to be a pretty deep gameplay system in place. Blueprints for your corebots and such.

I'm digging it. Looking forward to putting more time it.

One full hour played, and I gotta say I'm pretty happy with it! Reviews had me sweating, but I already paid for it and had it digital ready to go. My general feel is that it reminds of me of the first entry in many other series that were just average; InFamous and uncharted come to mind, even sunset overdrive.

Game is a little janky, FPS doesn't hold and while the art style is nice and the atmosphere and world are great, the graphics aren't top tier. Oh and Bloodborne tier loading screens, athough at least I'm not dying on the regular. The game is fun! The combat is simple but fluid, instant extractions are neat, Mack does heavy damage, I like it. And Joule is probably one of my favorite character designs this gen so far.

I definitely want to get back to it, and I would love to see this game expanded upon in a sequel. Really bring out that slightly akin to Zelda dungeon puzzle design. ReCore is enjoyable, at $40 I feel like I had a good purchase so far.

Corpekata

Banned
Downsampling.

Tried downsampling at 4K and the framerate is around 80-105. The game looks great aesthetically and the gameplay doesn't feel to shabby so far. The load times are also pretty damn fast.

What are you you using to determine FPS? Thought overlays were still borked with UWP.

is the framerate really bothering you?
im getting it physical so no free PC copy but if the framerate is bad im considering returning it instead for digital copies of both since PC runs better
It's not bothering me at all. It's been a fairly smooth ride so far. I bought it digitally. Going to try the PC version tomorrow.

Coolade

Just purchased it, the game does not currently support ultra wide 21:9 for the few that care. Hoping that changes someday but it's probably not likely.

Game thought I wanted to change my profile and made me exit back to the main screen for some reason when I canceled the action.

Other than that it run pretty damn good. Playing it at 5K maxed @ around 65~72 FPS. Reloaded back into the game in less than 10 seconds.

29565751051_0faccac983_o.png

Looks nice, more please. :D

Watching a stream and this game looks like something I wish there were more of. It looks like... a videogame. If that makes sense. Not really.

Definitely feels like an older-gen 3D game, like an OG Xbox game. Audio glitches and the long-ish loading times are the only real problems I feel very early into it. I like it, but I hope it ramps up in complexity.

leng jai

I wonder if the PC fixes most of the technical issues and jank all the reviews are docking it for. The Xbone version sounds terrible.

everyone on physical x1 copies
tell me of your fps experiences so far

Seems 30 ish with some dips here and there. Still early though. Man, this game just feels good to play. Just opened up the world so I can explore side stuff. Got my dog upgraded, and ready to set out on Dat exploration. Worst thing is the loading but so far it hasn't been super intrusive yet. With long moments of gameplay in between.

everyone on physical x1 copies
tell me of your fps experiences so far

Just watched my brother play the first section, it's not a locked 30 by any stretch but I didn't spot any egregious frame drops. Couple of loading screens which were 45-60 seconds, shadows pop in at a stupidly close distance. Base Xbone on an external passport drive.

Other than that the game looks quite pretty at times and he thought it was quite fun.

EDIT: Sorry, it's a digital copy not physical.

I wonder if the PC fixes most of the technical issues and jank all the reviews are docking it for. The Xbone version sounds terrible.

It doesn't fix the jank in the animations or anything.. but the load times are considerably shorter.. and the performance is far, far better from what I've seen so far.

I died and it took about 10-12 seconds to reload.. all of my loads have been under 15 seconds so far on PC. (SSD)

Nydius

Definitely feels like an older-gen 3D game, like an OG Xbox game.

Haven't played it, just watched lots of streams of others and it definitely gives me a lot of old "Metal Arms: Glitch in the System" vibes. I have to agree with Patrick Klepek's tweet about being the "most PS2 video game" in years. Part of that makes me want to play it but part of that also makes me want to avoid it because I've already played the ever living shit out of similar type games.

MELLO FACTS
on Xbox One Digital

After about 4 hours and 2 dungeons:

-Game looks alright
-Some textures you start scratchin ya head
-Gameplay is tight
-Muisc is good
-Feels like a game (ie no silly canned animations for every single thing)
-Not megaman or metroid
-Familiar mechanics tho: Megaman X dash, Megaman Metroid: Charge Shot. Metroid Prime lock on-enemy combat, progression
-Load times are bullshit
-Needs polish it will probably never get
-Game is FUN

Teknoman

MELLO FACTS
on Xbox One Digital

After about 4 hours and 2 dungeons:

-Game looks alright
-Some textures you start scratchin ya head
-Gameplay is tight
-Muisc is good
-Feels like a game (ie no silly canned animations for every single thing)
-Not megaman or metroid
-Familiar mechanics tho: Megaman X dash, Megaman Metroid: Charge Shot. Metroid Prime lock on-enemy combat, progression
-Load times are bullshit
-Needs polish it will probably never get
-Game is FUN

Is it this generation's Lost Planet 1? Also any other game you can compare the music to?

Broritos

I'm going to blindly pick up this game and give it a shot. I've ignored all media about it. I didn't even read the OP.

Let's see what happens.

Wuiji

Played this for a little bit on Xbox One. Done the first 'level' and got back to the crawler, with some basic exploration. Loading times aside, I have zero other complaints. Noticed some shadows popping in, but that stuff doesn't really bother me, it's pretty minor. Controls feel nice and tight, I love the atmosphere and characters so far, it's fun to play and the movement feels solid and easy to get to grips with. It's quite fun to play.

I wish I could understand what Mack is saying though!

jimboton

Some of those reviews describe something of Banjo Kazooie meets Metroid Prime meets Lost Planet dream game but instead of 8+ they slap a 6 at the end because reasons (mainly lack of optimization on Xbox one and a spike of difficulty towards the end which frankly is another plus in my book). I don't get it. Years lamenting the death of the mid tier game and the exploration platformer and when one comes along it gets panned for being exactly that..

Just played it a bit on PC, despite the store saying it unlocks on Friday.

The loading times were absolutely horrific loading it up. It took me ages to get onto the set up menu, it went onto another loading screen. I alt tabbed and it crashed. Then I had to go through both loading screens again, and it must have been another 5-10mins if not more before I actually got to play..

Once I got into the game, it was pretty fun. Also ran fairly decent outside of some hitching at the start.
So it's already up in the Euro store? Or did you switch stores?

I'm new to the Windows Store with the exception of Quantum Break earlier this year, so I'm hoping I'm just being a moron here.

I pre-ordered this for PC on Amazon and went to redeem it at midnight (PST). It redeemed successfully and when I check the Microsoft.com store page for it it says "You own this", and when I check my profile-->my games on Xbox.com it shows up there. But I can't find any place to download it on either the Xbox app or the Windows store app. I've checked my games on the Xbox app and my library on widows store app and nothing is there.

Am I totally missing where I'm supposed to download from? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Keys

I'm new to the Windows Store with the exception of Quantum Break earlier this year, so I'm hoping I'm just being a moron here.

I pre-ordered this for PC on Amazon and went to redeem it at midnight (PST). It redeemed successfully and when I check the Microsoft.com store page for it it says "You own this", and when I check my profile-->my games on Xbox.com it shows up there. But I can't find any place to download it on either the Xbox app or the Windows store app. I've checked my games on the Xbox app and my library on widows store app and nothing is there.

Am I totally missing where I'm supposed to download from? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Type Recore in the search box of the windows store app, in the game page under you own this there should be the install button

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member

Do you have the anniversary update installed? I couldn't download until I did.

Loading times are 10-15 seconds for me on PC, the shadow pop problems are the same as xbone even on ultra settings but that's my only complaint after playing the opening section.

And yeah, make sure you have the anniversary update for windows 10. I kept getting an error page on the store until I installed the update,

Type Recore in the search box of the windows store app, in the game page under you own this there should be the install button

Just tried that and all I see under "you own this" is "May require certain hardware. See system requirements for details". No buttons or links to download at all. Wonder if maybe I just have to give it a bit and try later?

Decided to pick up the game on a whim to support the developers. Figured the gripes with the technical performance of the game will be mitigated by playing on PC! The game looks really cool, so I want to give it a go!

Ryzz

Neo Member
About an hour in and enjoying it so far! Game has minimal loading screens but the ones it does have aren't exactly short. Other than that having a blast.

Some of those reviews describe something of Banjo Kazooie meets Metroid Prime meets Lost Planet dream game but instead of 8+ they slap a 6 at the end because reasons (mainly lack of optimization on Xbox one and a spike of difficulty towards the end which frankly is another plus in my book). I don't get it. Years lamenting the death of the mid tier game and the exploration platformer and when one comes along it gets panned for being exactly that..

So it's already up in the Euro store? Or did you switch stores?
Which is why Im not sure why people trippin.. it got problem but damn we dont get any games like this anymore.

djpookie2000

Neo Member
Game is a lot of fun. I like the combat and the voice acting is good. Great game, especially for $40. Thank you MS. It's great to have a new character and environment to explorer.

Top Bottom