• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore ReView thread

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I am not surprised at all. Just like NMS - first party publishing it made everyone just assume it would be triple AAA quality-wise, add in a couple of devs who worked on Metroid a decade ago and enough for crazy expectations.

jonno394

Sounds good enough for me to buy, but not at launch. Will likely pick up in the new year.

Shame the windows store version won't be getting a price cut any time soon, whereas this will be in the retail bargain section/readily available cheaply on ebay within a couple of months!

Havik

Definitely gonna wait for a few patches before buying this game, hopefully it will also be cheaper by then.

hollomat

Banned
I really wanted this to do well - as an Xbox owner I'm jealous of the Sony first party titles (but buying a PS4 Slim to counter that soon...) and apart from Ori (which was amazing) xbox haven't had a big hitter for a long time. I miss Fable too.

Will still buy this - but gutted it isn't the release I hoped it would be.

What big first party title has come out for ps4 since bloodbornes?

Gravity Rush 2 and zero dawn look great but aren't coming out until December and February.

In the meantime Xbox has gears of war and forza horizon 3.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So it's a $39.99 just above average game for its time.

Alright, I'll bite and get it on the UWP.

ANYTHING BELOW A 7 IS BAD!!

I think its totally workable. But it feels like it was done late in the game. I mean you can actually feel the game. I discuss it in my review. Some areas look like GTA online hack maps with shit just floating in the air for you to use the 1 thing you just got to go there.
It all starts to lose its fiction and become JUST form. Its a bit painful
Huh that's really odd. I'll take a watch of the vid to see what you mean!

Theorry

I am not surprised at all. Just like NMS - first party publishing it made everyone just assume it would be triple AAA quality-wise, add in a couple of devs who worked on Metroid a decade ago and enough for crazy expectations.

Yet everyone knows its a 40 dollar game.

This isn't comparable to NMS in terms of over expectations (self caused by the developer, no less.)

black070

Gravity Rush 2 and zero dawn look great but aren't coming out until December and February.

Different strokes for different folks, and if you really want to compare - PS4 has World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Builders, Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian this year.

Yeah. Gamesradar comes with a article couple of weeks ago like its the Zelda of Xbox. And then in the review they give it a 2/5. I mean what to believe.
Well on the one hand, they're written by different people. David Houghton wrote that Zelda article, Sam Prell wrote the review. So different opinions.

This:
The kind of problems the game seems to have (pacing, padding), aren't that evident during a demo.
is also a good point as well. A very groomed and tidied demo at a tradeshow is different than playing the actual game in full.

Opencritic has the actual average right? It's somewhere around 72% iirc
Right between 71-72% I think.

Exactly what I expected from what I saw/played at E3, lots of 6 and some 7 at best.
I still don't understand how this game got very positive previews after E3, honestly.
Because it's a small 15 minute slice of gameplay from a dungeon? I mean most of the complaints here are about performance issues like long loading screens and bad pacing with the core fetch quests. How would anyone know any of those things after playing at E3? Come on

Because it's a small 15 minute slice of gameplay from a dungeon? I mean most of the complaints here are about performance issues like long loading screens and bad pacing with the core fetch quests. How would anyone know any of those things after playing at E3? Come on

True about the fetch quests but, surely someone died in those 15 minutes.

Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank and MLB The Show were all critical and commercial hits this year in Sony's first party.

Reading some of the reviews, I don't feel it warrants the scores it gave them, had this been either a more established IP or something coming from say Bioware, Bethesda etc then it would have scored higher. I pre-ordered before the reviews and and I'm still happy with the pre-order, looking forward to playing from Friday

Lol. You're criticising reviewers for giving the game lesser scores than it deserves even though you haven't played it yourself.

Dinjooh

Since bloodborne?

Off the top of my head: Until Dawn, MLB 16, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Alienation, and then there's this falls upcoming titles: World of Final Fantasy, The Last Guardian, Dragon Quest Builders and Gravity Rush 2.

RyudBoy

I'd probably enjoy this game. I just want to know how are the loading times with an SSD on PC since that's where I'll be playing it.

5487AEAC4B2B770010

a mid 60's? called it this morning.

shandy706

Sigh, thinking about it. I think I may send it back to Amazon when it gets here.

I'll play it if I ever hit a lull down the road. Forza Horizon 3 will be my game for a long time and I'll probably never finish Recore this year or ever if I open it now.

hollomat

Banned
Different strokes for different folks, and if you really want to compare - PS4 has World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Builders, Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian this year.

Forgot about world of final fantasy and dragon quest builders. I wasn't asking to say "Xbox is so much better". Was asking cause I own Xbox and ps4 and couldn't think of any ps4 exclusives apart from the ones I named. Also last guardian.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yet everyone knows its a 40 dollar game.

Sure, but the price point reveal came at a later point when they knew no one would care about this game at 60bucks. Its a solid price though, so i still hope it does well since its a new IP and they could improve stuff for a sequel.

This isn't comparable to NMS in terms of over expectations (self caused by the developer, no less.)

True, but the expectation were still quite high even though it never looked that great to begin with. MS publishing it made it sound like a bigger deal than it was.

Canceled my pre-order, still really want to play the game but I'm in no rush, if I give it a few months fingers crossed performance will be patched to some degree.

wrowa

Damn, I really hoped this would be Armature's breakthrough that leads to the studio being more than just a porthouse.

Dad

Destructoid said:
Then, once ReCore initiates its end-game events, the developers send you out into the open world several separate times to finish the story. Each trip requires finding five more Prismatic Cores, the game's most valuable collectible. Getting one Prismatic Core is a noteworthy event. Suddenly, ReCore wants you to find 40 of them total. It's a ridiculous number when you consider that the player was positioned to gather maybe 15 to 20 of them to that point, often through story events.

The game might be channeling Jet Force Gemini a little too strongly at this point

True, but the expectation were still quite high even though it never looked that great to begin with. MS publishing it made it sound like a bigger deal than it was.

Ah, I get what you mean. I think it has a nice look but, that's all I got from it personally.

Top Bottom