• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 new trailer coming 28 september, 11AM ET

What are you most looking forward to in the trailer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

tenor.gif

Yeah, WD2 is my gold standard for NPC behaviors in an open world game.

It did catch me off guard a bit on that front. At first it seemed rather typical with NPC's getting angry as I troll them with the RC stuff, but eventually I started seeing a variety of random events that gave a lot of life to the city like a guy being thrown out of his apartment naked then speeding off with his ex's car lol.

I still feel like the majority of NPC's were rather typical however. I'm really hoping RDR takes this to the next step and raises the quantity of dynamic feeling NPC's. Oh and I REALLY want them to put some of that extra power back into Euphoria again. RDR's implementation still blows GTAV out of the water.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I respect your opinion but could not POSSIBLY disagree with you more. R* is the master of hand crafted, living, breathing worlds.

GTA V's map is insanely detailed and you'll be there a while trying to find buildings that are just copied and pasted because a lot of them are based on real buildings. There is a crazy amount of cars and even pedestrians have good variety. I play on PC where more memory is available but even on console it's quite impressive.

However, I wouldn't say they are the master of creating "living, breathing worlds". It's good yeah but honestly Los Santos felt dead to me after having played Watch Dogs 2. I'm not saying it's a better game or anything but the map actually felt alive. The whole spying thing really helped it because you could listen in on NPC calls/messages so it felt like they actually had lives. The world felt like it changed based on my actions. Being able to hack things made me feel like I had control over everything.

As good as Rockstar are I really believe they could learn some things from Ubisoft.

It would be glorious in its own way if they announced they are going all in on always online and literally making WestWorld the Game.

Hop in and out of the world of RDR2 either alone or with friends to experience ever evolving and changing narratives. Different narratives can tangle up with each other in different places resulting in confrontations with other player(s) (read: PvP). Some of epic narratives are lead by returning faces of RDR franchise.

Before being thrown into world of RDR2 you enter social hub area that you can freely explore and where you can modify your character with different cosmetic items and even weapons of your choice for your adventure. You also get to interact with other players in the hub and form gangs (read: groups).

I'd take it honestly. I just don't want a stinted SP because of the (assumed) online mode.

GTA V's map is insanely detailed and you'll be there a while trying to find buildings that are just copied and pasted because a lot of them are based on real buildings. There is a crazy amount of cars and even pedestrians have good variety. I play on PC where more memory is available but even on console it's quite impressive.

However, I wouldn't say they are the master of creating "living, breathing worlds". It's good yeah but honestly Los Santos felt dead to me after having played Watch Dogs 2. I'm not saying it's a better game or anything but the map actually felt alive. The whole spying thing really helped it because you could listen in on their calls/messages so it felt like they actually had lives. The world felt like it changed based on my actions. Being able to hack things made me feel like I had control over everything.

As good as Rockstar are I really believe they could learn some things from Ubisoft.

Los Santos felt less alive than Liberty City did in GTA 4. Part of that might be due to the fact that there was a huge decrease in enterable buildings in 5 compared to 4.

That being said, GTA5 is still one of the best open worlds out there.

The Ummah

Banned
"You don't have enough currency to purchase this wagon. Head to the general store to purchase a Moonshine Card."

*Sideshow Bob growl*

I'm looking forward to this. I'll be in my office when it drops, I'm ready! Let's go! Release date, pls.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Los Santos felt less alive than Liberty City did in GTA 4. Part of that might be due to the fact that there was a huge decrease in enterable buildings in 5 compared to 4.

That's another point I forgot to mention...Watch Dogs 2 has a lot more interiors. Of all the interiors they made for GTA V a lot of them are restricted to campaign missions. I'd love to be able to explore buildings in a GTA game.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
I had completely forgotten about the reveal since the announcement until I saw this thread. I love being surprised again by something I already knew.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we should all expect the online part to have some form of...

M I C R O T R A N S A C T I O N S

probably but I will say Rockstar have been pretty good about the way they handle it so far in GTAO and they're making obscene amounts of money doing it so fingers crossed.

That's another point I forgot to mention...Watch Dogs 2 has a lot more interiors. Of all the interiors they made for GTA V a lot of them are restricted to campaign missions. I'd love to be able to explore buildings in a GTA game.

Yea I was surprised at how few interior buildings there were in 5. 4 had so many, like the computer cafes, restaurants, hospital, stores etc.

Hopefully now that they aren't tethered to the PS360 hardware they won't have to sacrifice interiors for a larger world anymore.

This so much!!!

I remember how actually Vice City had that enterable shopping mall and IV of course had the Burger Shots and Cluckin' Bell and car dealers you could enter. You'd think with the sequel they would only improve on it but nope. But like others said it could very well have to do with the hardware they had to work with. With the hardware they have now much more should be possible. It's probably going to be great. I'd like for many buildings to be enterable in RDR2 and really, how many buildings will it even have compared to GTA games?

Daffy Duck

So is Rockstar just going to release a trailer and these game outlets are going to stream live reactions to it? Or is there a proper stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom