• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 1 Remaster references added to Rockstar Website

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I guess this confirms the rumours that they're putting out a remaster of this game, let's hope it's not complete dog shit like the GTA ones were, here they're at least competing with Backwards Compatibility on Xbox Series which runs the game at 4k/30/2xMSAA/16xAF on Series X.

Anything but it running in the RDR2 engine (or beyond) would be a huge disappointment for me.

All that money they rake in.

Anything but it running in the RDR2 engine (or beyond) would be a huge disappointment for me.

All that money they rake in.
It is a little strange because the Xbox version is running at 4K30 so for them this will likely just be an fps boost to 60. Whilst that’s obviously great, it would be good to see some other changes too and the inclusion of the expansion.

d84f840b-60e7-44fe-9c00-54612a092d17_text.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I mean logically it would be done in the RDR2 engine given the map is pretty much already in that 🤞
I don't hold my breath after the Trilogy shitshow, but would love to be pleasantly surprised.

We can't even get a 60fps patch with a resolution boost and 4K textures for the current gen machines on an almost 60m seller.

Why would you want it in an engine that basically tells you to get fucked in regards to respecting your time?
That's not an engine thing. Still one of my GOAT games, RDR2.

Last edited:

Södy

If they remade this with the RDR2 engine and release it on consoles only, I'd buy a PS5. If it's "just" a remaster, then I'll keep playing the 360 version on Xenia I guess. If it's on PC and a remake - day one.

rofif

Banned
I remember they lost the source code and builds or some shit (unimaginable in such a company) and remaster was never possible because of that

Del_X

I'm thinking this isn't gonna be a full-blown remaster (would love to be wrong). High res textures and a good GI update would be nice.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I remember they lost the source code and builds or some shit (unimaginable in such a company) and remaster was never possible because of that
I don't think the source code was lost, it was just supposedly held together by duct tape and a miracle that it even ran on the consoles, let alone trying to make a PC version after that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't want any of the gameplay changes from RDR2. I love it, but it gets so freaking tedious

Yes. RDR 2 is a sublime production but it's a slog to play. I want to be able to park my horse right over a dead animal to skip the skinning animation, thank you.

SCB3

Someone pointed out how linear and scripted the Missions are in RDR2, you really cannot deviate from what the game wants you to do and I can't look past how outdated that was, I loved my time in it though

Xtib81

Rockstar would shit the bed if it didn't run on rdr2's engine. But knowing them, it's gonna be higher res textures and better framerate and they'll call it a day.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
XkNWL9g.jpg

The only thing that makes me think that that shot is bullshit is that the GTAV re release/updated version for the current gen didnt get a "Remastered" added to it. It was the plain ol GTAV title. So what gives? What's the difference?

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
The only thing that makes me think that that shot is bullshit is that the GTAV re release/updated version for the current gen didnt get a "Remastered" added to it. It was the plain ol GTAV title. So what gives? What's the difference?
Because there were ready 2 version of gta5 and this being a lot older

Killer8

Age and relevance. GTAV is still being played (*milked) to this day and has been done for the better part of 10 years over 3 console generations. RDR1 hasn't been heard from since it released in 2010 apart from being added to Xbox backwards compatibility, which isn't quite the same as a proper remastering.

Cashon

Banned
I think that Red Dead Redemption 2 was the culmination of everything that games had been leading up to, at that time. One of the best games I've ever played, including the original.

That being said, I hope this is a remake of the first game, using the engine of the second game, but only with the first game's mechanics. I'd like it to be as faithful as possible, outside of visuals.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I think that Red Dead Redemption 2 was the culmination of everything that games had been leading up to, at that time. One of the best games I've ever played, including the original.

That being said, I hope this is a remake of the first game, using the engine of the second game, but only with the first game's mechanics. I'd like it to be as faithful as possible, outside of visuals.

Yeah I really hope they keep in all of the unskippable skinning and plant picking animations :messenger_smirking:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Day 1 if true. I’m skeptical that they’re doing anything that isnt GtA6 and more GTA online shit at this point. They’re becoming like activision or epic, a shitload of devs just turning the crank on their golden goose. Hard to blame them I guess but I miss rockstar when they were doing weird shit like Bully and The Warriors.

Top Bottom