• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Hype Check

RDR2 Hype Check

• Pre-ordered

Votes: 45 30.8%
  • Day one

Votes: 39 26.7%
  • Eventually

Votes: 51 34.9%
  • Never

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
I'm super hyped for RDR2. I never had a PS3; I was a PC gamer for, well, decades, and had waited for a PC release of RDR which of course never came. I have a PS4 and now get to play RDR2 so I've already pre-ordered. I rarely pre-order games and this is the very first time I have ever pre-ordered a game weeks in advance of it coming out - when I do pre-order a game it is on the day of release after I have read reviews.

I have never felt betrayed by Rockstar and I doubt they will start producing terrible open world games starting with RDR2. Out of just about all developers Rockstar is one of the few that I have always felt (so far) that they completely deliver. The did so with GTA3, GTAIV, GTAV, (presumably with RDR1 but I wouldn't know as I didn't play it). Rockstar games are like my COD - I always buy their games when they come out and I am never disappointed...

Plus, the last good Western game I remember playing is Outlaws in the late '90s on PC. I *need* RDR2 in my life. I don't even care if the missions are crappy (although usually Rockstar nails main missions and storylines quite well) - if this is just a "outlaw riding around on a horse out in the old West" simulation then that's good enough for me! Even though I know I'll be getting much more.

Rockstar Games are still masters at crafting great games in my opinion. I can't say that about most developers anymore except for Atlus (at least the games they make - not always for the ones they produce) and one or two that I am either not thinking of or are unfamiliar with. Most of the "greats" (Looking Glass, Bioware, Bullfrog, LucasArts etc.) have either died out, were bought out by the twin Evils (EA and Activision), or are merely shells of their former selves. Most other developers I have to take a wait and see approach, even, hate to say it, Insomniac Games - even though Spider-man is Amazing (pun intended).

Boss Mog

I pre-ordered because I was able to get it very cheap. I wouldn't have done so otherwise. While I'm excited, I still think RDR1 was the most overrated game ever.

ebevan91

I'm hyped and I haven't even finished the previous game yet. I didn't start playing it until it became backwards compatible for the Xbox One and I only play in small bursts. I'm near the end though. In fact that game and a couple of others are the only reason why I still have my Xbox One.

Wish stores would start restocking the PS4 Pro...

Nymphae

Banned
Actually not very excited for it though I'm sure it will be good. The original's ending is one of the coolest videogame endings I've ever seen. I might crack once I see some gameplay footage, but for now I'm not in a hurry to pick it up.

Top Bottom