• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - New Screenshots

I trust in Rockstar, but I don't trust in their pre-release screenshots or trailer visuals.

That said, I actually restarted Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One last night. Looks good and runs very well. I don't remember it looking that clean in the past. Maybe just my good tv.

I have to disagree, there are several proof pictures that show Rockstar put out bullshot pictures, especially in the wood parts where they showed lots of vegetation

and also this:

Top is final game, bottom is from trailer

1375293223-4.png

LDATRm0.jpg

How about the PC version? Is it close to the pre-release quality? If so RDR2 will look amazing on PC, those screenshots look great.

opricnik

Banned
Sorry, but the bar was raised to an insanely high level with Horizon Zero Dawn. Rockstar has their work cut out for them.

Lol,no. Horizon is nice and cool but it doesnt even have detail quality of PS2 GTA games tbh. Let alone GTA V or Red Dead 2.

Rockstar's puts insane amount of details/time to their games not something Guerilla can afford.They make games in 2.5 year cycles while Rockstar 4-5

opricnik

Banned
Rockstar, I am so ready. We're definitely getting multiple protagonists. But I'm wondering if we'll finally get to customize our own character.

Customize meaning? you could buy costumes etc in RDR1. Sure you will able to buy hats , torso , horse skins etc

How about the PC version? Is it close to the pre-release quality? If so RDR2 will look amazing on PC, those screenshots look great.

No.Second one photo shopped to death with amazing lightning and bloom.

Madness

Can't wait to play the PC version in 2022.

I honestly wonder if they will do Xbox One S and PS4 versions, and then a solid PS4 Pro lead port. And then have a Scorpio/PC version which will slightly pretty up PS4 Pro version as a re-release or double dip. But delay could also mean a better refocus on PS4 Pro and Scorpio versions and paring down for PS4 and Xbox One S versions.

Alienous

Lol,no. Horizon is nice and cool but it doesnt even have detail quality of PS2 GTA games tbh. Let alone GTA V or Red Dead 2.

Rockstar's puts insane amount of details/time to their games not something Guerilla can afford.They make games in 2.5 year cycles while Rockstar 4-5

Hmm.

Breakage

Well, it's not stunning. I expected it to look better since this is supposed to be Rockstar's first real gen 8 game.

I agree with you, but ps2 gta? Cmon man..

This game ell be worth the wait for sure.

Elfstruck

You gave me a good laugh.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It looks incredible. It's all the more impressive considering how big the world's gonna be. I want this now

Blurry?

Sub 1080? What?

There's no aliasing in sight and the shots still look clear to me.

Looks good. Doesn't seem like it's going to win any best-looking-game-of-all-time awards but I'm excited for the PC version in 2020.

Fuck off with that shit.

I can't wait until I play this. I played RDR so much back during release.

I was expecting that visually it would be on par with the PS4/XB1 versions of GTA V.

Damn. The screens look really impressive.

Fingers crossed for a stable 30 fps.

Boke1879

Ignore this obvious bait yall.

opricnik

Banned
I was expecting that visually it would be on par with the PS4/XB1 versions of GTA V.

Damn. The screens look really impressive.

Fingers crossed for a stable 30 fps.

To be fair to GTA V doesnt look like a lot different. Not dismissing RDR2 but take horse pic for example , i mean GTA 5 can look good as that too in some areas atleast.

dreamfall

I need it in my veins!

The jacket man in the town that looks like Armadillo must be one of the playable gang. It really looks incredible, some homages to Redemption.

Looks beautiful. I sadly never played the first. But I'm keeping my eye on this one.

Stop what you're playing and go play RDR. It was the single best game of the entire last generation
IMO
. You won't lose any hype, all you'll do is want and salivate for more RDR and it will hype you for this game even more.

I don't think the guy talking about the PS2 GTA "detail" meant graphic detail.

It is actually true that the old GTA games have a lot of detail, as in actual simulation of various "details". The sort of stuff like moving a car under a water geyser and see the water stop.

So it's also true that a game like Horizon has high graphic detail, but it's all relatively passive backdrop. You cannot do much with the environment beside walking through it. You can only interact with the "actors", like NPCs and creatures.

Top Bottom