• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore PC performance thread

About to run the game for the first time. I don't appreciate having to install the Anniversary Update just to play this game. It's something no other game related service on PC makes you do

Well, shit.

I always bad luck with Unity titles on my PC. How's the frame-pacing here? Any weird stutters? Usually you can use external tools to improve this but since this is UWP...I'm wondering.

Was running very well on my 1070 but after like 30min the game just froze and turned into a literal slide show. 1 frame every 2-3 seconds. With super laggy controller inputs I went into settings and turned the game off. It's too late anyways, I'll deal with it tomorrow

Tecnniqe

Banned
Was running very well on my 1070 but after like 30min the game just froze and turned into a literal slide show. 1 frame every 2-3 seconds. With super laggy controller inputs I went into settings and turned the game off. It's too late anyways, I'll deal with it tomorrow
My game was running ~3 hours straight without your issue there

PaulloDEC

About to run the game for the first time. I don't appreciate having to install the Anniversary Update just to play this game. It's something no other game related service on PC makes you do

Tell me about it. The update kept failing mid-way through on my machine too, which took two days of troubleshooting to solve. All for one game.

MaLDo

Well, shit.

I always bad luck with Unity titles on my PC. How's the frame-pacing here? Any weird stutters? Usually you can use external tools to improve this but since this is UWP...I'm wondering.

UWP + Unity have to be some kind of final nemesis fusion in a superhero movie.

Isn't UWA just a hoot? Don't you love that feeling of a lack of control? Especially regarding a unity game.

Yeah, it sucks. No FPS programs and you can't add games to GeForce experience unless I'm missing something. Plus, files are really hard to find for the games. And why won't the Xbox / Windows 10 Store let me place my downloads where I want? I didn't see any options for that. Bleh.

I'm still going to buy Xbox Play Anywhere games, but MS limiting your options is not cool on PC.

Bravoexo

And why won't the Xbox / Windows 10 Store let me place my downloads where I want? I didn't see any options for that. Bleh.

You can 'Move' the game/app after installing it, at the App Page of the Control Panel
You can also change the default drive to where Apps are installed in the Storage Page of the Control Panel.

Lazaro

Isn't UWA just a hoot? Don't you love that feeling of a lack of control? Especially regarding a unity game.

There isn't anything stopping someone from writing a UWP Framerate analysis app, from what I understand.

UWP games and apps behave similar to OSX packaged applications... I think...

derFeef

i7 3770k @ 4.4
16GB
AMD R9 390
1440p

I am having weird slowdowns outside and sometimes inside of dungeons when I look at specific things, but not sure yet what exactly is causing it. The weird thing is, I can turn every setting down and still have it. But if I lower the resolution to 1080p everything is fine.

kubus

Just tried this on a radeon 6950 and I got pretty high fps even on the maximum settings at 1080p. Really surprised. The game seems to be optimized pretty well.

PaulloDEC

Core i7 3820 3.6ghz
Geforce GTX 970
12gb RAM

Playing at 1080p on my TV, things seem great. Not measuring FPS at the moment, but if it ever went below 60fps I didn't notice, and I'm usually pretty sensitive to that.

Not playing maxed out, but very close to it.

Worst part is the OS update they're forcing with this. It effects the entire computer for one game. I was excited to play XB1 exclusives on the PC but I really don't like having to install a buggy mess of an update just to play a game. Fuck that

If I want to play a game bad enough I'll pay $300 for an xb1 and keep my PC clean and away from this stuff. I have like cellphone provider ads and stuff In my programs files since I installed this update. MS has brought F2P to OS

Tecnniqe

Banned
Worst part is the OS update they're forcing with this. It effects the entire computer for one game. I was excited to play XB1 exclusives on the PC but I really don't like having to install a buggy mess of an update just to play a game. Fuck that

If I want to play a game bad enough I'll pay $300 for an xb1 and keep my PC clean and away from this stuff. I have like cellphone provider ads and stuff In my programs files since I installed this update. MS has brought F2P to OS
Cellphone ads? What?

Justinh

Dxtory and FRAPS aren't working for me - I'm trying to get my FPS to show up in-game.

I don't have a digital copy of Recore, so I can't see if this works, but I remember getting shadowplay to show the framerate if you played Killer Instinct windowed/maximized.

I don't know if this is still the case though, it's been like... half a year.

edit: doesn't seem to work for Minecraft. I don't have KI or QB installed anymore.

I do have to say that the whole release time experience for the win store was better than the usual steam pre-load/decrypt/unpack experience.

The clock hit midnight and I just launched the game.. and it worked.

Zedox

I would not support a Windows 10 store exclusive at all, but since upcoming Xbox One games are Play Anywhere and I've got a capable PC, I shall take them up on that offer.

And it's not like you have a choice if you buy the game digitally to say "no...", the license is still there. So anyone who really buys digitally is "helping" the Windows Store (as it's all one store) anyways. #shrug

fantomena

5820k 4,0 GHz OC'd
GTX 1080 Strix OC Edition
32 GB RAM
Got a 1080p60hz monitor.

What can I play it on? Will still probably wait for a Steam release. QB gave me hope.

5820k 4,0 GHz OC'd
GTX 1080 Strix OC Edition
32 GB RAM
Got a 1080p60hz monitor.

What can I play it on? Will still probably wait for a Steam release. QB gave me hope.

You can max it out all settings and play at 1080p/60hz, easily. My 1070 is playing this in native 4K with all settings at max, but my FPS seems to fluctuate around 50 to 60 FPS. I wish I could get an FPS program to work so I know what my averages really are. ShadowPlay, FRAPS and Dxtory are giving me no such luck.

Momentary

Banned
Anyone else having similar issues to me where the game runs at worse frame rates at 1440p than at 4k?

At 1440 I average around 80 while at 4k I average around 105.

At 2804x1577 the game runs at about 125~144fps. I wanted to play at my native resolution to bring it to a locked 144hz, but looks like that's not going to happen.

Cmagus

So I don't own an Xbox One but if I buy it through the windows store I can still download this on PC correct? Like I don't need to activate it or anything on an Xbox One first or something like that?

Zedox

So I don't own an Xbox One but if I buy it through the windows store I can still download this on PC correct? Like I don't need to activate it or anything on an Xbox One first or something like that?

That is correct. You buy once, and you get it everywhere it supports. You do not have to have an Xbox One at all. It is a license to say that you own this game on all the platform it supports. Make sure you have the Anniversary Update installed on your computer (winver in search box, verify 1607).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are wondering why the Anniversary Update is necessary for these games it is because of the merging of the Store. This is basically the "final" Store merge that they will have to do (everything else will be built out of it instead of tagging onto it as Xbox was). In order to get the cross-buy functionality, the stores needed to be merged so therefore ver 1607 is necessary. Hopefully that clarifies the reason why.

Anyone else having similar issues to me where the game runs at worse frame rates at 1440p than at 4k?

At 1440 I average around 80 while at 4k I average around 105.

At 2804x1577 the game runs at about 125~144fps. I wanted to play at my native resolution to bring it to a locked 144hz, but looks like that's not going to happen.

What are your specs? I didn't have a problem at 1440p when I was doing some testing on my 1070. I play in native 4K.

Apparently the game is running fine, at a solid 30fps, on my old gaming laptop. I won't complain, considering that my CPU is below what's required... My max resolution is probably my saving grace.

i5 3230 2.60 GHz
16GB Ram
GeForce 660m
1366 x 768

Apparently the game is running fine, at a solid 30fps, on my old gaming laptop. I won't complain, considering that my CPU is below what's required... My max resolution is probably my saving grace.

Just an FYI, if you really are CPU limited, your resolution should make next to no difference.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
tested it out on my Surface Pro 4 (4gb of ram). ran decently on low settings, playable but does slow down occasionally. Nice bonus since i didn't expect it to run that well anyway, the store says its not compatible. Love the intergration with the xbox controller, just had to hit the xbox button and i could record a clip (tried hey cortana, record that but i guess that doesnt' work on pc). Also nice that it is a modern app with Live Tile support etc... I'm liking the Xbox on Windows stuff that Microsoft is doing. Also noticed that the windows store now has the twitch streams and game clips like xbox, nice feature and funny (and probably smart) i can't review the game on my Surface in the store since it is below the min specs.

Anyway, been having fun with the game, will mostly play on the xbox but nice to have the option of playing it on the go on the surface if needed. (sadly my desktop gaming pc is down and out).

Momentary

Banned
I literally get worse frame rates at lower resolutions. I have to play at 4K to get about 110FPS and for it to remain stable.

I tried 1440p and 2804x1577, but they either get stuck at 70 or it fluctuates from 70-144.

There is some strange shit happening with this game. I hope there's an update for it.

luffeN

I play at 1440p and everything runs perfectly. Have an i5-6500k at 4,2 GHz and a GTX 1080. When I first started this game it was capped to 30 fps and I feared that this was the max! But luckily enough you can change that in the options menu. Cool game so far!

Dark-VIII

what setting should i choose for my system?

I7 6700K
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
16 GB ram 3200Mhz

i am trying it on 4k but i am getting frame drop every once in a while, specially in caves

Momentary

Banned
Hmm maybe it's GSYNC that is screwing stuff up for me since this is a UWP game. I'll turn it off. Frame rates shouldn't be this wonky with the hardware I'm using

Top Bottom