• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 1 Remaster references added to Rockstar Website

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Day 1 if true. I’m skeptical that they’re doing anything that isnt GtA6 and more GTA online shit at this point. They’re becoming like activision or epic, a shitload of devs just turning the crank on their golden goose. Hard to blame them I guess but I miss rockstar when they were doing weird shit like Bully and The Warriors.

Never ever gonna happen now that Dan, Leslie and James Worral are all gone

You pretty much nailed my fears as well

MiguelItUp

Day 1 if true and if wonderful. Sucks that I can't feel confident about it, and HAVE to be reserved because of the performance of many games nowadays.

RDR1 is the pinnacle of Rockstar games. It's the perfect balance of simple good game design and just enough immersion and atmosphere to feel like you're drawn into this gaming world. The graphics in RDR2 are top notch but honestly who cares? Graphics are not the most important thing to making a game that's timeless.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
RDR1 is the pinnacle of Rockstar games. It's the perfect balance of simple good game design and just enough immersion and atmosphere to feel like you're drawn into this gaming world. The graphics in RDR2 are top notch but honestly who cares? Graphics are not the most important thing to making a game that's timeless.

You misspelled Max Payne 3 :messenger_smirking:

Cashon

Banned
Is this like RDR2 where you have to tap A to sprint? It’s not enough to make me not play the game but it is a gameplay choice that I don’t like.
Go to options and change it. If I remember correctly, first-person mode moves faster by default and you can change it to press a button to sprint.

IT'S BULLSHIT THAT RDR1 IS GETTING A REMASTER BEFORE RDR2 GETS A 60 FPS PATCH!

FUCK THIS COMPANY A THOUSAND TIMES OVER

Seriously. Fuck Rockstar. Gta trilogy remaster is also garbage to this day. They havnt fixed the color grading or rediculous looking NPC's. Games don't feel like the games theyre supposed to be remastering but like a cheap lighting mod that changes the artstyle by one guy working from his basement.

RDR2 not getting a 60 fps patch is disgusting tho. They would rather make fans wait 5 years to replay this masterpiece in order to have a good gameplay experience so they can more easily charge us. RDR2 at 30 fps plays poorly due to the inherent lag in the game.

This is a prime example of a greedy company who doesn't give a shit about the people who've been buying their games. Think about it- they could still easily sell remasterd of RDR2 and still have given us a quick patch for 60 fps! Thats not asking too much at all.

Rac3r

Seriously. Fuck Rockstar. Gta trilogy remaster is also garbage to this day. They havnt fixed the color grading or rediculous looking NPC's. Games don't feel like the games theyre supposed to be remastering but like a cheap lighting mod that changes the artstyle by one guy working from his basement.

RDR2 not getting a 60 fps patch is disgusting tho. They would rather make fans wait 5 years to replay this masterpiece in order to have a good gameplay experience so they can more easily charge us. RDR2 at 30 fps plays poorly due to the inherent lag in the game.

This is a prime example of a greedy company who doesn't give a shit about the people who've been buying their games. Think about it- they could still easily sell remasterd of RDR2 and still have given us a quick patch for 60 fps! Thats not asking too much at all.

You're not wrong. At the very least they could've bundled RDR1 + RDR2 and sold it as a next-gen collection with updated performance. I don't see that taking much more effort than just porting RDR1.

Business

matt bomer sigh GIF

Area61

Even if it's dogshit like GTA remaster I'm still hyped. At least there will be a better option to play it on PC.

The only thing that makes me think that that shot is bullshit is that the GTAV re release/updated version for the current gen didnt get a "Remastered" added to it. It was the plain ol GTAV title. So what gives? What's the difference?

The newest version does have a special name. GTA V: Expanded and Enhanced Edition.

That’s the official name, I think.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Seems this may be coming to switch so its gonna be the gaming version of a rare steak, chop horns off wipe arse and serve. I think that seals the fate of it not being made in the RDR2 engine, I dont think many were expecting that anyway but we had dreams

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
I love these reprint runs they did, I tried to track GTA 4 too but couldn't find one for a decent price. Its the best way to own these old games that are BC imo.
I've been meaning to pick up those reprints they did from 360 for XB1, is there a list of those anywhere?

Sleepwalker

I've been meaning to pick up those reprints they did from 360 for XB1, is there a list of those anywhere?
Yeah, I found this on reddit a while back. Unsure if thats all of them though:

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed: Rogue

BioShock Infinite (thanks /u/Brandonh127)

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (thanks /u/Brandonh127)

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: World at War (thanks /u/XxDiddleMeThisxX)

Combo Pack: Call of Duty: Black Ops & Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Crysis 3 (thanks /u/Brandonh127)

Dead Space 3

DOOM 3: BFG Edition

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition

Far Cry 3 (thanks /u/XxDiddleMeThisxX)

Fight Night Champion

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (thanks /u/joecamnet)

LEGO Batman: The Videogame (thanks /u/XxDiddleMeThisxX)

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Complete Edition

Prince of Persia

Rage

Rayman Legends

Rayman Origins

Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Skate 3

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Sonic Unleashed (Europe Exclusive?)

Sonic Generations (Europe Exclusive?)

Tekken 6

UItra Street Fighter IV

DaGwaphics

Day 1 if true. I’m skeptical that they’re doing anything that isnt GtA6 and more GTA online shit at this point. They’re becoming like activision or epic, a shitload of devs just turning the crank on their golden goose. Hard to blame them I guess but I miss rockstar when they were doing weird shit like Bully and The Warriors.

It is unfortunate how much variety has been lost over the last 9 or 10 years.

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
Yeah, I found this on reddit a while back. Unsure if thats all of them though:

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed: Rogue

BioShock Infinite (thanks /u/Brandonh127)

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (thanks /u/Brandonh127)

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty: World at War (thanks /u/XxDiddleMeThisxX)

Combo Pack: Call of Duty: Black Ops & Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Crysis 3 (thanks /u/Brandonh127)

Dead Space 3

DOOM 3: BFG Edition

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition

Far Cry 3 (thanks /u/XxDiddleMeThisxX)

Fight Night Champion

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (thanks /u/joecamnet)

LEGO Batman: The Videogame (thanks /u/XxDiddleMeThisxX)

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Complete Edition

Prince of Persia

Rage

Rayman Legends

Rayman Origins

Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

Skate 3

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Sonic Unleashed (Europe Exclusive?)

Sonic Generations (Europe Exclusive?)

Tekken 6

UItra Street Fighter IV
Oh shit, thanks a bunch!

Hudo

Man, it really seems that Rockstar just keep doing Red Dead and GTA exclusively in the future. And since I really don't care for the Wild West as a setting, that only leaves GTA for me...where each entry takes like 10+ years to make.
I miss Midnight Club, Bully and even fucking Smuggler's Run.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
The game should be announced next friday around 9:31 AM.

And im pretty sure this is made by Groove Street Games.

Last edited:

Kabelly

Honestly, I have played this on PC at 80+ fps and I can tell you higher framerates doesn't fix the horrible animation control of Arthur.

I said the same when it launched and the same when I replayed, but I consider RDR2 to have probably the worst third person controls for a modern game. It's god damn beautiful though, but it doesn't excuse the amount of contextual prompts in the game that constantly distrupt the gameplay flow.

edit: also tying your weapon selection to the horse was never fun and in my opinion they went too far there in the "realism".

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Theres me hoping its a remake in the RDR2 engine, same mechanics, gunplay ect, now i read this and im feeling a Grove Street games type of treatment. If that trailer drops and I see that nasty ass looking graphic style from the GTA trilogy clusterfuck that last bit of my gamer heart is going to die.

Freeman76

Theres me hoping its a remake in the RDR2 engine, same mechanics, gunplay ect, now i read this and im feeling a Grove Street games type of treatment. If that trailer drops and I see that nasty ass looking graphic style from the GTA trilogy clusterfuck that last bit of my gamer heart is going to die.
If its releasing on switch thats exactly what its gonna be

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Never ever gonna happen now that Dan, Leslie and James Worral are all gone

You pretty much nailed my fears as well
Agreed, but getting the first RDR with updated graphics and (likely) playable on PC is a huige win. The modding community will tweak this.

It will most likely be a LA Noire level remaster as opposed to being built on the RDR2 engine which most of us where hoping for.

But...if I had to choose between a remastered version of RDR1 but keeps gameplay (a few QoL tweaks would be nice) OR RDR1 on RDR2 engine, but keeps the gameplay horse simulator feel, then my interest is minimal.

If this is Rockstars last hurrah, then so be it.!

Flabagast

Agreed, but getting the first RDR with updated graphics and (likely) playable on PC is a huige win. The modding community will tweak this.

It will most likely be a LA Noire level remaster as opposed to being built on the RDR2 engine which most of us where hoping for.

But...if I had to choose between a remastered version of RDR1 but keeps gameplay (a few QoL tweaks would be nice) OR RDR1 on RDR2 engine, but keeps the gameplay horse simulator feel, then my interest is minimal.

If this is Rockstars last hurrah, then so be it.!
LA Noire remaster was very good though (and it ran pretty well on switch)

Draugoth

Gold Member
Theres me hoping its a remake in the RDR2 engine,

The game would have to be mostly remade because it's on a different engine.

If its releasing on switch thats exactly what its gonna be

They will be extra careful after the Trilogy Edition Disaster.

This remastered will probably have effort put into it, otherwise people wont buy it.

So are we thinking current-gen only, or is this bad boy coming to Switch?

I’d buy it on Steam Deck over Switch, but can guarantee a decent audience on Switch would buy it, for sure.

Mr Branding

So are we thinking current-gen only, or is this bad boy coming to Switch?

I’d buy it on Steam Deck over Switch, but can guarantee a decent audience on Switch would buy it, for sure.
If it runs at least on par with the ps3 original version, this is a day 1 for me on Switch. I absolutely adore the game and would love to jump back portably.

Top Bottom