• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 new trailer coming 28 september, 11AM ET

What are you most looking forward to in the trailer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmax3901

Oh for fuck´s sake.

IN A VIDEOGAME!

*looks at screenshot of a woman in RDR2*

"Man I can't wait to tie up that woman and beat her up then shoot her in the head. Even if she was clean a bitch is still a bitch."

Do you see maybe why what you said is aggravating regardless of whether you were talking about a game or not?

grimmiq

Oh for fuck´s sake.

IN A VIDEOGAME!

I get it, just saying where it's coming from. Would be fucked up for me to berate people on what they do in games with how many innocent people I've slaughtered in games in my lifetime. Though I guess it depends on if it's wanton destruction or wish fulfillment.

I think just one.

Shit I would be more than fine with that. When they announced years ago that GTA V would have multiple protagonists I was very excited but honestly I really could have done without it as well and have just one story focused on one guy and nothing else.

On the other hand, two playable characters. One is from Dutch's gang, assuming it's a prequel and the other is a native American. Hell yeah. You'd get two entirely different sides.

Zelda is very different than R* worlds but doesn't even come close to the living worlds of GTA and RDR! Rockstar's NPC interactions alone surpass every other open world game. There's even a button to casually talk to other NPC's in RDR and they'll talk back. I hope they double down on that in RDR2.
Also dynamic NPC's encounters and missions. For example, someone might give you shit while walking around the town and you can challenge them to a duel. All NPC's around the town will react to what happens.

Rockstar worlds are the only ones that feel organic like a real place with real people living in it instead of a lifeless sandbox built for the players to mess around. It really is a simulated world.

Zelda is great but the open world is not as fun when I just want to walk and live in it without a goal in mind.

I love rockstar worlds too, but the button interaction in npc doesn't really make they seem more alive than zelda's when in zelda every npc is named with different dialogue and will react to enemies appearing by running away, by fighting back. The npcs all have different schedules too, and react with different dialogue based on weather.

Rockstar games have this, but the npcs are all generic characters, the interaction stops when i shoot them or not. Of course, agree to disagree.

edit: witcher 3 is pretty phenomenal too

GlamFM

Banned

"Man I can't wait to tie up that woman and beat her up then shoot her in the head. Even if she was clean a bitch is still a bitch."

Do you see maybe why what you said is aggravating regardless of whether you were talking about a game or not?

Are you out of your mind?

You're either trolling or a terrible human, either way can you shut up please?

giphy.gif

PETA_logo_2013.png

Tovarisc

Ok.. but I disagree. No other open world envoirement feels as alive as GTA 5 in my opinion.
They managed to create a world that feels as alive and convincing as no other.
Other open world games feel like a copy paste clusterfuck while GTA 5 or RDR feel like carefully handcrafted.

Anyway what games do open world design better in your opinion?

Betsheda games, especially FO4, are far more fun sandboxes to explore and have level of hand craftiness that R* open worlds don't come even close to. R* open worlds to me have always felt too clinically clean and... straight forward.

Witcher 3 felt a lot more living, struggling and evolving than GTA games, at least for me. Having NPC's walking along the street without any actual purpose and cars driving few blocks before being despawned doesn't do it for me. In TW3 major cities, small settlements etc. felt more alive as NPC's were basically going about their lives and doing tasks around their, well, areas.

For me GTA 3 and Vice City were big deal because back then they were actually revolutionary by just being 3D TPS open world games, but once I grew out of wanting to just mess around and blast those "skybox NPC's" with rocket launcher between story missions they just lost that charm on me. R* open world just doesn't suck me in and immerse me in their world :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wow i did not expect this when i posted that dog gif....

I love rockstar worlds too, but the button interaction in npc doesn't really make they seem more alive than zelda's when in zelda every npc is named with different dialogue and will react to enemies appearing by running away, by fighting back. The npcs all have different schedules too, and react with different dialogue based on weather.

Rockstar games have this, but the npcs are all generic characters, the interaction stops when i shoot them or not. Of course, agree to disagree.

Yeah I can't agree with that at all. While the greeting button is a very cool addition, overall I find how these NPCs react and go about their lives VERY limited actually. In that regard Watch Dogs 2 did a superb job. Really hope Rockstar has worked on that for this game.

Not only that, hopefully they bring back stuff that GTA IV and RDR had and V didn't. Like when I shoot a dude in the leg he would fall to the ground, still pick shots at me while crawling away. In GTA V they just die most of the time from one leg shot. :|

Overall I just hope everything that was in RDR will be in here as well. But after GTA V I'm not so sure.

Yeah I can't agree with that at all. While the greeting button is a very cool addition, overall I find how these NPCs react and go about their lives VERY limited actually. In that regard Watch Dogs 2 did a superb job. Really hope Rockstar has worked on that for this game.

Not only that, hopefully they bring back stuff that GTA IV and RDR had and V didn't. Like when I shoot a dude in the leg he would fall to the ground, still pick shots at me while crawling away. In GTA V they just die most of the time from one leg shot. :|

Overall I just hole everything that was in RDR will be in here as well. But after GTA V I'm not so sure.

I think a lot of things that they regressed in terms of physics and specific shots in GTA V was due to memory constraints of the ps3 and x360.

One thing that i hope is please balance how much health you have, you can die so easily in GTA V, that it sucks to try and experiment in the game

Tovarisc

People losing their cool over someone joking? about killing a dog in video game should look into Fallout 1 and 2 and kids in them....

Overall I just hope everything that was in RDR will be in here as well. But after GTA V I'm not so sure.

Yeah actually that was there in GTAV but it was very limited compared to GTAIV and RDR. In GTAV you can shoot a cop's leg so they will fall and other AI cops would drag them away and put them behind cover.

I hope they double down on that too in RDR2! You could shoot guns off NPC's hands it's so good!

Kaversmed

There’s some serious overreactions going on in this thread in regards to Glams comment. Jesus, just let it go already. It’s Red DEAD, guys. Get off your high horse... and let’s see what happens when we put it on the railroad (disclaimer: not IRL.)

Edit: I love horses

CrazyDude

There’s some serious overreactions going on in this thread in regards to Glams comment. Jesus, just let it go already. It’s Red DEAD, guys. Get off your high horse... and let’s see what happens when we put it on the railroad (disclaimer: not IRL.)
We can't have that kind of talk!! Now excuse me as I go back to wiping out this town of people

Chris1

yea GTA v removed quite a few things. Not just what your talking about but also actually gameplay things like police and firefighters missions. The excuse they gave doesn't sit well with me. I want to do what I want in GTA not what the characters would want

But gameplay stuff being removed has been an issue since 4. Nothing comes close to the sheer amount of stuff you could do in San Andreas. From buying food from hot dog stands to going to cluckin bell or the gym. Even though it's small things it really added to the experience I would like rockstar to go back to that but I'm not getting my hopes up

I think a lot of things that they regressed in terms of physics and specific shots in GTA V was due to memory constraints of the ps3 and x360.

One thing that i hope is please balance how much health you have, you can die so easily in GTA V, that it sucks to try and experiment in the game

That could be it and I guess it just wasn't worth it to do it for the remaster on X1 and PS4.

smudge

Probably going to buy a PS4 for this, because I'm physically incapable of waiting for an unannounced PC version. I do hope they don't skimp on single player content to flesh out that online mode.

Wamb0wneD

Zelda is very different than R* worlds but doesn't even come close to the living worlds of GTA and RDR! Rockstar's NPC interactions alone surpass every other open world game. There's even a button to casually talk to other NPC's in RDR and they'll talk back. I hope they double down on that in RDR2.
Also dynamic NPC's encounters and missions. For example, someone might give you shit while walking around the town and you can challenge them to a duel. All NPC's around the town will react to what happens.

Rockstar worlds are the only ones that feel organic like a real place with real people living in it instead of a lifeless sandbox built for the players to mess around. It really is a simulated world.

Zelda is great but the open world is not as fun when I just want to walk and live in it without a goal in mind.

What Honorio said:

Tovarisc

Probably going to buy a PS4 for this, because I'm physically incapable of waiting for an unannounced PC version. I do hope they don't skimp on single player content to flesh out that online mode.

Aspect I'm genuinely curious about after they saw how huuuge money print GTAV Online is. Would make sense for them to go hard in on RDR2 Online and really flesh it out for monetisation.

Godan

The backlash from GlamFM's comment about the dog is hilarious.

I'm with him though, he was talking about a dog in a game.

I know been lol'ing in work about it.

But hey its 2017 so people like to complain about everything and anything.

Anyway back on topic I have left my headphones at home so going to have to watch whatever trailer they show in work with no sound feelsbadman.

Get a feeling we may get a release date as well today.

Wamb0wneD

I didn't find Zelda to be fun while walking around the world and interacting with NPC's. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Sure, but saying a greeting button to greet random NPC's that disappear around the next corner is better than every NPC in a game having a name, an own character, having day and night scedules or different interactions or locations based on weather is a strange stroke to have.

Obviously you don't meet as many, and most of them are in towns you can walk around in for 20 minutes until you have seen everything or in stables that are just NPC hubs, so maybe that's why you prefer GTA in that regard.
The gameplay itself when traversing the world is completely different. I prefer Zelda in that regard as well, simply due to the verticality of it all. I can see people preferring having different vehicles at your disposal.

You know what would be fun? If for a change we get a huge surprise nobody saw coming. Like a trailer and then saying November 2017 as release date. People would go nuts.

Journey

Banned

No different than saying: "Can't wait to blow someone's brain out and see the details in glorious 4K, graphics have come a long way" while speaking within the context of a videogame announcement.

If you can't make a distinction between real life and videogames, then maybe you should stop playing.

smudge

Aspect I'm genuinely curious about after they saw how huuuge money print GTAV Online is. Would make sense for them to go hard in on RDR2 Online and really flesh it out for monetisation.

Yes, I'm genuinely worried. I love GTA5 and RDR I've played them a tonne. But GTA online is an awful mess, I've probably spent about 10 hours max out of the 200 or so I've put into single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom