• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

I wub ReCore and demand a sequel. That's my thoughtful contribution ;) MS really do make weird decisions.

I love your contribution! ;) I think it might be my favorite, haha. It's definitely up there with these:
My art book arrived this afternoon!
Some neat character art, including an early Megaman-esque concept for Joule and a sexier exploration of Kai:
And some cut ideas, including an uprising of Violet-style corebots (led by Joule) and a scene where the reactivated terraforming equipment brings the land to life:

Both Violet bot uprising and terraformed Far Eden need to happen in ReCore 2. Oh man, ReCore 2 ignites my hopeful, optimistic, imagination-driven gamer brain. Just think how epic it could be. /wistful sigh

...a fully-cooked sequel could be immense...

Surprise of the year, this is. The platforming is such a joy, and I haven't seen collecting done this well since Psychonauts. I love it. :)

Man...remind me not to listen to anyone other than myself for my take on games, because last night I finally booted up Re-Core after picking it up for $15 on Black Friday, and it's genuinely one of the most charming old school platformers I've played in a while--right down to having to perform near perfectly timed jumps and dashes to hit secret spots. Would have loved this game during the PS2 era.

I like you.

Big fan of all the friendly posts, complete with [implicit/explicit] emojis! Our OT can be proud :)

Bessy67

So any word on when the DLC comes out other than "early 2017"? I picked up the game recently and I'm to the point where I just got Duncan, but I might hold off if the new corebot comes out in a week or two...

shingi70

Banned
I just started playing this after getting it for christmas. Really enjoying alot of open world Zelda and Metroid feels so far. I'm.on my way to what is assume is the 2nd dungeon.

Would love a sequel to this. Hopefully the game.did well enough to warrant one.

I had really been enjoying Recore up until Eden Tower forces you to grind out prismatic cores. The loading times and the time it takes to travel the world have really discouraged my desire to finish. I'm about the finish Floor 2 and I just don't know if I have it in me to keep going back and collecting more prismatic cores.

I had really been enjoying Recore up until Eden Tower forces you to grind out prismatic cores. The loading times and the time it takes to travel the world have really discouraged my desire to finish. I'm about the finish Floor 2 and I just don't know if I have it in me to keep going back and collecting more prismatic cores.

Definitely understandable! Not unlike Emiprime's situation, from last month.

While my earlier post post indicates that there might still be something worthwhile in the game, for folks in your situation, it's certainly clear that many players were turned off at exactly this point in the game.

Triz

Well this game surprised the hell out of me. I had played the Demo and new I liked what I played so I picked it up for about $15 at Christmas. Just finished it today with a playtime of about 21 hours (48 cores collected.)

This is my hidden gem of 2016. It is glitchy in some spots, even had to quit out at the last boss due to a glitch that wouldn't let me proceed. But I loved it.

Is it worth collecting the rest of the cores to get to the dungeon locked until you have 75?

Triz

Ironically this is about the time all the achievements in the game turned to the rare variety for my play through.

piggychan

those platforming elements can be tricky...

I can only play this game for a short while a day. But it's enjoyable.
CLdMQ3w.gif

Even months after putting this down I'm still thinking about it. I hope they didn't quietly cancel the update.
I'm still waiting for the update and the DLC to kick in to start playing this. I do hope we get some news soon.
Also, as a First Party game, do you guys think this will get some kind of Scorpio patch? (I've seen the game running on a PC and you can tell the difference of the Xbox one version)

PaulloDEC

I'm starting to wonder what could actually be in this patch. We know that there's a fully-playable T8NK dungeon in the game already, and it's been nearly six months since the game released and at least a couple of months since the last patch.

Either it's a very small team working on the update or they've got something more than the T8NK frame planned.

EmiPrime

If we were betting I really think it's evens on whether or not this patch has been cancelled.

We're 6 months after release, pretty much everyone who cared about this game has bought it and is finished with it. The addition of a new (cut) bot core and HDR isn't going to revitalise sales. This patch needed to come out shortly after launch (Nov-Dec at the latest) not at some indeterminate point in 2017 (Q2?) when everyone has moved on.

IMO this game has been poorly handled from start to finish and it deserved a lot better.

If we were betting I really think it's evens on whether or not this patch has been cancelled.

We're 6 months after release, pretty much everyone who cared about this game has bought it and is finished with it. The addition of a new (cut) bot core and HDR isn't going to revitalise sales. This patch needed to come out shortly after launch (Nov-Dec at the latest) not at some indeterminate point in 2017 (Q2?) when everyone has moved on.

IMO this game has been poorly handled from start to finish and it deserved a lot better.

Yup it has been really poorly handled, which is such a shame. :(

PaulloDEC

I wouldn't rule out cancellation. It'd suck, but it's a rough industry.

The official twitter was still saying "soon" as of the last day of Feb though, so fingers crossed things are still happening.

m23

Yep, this game deserved more of everything. More Dev time, more resources, more post launch support...

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Maybe the patch gets delayed to launch with Scorpio?

NeoRaider

Steam release soon??

EmiPrime

Wow, 5 people in a row quoted me and it wasn't to tell me I am wrong!

Yup it has been really poorly handled, which is such a shame. :(

Could have been the start of a great new franchise. :(

I wouldn't rule out cancellation. It'd suck, but it's a rough industry.

The official twitter was still saying "soon" as of the last day of Feb though, so fingers crossed things are still happening.

Yeah hopefully it's still happening and there's more to it than what's been announced, that would be nice.

Yep, this game deserved more of everything. More Dev time, more resources, more post launch support...

Preach it. Why spend only a small amount of money making a game that averages 6/10s at budget retail price when you have a game concept that is strong enough to be getting 9/10s and be sold at full price if given a "AAA" budget?

Microsoft once again showing it can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, as if MCC wasn't example enough.

Maybe the patch gets delayed to launch with Scorpio?

I don't think there would be anything to gain by doing that. I don't know if it will even get a Scorpio patch given how crap the post-launch support has been.

Steam release soon??

I don't see that happening.

That north west area is begging to be explored.

Hasn't it already all been explored?

They haven't fixed the issues from launch?

No. It's still well worth playing if you haven't already, just know what you are getting into.

Sydle

I'm not counting on it, but it would be cool if they had a decent expansion on top of fixing the technical issues. Maybe an area where some of the terraforming started so we get more than desert / wasteland and caves. I would prefer they leaned more heavily on exploration, discovery, and platforming since that's where the game shined the brightest.

I wouldn't mind more challenge dungeons, but I'd prefer they make each one shorter with a single theme. After going through 90+ shrines in Breath of the Wild, I think I vastly prefer the approach of a single-themed dungeon that takes a minute to 5 minutes to complete over one with multiple parts and objectives that may take hours to master.

Oh, and work in some kind of device where Joule can teleport in the bot she needs without having to return to the crawler, or set up more workbench sites throughout the world.

Every time someone asks on Twitter they keep saying they'll have something to say soon. So I'm going to assume it's not cancelled.

Oh good.

PaulloDEC

If anyone missed the thread, there's word floating around of a "Definitive Edition" of ReCore.

We also got a new tweet and a new piece of art from the official twitter account, as reported in that thread above:

They just tweeted out
We wanted to share that we continue to work on the T8-NK frame, HDR, and more exciting content for ReCore. Stay tuned, Far Eden Adventurers!

Edit, forgot to add what I think is a new bit of art?

C7jKrLeVUAAEE2W.jpg

Interesting that they've used a night-time scene for that piece of artwork; I wonder if that's something they're adding to the game? Would seem a bit weird to show it off like that otherwise.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Interesting that they've used a night-time scene for that piece of artwork; I wonder if that's something they're adding to the game? Would seem a bit weird to show it off like that otherwise.

Good point. That would be pretty cool if we get some time of day changes. I doubt they would add real-time lighting changes, but maybe a new section at night could happen.

Its dead, Jim.

It's surprising (and less than encouraging) that we haven't heard anything yet, but there is still some hope:

https://twitter.com/ReCoreGame/status/865689519890210816
3:03 PM - 19 May 2017
Definitely not dead! Thanks for your patience while the team continues to work on T8-NK, HDR and more content.​

https://twitter.com/ReCoreGame/status/865688757730549760
3:00 PM - 19 May 2017
Thanks for your patience. When we have more to announce, we'll be sharing it here. :)

Someone asked Shannon Loftis (GM, Microsoft Studios Publishing) about ReCore:
https://twitter.com/SUPERSONICW0LF/status/874801184120467457
6:30 PM - 13 Jun 2017
@shannonloftis Hey shannon, just wanted to know if @ReCoreGame can get a patch on the xbox one x, it's already 4k on PC.
The @ReCoreGame account responded, and Loftis retweeted the response:
https://twitter.com/ReCoreGame/status/875074565025562625
12:36 PM - 14 Jun 2017
Hey Ray, The team is working away with awesome updates for ReCore and we’ll have more to share in a few more months! Keep your eyes here.

PaulloDEC

A few more months? What are they doing to it?!

Seriously, a couple of months will put us pretty damn close to their one-year anniversary. There's going to be a lot (okay, like a handful) of really disappointed people if all we get is the fourth bot and a quality-of-life patch.

Yeah, just a bit surprised at the lack of formality/specificity in the answers being given at this point (given that the announced "early 2017" target has turned out to be so far off the mark), but these recent tweets about the "great stuff" and "awesome updates" that they're working on (and of course the retweet by Shannon Loftis) seem like potentially good news for folks who are especially looking forward to the "more content" part of "T8-NK, HDR and more content".

So I'm pretty happy that MS still seems committed in some measure to this title (also nice to see that both Loftis and Joe Staten still have ReCore art in their Twitter headers).

If I just picked up Duncan and entered the Shifting Sands - how much longer do I have to go until the end? 2-3 hours?

Thanks...I'm just wanting it to be over with now. :(

Teggy

You haven’t even entered the tower, which is a good chunk of the game. If you don’t like it you should just stop.

Big Nikus

I talked about it in another thread, I'm stuck in the tower and it seems to be a bug.
Here in the 2nd floor of the last dungeon : https://youtu.be/BNALHtj1hqI
I've fought ennemis in this arena and the walls aren't disappearing... I quit the game and reloaded, the ennemies aren't there anymore, and when I step on the platform to cross it, the walls come up and I'm stuck. There's no other path, and from what I've seen, I'm not the only one stuck in this area...
So... advice ? I'm screwed aren't I ? :(

Is Recore definitive edition that's physical in PAL territories the actual game with definitive edition content on disc as of release day?

I got 2 copies of recore but want a physical defintiive edition for the artwork.

Top Bottom