• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption heading to Xbox One Backward Compatibility this Friday

RoKKeR

Wow. Free money for R*. Now I'm really hoping for a RDR 3 announcement this or next week. Seems like the perfect lead in, remind the public of the IP and then blow their socks off with a new instalment.

Stop giving me hope that this is actually a possibility!

Hawk269

I was able to play it for about 8 hours or so when they accidently allowed people to play it a few months ago and it ran really well. It looked cleaner than the 360 version and no tearing etc. It was really impressive. Glad that it is finally official and am looking forward to diving back into the game.

PreFire

I was able to play it for about 8 hours or so when they accidently allowed people to play it a few months ago and it ran really well. It looked cleaner than the 360 version and no tearing etc. It was really impressive. Glad that it is finally official and am looking forward to diving back into the game.

I played for a few weeks in offline mode until they somehow disabled that too. I also thought it ran smooth. Sure, it's sub 20 fps (which I hope jumps to around 30 after they tweaked it) and the graphic improvement wasn't really noticeable (jagged edges looked smoother) but I can't wait lol

My favorite game besides GTA V last generation.

screenshot_2016-07-05yzuh2.png

I'm more impressed by the "sales rank" number than the percentage.

I said god damn. o_o

Let's see how it runs considering how fucked up Reach and Mass Effect are

It runs great. I played it on xbone back in Feb when it accidentally became available to download for current owners- no glitches or hiccups or anything. It ran without an issue- played it beginning to end.

Wow. Free money for R*. Now I'm really hoping for a RDR 3 announcement this or next week. Seems like the perfect lead in, remind the public of the IP and then blow their socks off with a new instalment.
Specially when they reveal it's going to be xbone/win store exclusive.

No way in hell that happens, but it would be the greatest thread ever in gaf's history

TLZ

Banned
Where's rdr 2?

terrible

Banned
So far every 360 game I've tried on Xbox One has either had input lag or framerate issues. I want to play RDR again but I worry it won't run great.

So far every 360 game I've tried on Xbox One has either had input lag or framerate issues. I want to play RDR again but I worry it won't run great.

There are reviews from GAF members from when it was available briefly earlier this year, and it apparently runs great.

Strootman

I played mirror's edge, alan wake, awan, super Meat boy, outland, condemned and literally had no problems.

Only game that had input lag was borderlands, but I was told that the game was like this on the 360 too.

fritolay

Wow the Amazon rankings spike it impressive. I hope this leads to more of the same. BC for titles you own, and availability to buy if you hadn't previous generation, is a positive all the way around I think.

I bought the digital game on sale for $7.50 even though I had the disc.

RedRum

Banned
t0UEkeO.jpg

Dude. There's no reason companies shouldn't authorize BC. You literally make a killing for absolutely nothing.

Wow the Amazon rankings spike it impressive. I hope this leads to more of the same. BC for titles you own, and availability to buy if you hadn't previous generation, is a positive all the way around I think.

I bought the digital game on sale for $7.50 even though I had the disc.
Does that include the DLC?

terrible

Banned
There are reviews from GAF members from when it was available briefly earlier this year, and it apparently runs great.
A lot of games that apparently aren't giving other people issues are really bad for me though. Perfect Dark, Nuts and Bolts, Black Ops, Mass Effect, and Geometry Wars are all unplayable or close to it. That's every game I've tried.

This is an old thread but I'm apparently not the only one experiencing this. If they've fixed the issue for RDR I'll be happy but I'm not getting my hopes up.

RedRum

Banned
A lot of games that apparently aren't giving other people issues are really bad for me though. Perfect Dark, Nuts and Bolts, Black Ops, Mass Effect, and Geometry Wars are all unplayable or close to it. That's every game I've tried.

This is an old thread but I'm apparently not the only one experiencing this. If they've fixed the issue for RDR I'll be happy but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Maybe it's your box? Black Ops and Mass Effect are very playable for me. Checked out some youtube videos on the others and they seem to run fine. Dunno.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i still have it on 360 and will play it again before RD3 comes out. i think this is easily rockstars best game of all time and i love gta.

I never did beat this game because I let a friend borrow my copy and they totally forgot that I gave it to them in the first place. So I will be rebuying this.

Awesome news cant wait to rebuy on xbox one and replay this amazing game. Got to be cheap now right ?

R9P43mL.png

Ummm what...

O2JPygh.png

Australian Prices Win Again

Thanks Microsoft.....

RedRum

Banned

And you meant input lag. Apologies. I thought you meant performance.

xray49er

For those trying to buy the game with Microsoft credit or Xbox live bucks. I was able to use credit but I had to buy it directly from my 360 Luckily my son still had his hooked up so I just signed onto his and bought using Microsoft credit

GVA1987

Just bought a digital copy. Sold my physical one when I sold my 360. :-(

Edit: duh my sale means nothing on those charts.

Lichter

Great, I've never played it so I'll buy it in the Marketplace.

PS: The fact that we can't use our Microsoft money for buying 360 games through Xbox.com or the XB1 is BS. I have to contact my cousin who still has a 360 with my account on it in order to use my MS money (that MS offered us for the Fallout 4 bug).

gocubs

I have put about 90 mins in to New Vegas and that has run fine so far. That's been the only BC I have played. Still looking forward to replaying RDR.

c0de

Also it's still weird that the "no one plays backwards compatible games" meme is still so prevalent.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/four-more-xbox-one-backwards-compatible-games-arri/1100-6441431/

"To date, users have spent more than 100 million combined hours playing backwards-compatible games on Xbox One."

If the Xbox One has sold 20-25 million consoles right now, that means the average Xbox One owner has played 4-5 hours of 360 games. That's nothing to sneeze at especially if millions of people haven't played any.

Is there a thread for this?

c0de

Surprised there isn't. Seems like a pretty impressive stat.

It is. It's clearly showing interest in bc and this will even more make sure that at least Microsoft will ensure bc from now on with every new iteration of Xbox.
I still can't believe that there were people who said that bc is useless.

It is. It's clearly showing interest in bc and this will even more make sure that at least Microsoft will ensure bc from now on with every new iteration of Xbox.
I still can't believe that there were people who said that bc is useless.

They are probably just jealous.

Top Bottom