• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

Simo

Perfect announcement for me. The world is what you spend your entire time in and seeing how stunning and detailed it looks beautiful.

It's still a year away for more details and footage to come.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I don't get it. By the time Scorpio is out, you'll be able to build or buy an equivalent PC for the same price. Xbox as a whole doesn't make any sense to me now.

Edit: And by that time, the PC release won't be far away either.

Wtf is this

Scorpio for me as well, hope movement is improved.

daman824

I don't get it. By the time Scorpio is out, you'll be able to build or buy an equivalent PC for the same price. Xbox as a whole doesn't make any sense to me now.

You mean by the time the game comes out? Scorpio and rdr2 are releasing around the same time. By your logic, no one should buy the console version because as soon as it releases, the PC version "won't be far away"

Still arguements of whether there is a Woman or not.. who cares?
Still arguements about not enough info.. who cares?

It looks brilliant, the previous one was brilliant.

Ergo - this will be brilliant

chefbags

so it´s that a woman? on the right

NqxwyqJ.jpg

I hope so. Would love to play in the open world of RDR as a woman. And if there's character switching I hope it's not all 7 but just a few lol. 7 would just botch the story fast.

Unless the game's plot is that huge that it can fit all 7 storylines.

overcast

It's a year away and Rockstar will build the hype as well as they always do when it approaches Fall 2017.

As for now that was an okay trailer that managed to get me so hyped for more red dead.

MadYarpen

Cannot say much as it wasn't in-game I guess, but I can't wait to dive into this world. I loved to read about these times as a kid, haven't played RDR1. It will be great.

Bandit1

Looks awesome, wish we could have got more. A few little things I noticed. When the seven are riding toward the screen the one furthest right (our left) is holding two revolvers. In the herd of buffalo it looks like we have a young buffalo not fully grown, and setting on the steps of the general store how old does the girl look to you all? I thought she might be 12 or 13, which would kinda be a big deal since Rockstar usually doesn't put children in their worlds.

Oh yeah, sorry I can't do screencaps :/

Bsigg12

What is this PC version you talk about? Officially, there isn't one announced.

rikichi

Perfect announcement for me. The world is what you spend your entire time in and seeing how stunning and detailed it looks beautiful.

It's still a year away for more details and footage to come.

Totally agree. I'm not sure what people are expecting. Sure, I wish it was a bit longer but I look at it as a teaser. And I'm totally sold on it.

I'll be binge watching western movies throughout the year and next until it's release.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Let's hope this doesn't go the way of the GTAV's announcement trailers. Tech looks amazing. Here's hoping for robust Pro and Scorpio support.

I'm going to share a secret with you, not everyone likes playing on pc and prefers the simplicity of consoles. MIND BLOWN

Do Rockstar have a history of downgrades? I thought they were usually pretty decent for showing things as they would be when released.

Gta V got a pretty big downgrade from inital reveal. Never followed up to see how next gen/pc stacked up with that first trailer though.

I want to say Gta4 had at least bullshots too, but im not sure.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
TIL that most people on GAF have absolutely insane expectations.
No we dont. Take a look at GTA V's debut trailer. Expecting more substance than what we got with this trailer is not unreasonable, and Rockstar hyped this trailer up several days in advance. Our expectations and disappointment is fair.

This should pretty much kill the rumors that it was supposed to debut at Sony's E3 presser but was delayed at the last minute due to concerns that the trailer was too violent.

That looked pretty insane if it's in-engine. That bit where it showed the wavy river with the purple-ish sky and all the trees looked stunning. Still not buying unless there's a PC release though.

Looks great. But Damn, Rockstar just got one-upped by the only folks that could.

Who one-upped them? This is like the biggest announcement of the month, the only thing that could one-up Rockstar is Rockstar.

Arex

Great teaser. Some real gameplay would be good but it's still a year away so eh.
Anyway environment looks to be amazing, hope they can keep the quality till the release.

I'm hoping we're still playing as one protagonist, as it'd be more intimate experience imo. GTAV's 3 characters were pretty good but 7 seems too many.

Lady Gaia

I'm amazed that there are so many negative first impressions here along the lines of "sure, it's pretty but they didn't show much." The most amazing thing about the original Red Dead Redemption was the amazingly rich environment. I could get a sense of the time and place just by wandering from one place to another, and what happened when I got there was usually significantly less interesting.

I was absolutely blown away by today's footage. Sign me up to head back to the old west, and this coming from someone who can't stand westerns as a general rule. I just don't expect to see much more for a while. The game still a year out, presuming it doesn't slip into 2018.

Top Bottom