• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore T8NK Trailer

prudislav

Is it still Windows Store only on PC?
iirc yes ... but some of the 3rd party devs who have their games WinStore exclusive for now already confirmed there is some exclusivity time (iirc 6 months for Dead Rising 4, whch also fits what happened with Quantum Break) , so who knows ;-)

My experience with MS Store is "never ever again" , but would buy it on Steam/Uplay/Origin

Looks pretty cool and will make traveling the world quicker and more enjoyable. Still haven't finished the game yet and I think ill probably wait until this is out until I do.

Free is always a bonus :)

iBlue

WOOOAHH i am like an hour into ReCore will wait for this to drop. Now gonna erase my save data and start over again.

I'd wait if I were you, or start it now and stop playing when you reach the third big hub. That area would be far more tolerable if you could traverse it quickly.

That's literally where I was when this news came out. I decided to push further to the way point but actually got so much stuff that I had to throw something away and decided to just go back to the crawler.

Angelina

Banned
iirc yes ... but some of the 3rd party devs who have their games WinStore exclusive for now already confirmed there is some exclusivity time (iirc 6 months for Dead Rising 4, whch also fits what happened with Quantum Break) , so who knows ;-)

My experience with MS Store is "never ever again" , but would buy it on Steam/Uplay/Origin

Dead rising comes to steam in March so 3 months :p

I got ReCore on Black Friday and was quite a few hours into it when this news dropped, so I slowed down my progression (got up to Seth, have collected and grinded a lot) just in case this update would add some QOL improvements to the overall game, making for a better experience on my first (and likely only) playthrough. I haven't been popping into the game at all the past few weeks :/

I was thinking/hoping it'd be out in January too. I hope that whenever T8NK does drop that my decision to pause my playthrough turns out to be warranted by the additions being meaningful.

I got ReCore on Black Friday and was quite a few hours into it when this news dropped, so I slowed down my progression (got up to Seth, have collected and grinded a lot) just in case this update would add some QOL improvements to the overall game, making for a better experience on my first (and likely only) playthrough. I haven't been popping into the game at all the past few weeks :/

I was thinking/hoping it'd be out in January too. I hope that whenever T8NK does drop that my decision to pause my playthrough turns out to be warranted by the additions being meaningful.

As someone who stopped at the next corebot a vehicle corebot is worth it because the final major area that opens up is clearly intended to be fully explored with vehicle. Things are are spread out a lot.

Definitely interested in whether some meaningful content to play comes along with the tank. I found myself really wishing for something for something like it in the largest areas of the game but having done most of the content, I don't think I'd replay purely to experience crossing the desert faster haha. Some new areas and story content though to use it in would be great. They could definitely fix the areas they abandoned but I want some story incentive. Maybe something with
Kai, I think that's his name?

W.S.

I've pretty much done the same which is why I'm so antsy for the T8NK update to finally release.

Falchion

I bought this on sale last year but haven't gotten around to starting it yet. I think I'll keep waiting until this comes out.

MCD

Any ETA for this? Want to start playing this but rather wait for the full experience.

malfcn

Still waiting. June is surely considered summer, right? And early wouldn't come in the second half of a year, right?

Still waiting. June is surely considered summer, right? And early wouldn't come in the second half of a year, right?
I've been itching to play this, but stopped once I heard we'd be getting the T8NK bot in an update.

Maybe they misspoke and meant early 2018. 7 is right next to 8, after all.

BigPete

Maybe they'll release it during E3? One of those quick blasts with 'Available Now' at the end during their presentation. Or maybe they will release it along with a Scorpio performance update.

Maybe they'll release it during E3? One of those quick blasts with 'Available Now' at the end during their presentation. Or maybe they will release it along with a Scorpio performance update.

For the sake of MS and Xbox fans, let's hope this isn't the type of announcement they feel is needed for E3.

Shiggy

It's already done for a while but they are holding it back for the release of the Definitive Edition in the second half of this year.

NeoRaider

It's already done for a while but they are holding it back for the release of the Definitive Edition in the second half of this year.

That sucks for the ppl who pre-ordered or bought the game when it was released.

I wonder is DE coming to Steam. But i guess not.

Lucifon

I absolutely think this will be the case. Only a month away now and I'm pretty sure it's done. Would make sense as a throwaway gift and maybe even gives them some extra time to work on it.

Shiggy

Bear in mind, they had also promised an HDR patch for release before Christmas 2016, which still isn't here yet. They seemingly really want to relaunch the game, either for Gamepass, or more likely, for the Scorpio launch.

Let's see if the patch/DLC will be free for existing users.

Shiggy

C9Ur7OTUAAAd1VW.jpg

C9Ur9HfVYAACwVY.jpg

C9UsO5HVoAAW90g.jpg

C9UscKPVwAAsDl1.jpg

"Initial environment tests for Recore(code Kyoto)"
More: https://twitter.com/motorraccoon

"Mack and the other #ReCore robots (2013)"
https://twitter.com/CalumAWatt/status/786850287264882688

"Very early (2013) ReCore character designs and first appearance of Mack"
https://twitter.com/CalumAWatt/status/786485732609175552

Top Bottom