• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore ReView thread

My read of some of these reviews are:

This game could have used some of that design by subtraction.

Rather then filling it to the brim with stuff that detracts it from what makes it enjoyable.

Purest 78

And the quest of MS publish games first 90 this gen continue. Next up FH3, very high chance!

I think Forza will eventually get The Show Treatment. Although the games are at least the same quality or better scores keep dropping. It's the forth Forza game in 3 years fatigue can set in.

GHG

Ratchet and Clank was a fluke. It got the $40 price point to push the movie. I bet had there been no movie and it was just a reboot, it would have been 60 bucks.

Regardless that was a good game.

Fluke?

Insomniac have consistently pumped out quality games.

Ricker

Damn,well I hope this sells well enough just the same because I think Joule is a pretty cool new character and all and would like to see more of her...average around 70 is not so bad and everyone has a few good things to say about it,even with the flaws...let's see how it fairs with the impressions and discussions from the community on release and over the week.

Karak

I just bought it. Read some reviews and seems to be fine for $40 to me. I can live with the loading times and bugs as long as it's not game breaking. I'm liking the more oldschool aproach. Only thing i'm not liking is that it sounds like all the difficult platforming is at the end. I'm hoping the difficulty curve isn't too easy and then suddenly too hard. I hate those spikes in games and much rather have a smooth curve.

Anyway i can't wait untill tomorrow, i need a new game untill all the big hitters releases.

Also i'm not sure why some people expected an AAA game for $40. Seems to me it was always advertised as a AA game.

Ya not sure. I went into it at the 40 price point and it still disappointed in many ways.

Bravoexo

ReCore been spectacular to watch so far on someone else's yt channel. I know this game aint for me though ive got no platforming or grinding patience. But it sounds like it avoided Mass Effect multi version ending by how much you've grinded.. And giving us a one true ending.

black070

I just bought it. Read some reviews and seems to be fine for $40 to me. I can live with the loading times and bugs as long as it's not game breaking. I'm liking the more oldschool aproach. Only thing i'm not liking is that it sounds like all the difficult platforming is at the end. I'm hoping the difficulty curve isn't too easy and then suddenly too hard. I hate those spikes in games and much rather have a smooth curve.

Anyway i can't wait untill tomorrow, i need a new game untill all the big hitters releases.

Also i'm not sure why some people expected an AAA game for $40. Seems to me it was always advertised as a AA game.

Pricing shouldn't be indicative of that - see No Man's Sky ($60) and Ratchet & Clank ($40).

Jawmuncher

That makes no sense. They priced it at a level they were comfortable with. That's how it goes with any product.

Every other R&C game has been full priced from my recollection. The quality there was fit for a full priced game. I'm not saying cheaper games can't be of quality, but I stand by the reason we got a cheaper price was to promote the movie at the time. Since it is a tie into that.

Regardless, the game was good and the price made it even better. I'm not saying anything negative about the game.

SilentRob

In general theres a odd reception that if a game doesn't average 80 it's "bad". Dunno why that is. I blame it on how some review sites are kind of scaled if I had to guess.

I don't think you should blame it on the reviewers. The ones who actually think the game is bad are giving it a 3/10 or 4/10. The ones who give it a 6 or 7 are saying it's an enjoyable but (for some, deeply) flawed experience.

reKon

Banned
And this is one of the games that's been marketed as being one a part of the greatest game line up in Xbox history, home to the console with the "best exclusive blockbusters"...

I hate this marketing campaign and Microsoft shouldn't be advertising like this until their games are actually critically acclaimed. There's nothing wrong with saying that you have the best games, but they've doing this shit before the games are even released for mediocre titles such as Ryse.

Chrisdk

Ya not sure. I went into it at the 40 price point and it still disappointed in many ways.

I'm not saying that you can't be disappointed, but just that you can't be disappointed that it's not an AAA game. You can still be disappointed if you don't like the game though...

I hope Sea of thieves is received better, I'm bored of MS' big offerings. Sunset & Ori best games from them this gen, loved Sunset especially. Apologies if I'm wrong but have they had any retail offerings that have 90+ meta this gen? I know we shouldn't look too much into metacritic but many do, it does have a influence on success large or small.

Jawmuncher

I don't think you should blame it on the reviewers. The ones who actually think the game is bad are giving it a 3/10 or 4/10. The ones who give it a 6 or 7 are saying it's an enjoyable but (for some, deeply) flawed experience.

I'm not necessarily talking about Recore. I'm saying in a more broad sense of the industry. Though things have been getting better as of late.

pelican

I was expecting this to get mixed reviews.

Still plan on giving it a go as reviews might make interesting talking points, but never shape my purchasing decisions.

Surprised to see Destructoid listed - I thought it vanished ages ago.

rXzPyOY.jpg

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I predicted 71 at best. But expected many poor reviews. Everything I'm reading doesn't fill me with dread. I've never been bothered by fetch quests.

And this is one of the games that's been marketed as being one a part of the greatest game line up in Xbox history, home to the console with the "best exclusive blockbusters"...

I hate this marketing campaign and Microsoft shouldn't be advertising like this until their games are actually critically acclaimed. There's nothing wrong with saying that you have the best games, but they've doing this shit before the games are even released for mediocre titles such as Ryse.

Greenberg is shite IMO

I hope Sea of thieves is received better, I'm bored of MS' big offerings. Sunset & Ori best games from them this gen, loved Sunset especially. Apologies if I'm wrong but have they had any retail offerings that have 90+ meta this gen? I know we shouldn't look too much into metacritic but many do, it does have a influence on success large or small.

Not that I know of. Closest is Ori with a meta of 88. For me that doesn't matter, but I'm wondering if it bothers Xbox's upper management, especially when Nintendo and Sony have had multiple 90+ meta first party games this gen. Kind of flies in the face of the 'best games lineup' marketing line.

That said, of the games they have released, a lot of them have been fantastic so, I dunno *shrugs*.

omg.

Noobcraft

I predicted 71 at best. But expected many poor reviews. Everything I'm reading doesn't fill me with dread. I've never been bothered by fetch quests.
Fetch quests bring be back to GC era and Wind Waker lol. I actually didn't think of the triforce shard finding as a fetch quest until someone pointed it out to me.

Top Bottom