• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Coming to Switch and PS4 (Digital August 17th, Physical October 13th)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So much for the oh-so “credible” sources that claimed this was a remaster. Remember - never believe that shit until the company announces it.

wvnative

So much for the oh-so “credible” sources that claimed this was a remaster. Remember - never believe that shit until the company announces it.

Uhh, this could easily be considered a remaster?

A lazy ass one, but one none the less.

Venuspower

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Right lol! Such a joke. GTAV port for ps5 coming in hot at full price.
To be fair those games don't look that bad when outputted in a higher resolution but yeah the lack of effort and asking for full price is a joke.
Now if this was £20/25 I wouldn't mind.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Buying this physical would be real dumb.

Anyway, got rdr for Xbox one x for 15 bucks and it’s still the best version.

Kerotan

I knew as soon as I seen switch included it wouldn't be anything special. Cool that people won't need to boot up a ps3 to play this anymore.

rofif

Banned
Man... I would wish they AT LEAST did that with gta 4 since I hate the pc version.
the 360 version, with it's terrible 720p and barely 30fps is still the best version. Proper depth of field and effects, original music, least amount of bugs. A proper vision how the game was designed.
The pc versions is washed out, lacks proper depth of field and many effects. crap. unfixable.

But if they did that with gta4, They would not bring back the original music 100%....

About rdr and "straight port". I wuldn't mind that. I would love a lot of ps3 games ported to ps3 without even touching up. Give me mgs4, the darkness1, killzone2.... etc... I would prefer 4k60 but this is better than nothing.. BUT NOT FOR HIGHER INFLATION PRICE THAN 2010 WTF

killatopak

Gold Member
Huge for me. I never got to play Undead Nightmare. Probably a day one purchase for that alone because of all the hype it got back then.

edit: not even a remaster?! Wait for a sale I guess.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

This reveal would have been better received if they were advertising this for PS5. I hope they are not going to remove the multiplayer from Xbox.

Sleepwalker

This is so lazy that I actually respect it. They know the game is BC on xbox so they didn't even care to release it there...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Double 11 studios

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Double Eleven was founded by Lee Hutchinson and Matt Shepcar on 23 December 2009.[1][2][3] Both had previously worked as lead programmers for Rockstar Leeds, where Hutchinson had been involved with the iOS versions of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and Beaterator, while Shepcar had contributed to multiple Grand Theft Auto games.

Game may be in good shape. But a remake in RDR2's graphics engine would have been preferable.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Maybe this was true? Rockstar saw the reception the GTA Definitive Editons got and thought that people just don't want remasters. :D

From last year:

Earlier this week, a Rockstar insider who’s accurately leaked information about the company’s games in the past claimed remasters of GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption “were on the table a few years ago” but are no longer planned.

They also claimed the poor reception to last year’s Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy remasters might have contributed to the decision not to go ahead with the projects.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man I Dunno. They could have at least unlocked the frame rate to 60. If they have done that it’s an instabuy for me, but surely that is not too much to ask. £50 they can kiss my cowboy boots if they haven’t at least done that.
Oh, definitely waiting to see if it will be 60 on the PS5. R* San Diego worked with them, which they were the ones who did RDR2.

Dream scenario would be a stealth 60 patch released for RDR2 around the same time or a couple of months later.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Oh, definitely waiting to see if it will be 60 on the PS5. R* San Diego worked with them, which they were the one who did RDR2.

Dream scenario would be a stealth 60 patch released for RDR2 around the same time or a couple of months later.
If that happened I would be set till Spiderman 2, back out in the plains skinning animals, such an experience.

Puscifer

Man... I would wish they AT LEAST did that with gta 4 since I hate the pc version.
the 360 version, with it's terrible 720p and barely 30fps is still the best version. Proper depth of field and effects, original music, least amount of bugs. A proper vision how the game was designed.
The pc versions is washed out, lacks proper depth of field and many effects. crap. unfixable.

But if they did that with gta4, They would not bring back the original music 100%....

About rdr and "straight port". I wuldn't mind that. I would love a lot of ps3 games ported to ps3 without even touching up. Give me mgs4, the darkness1, killzone2.... etc... I would prefer 4k60 but this is better than nothing.. BUT NOT FOR HIGHER INFLATION PRICE THAN 2010 WTF
I'll take the PC version to not constantly feel like I'm drunk. 60+ fps added some much needed fluidity to that game, to this day it's the only GTA I've never finished multiple times because everything just feels like you're moving in mud.

Top Bottom