• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption heading to Xbox One Backward Compatibility this Friday

Daffy Duck

Does the GOTY edition use codes for all the extras or is it just enabled as is?

Contemplating picking it up user but don't know if there are codes or not.

Also how does multi disc stuff work (or not work) on BC? I see on the GOTY edition the undead stuff and MP are on disc 2.

Cromwell

Banned
Anyone else having trouble buying it from the OP link? Transaction can't complete after I click "ok" at the payment screen.

Flintty

I never played RDR on 360. Is it as good as people say. I always liked the look of it so I might just get it whilst it's on offer.

I love this BC stuff - letting me play the games I missed because of WoW :)

If they keep adding games that I own on 360 to BC I may have to buy an XBONE, I dont want to upgrade to W10 and I like some of their exclusives, specially now that I no longer own a Ps4 after I sold it when news of the NEO came out. good job Microsoft.

EvB

If they keep adding games that I own on 360 to BC I may have to buy an XBONE, I dont want to upgrade to W10 and I like some of their exclusives, specially now that I no longer own a Ps4 after I sold it when news of the NEO came out. good job Microsoft.

I've got like 250 playable games on my Xbox one now inc BC

GHG

Gold Member
Fucking finally.

Bad timing though, I'm really fuckung busy with stuff at the moment. I'll buy it since its on sale and add it to the backlog I guess.

jfoul

This is awesome news. I never took the time to fully appreciate it the first time through. I used Gamefly and plowed through it, not doing much outside of the main story. I also never touched Undead Nightmare.

Daffy Duck

Wait hang on... Undead Nightmare will work right??

Sure it will.

"Starting on Friday, every Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 owner will be able to play the game directly on their Xbox One, regardless of which version of the game they own (Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare and Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition)," the studio said.

Source

Stevey

So I only have the original disc, sold Undead Nightmare ages ago.
Will that get me the game and the DLC, or will I need to rebuy the DLC?
I thought multi disc games didn't work on BC?

shandy706

God damn it, local CEX sold their only copy of the GOTY version before I got there.

I just checked and CEX's inventory has been devastated..LOL. It was in the 1000s. They have 700 of the base version and 182 of the GotY version now. Amazing

t0UEkeO.jpg

Even better than my last check. Good stuff.

Vormund

It'll be interesting if MS publish the digital sales or the sales increase after the sale ends.

I ended up buying it digitally, I can't wait to give it a go this weekend. :)

Freeman76

God damn it, local CEX sold their only copy of the GOTY version before I got there.

I got it online for £4 this morning its now gone up to £8 and they almost sold out.

This is one of the best games ever Rockstar would have cleaned up with a remaster.

Max_Po

Banned
Earlier this year, I was able to download RDR via some trick of following a guy and if you digitally owned the game.

Since then, I reset my console ...by mistake but I still had the PIN Saved.

I Just now clicked on it and I am able to download it.

The size is 7.4 gigs however, if you go in Game Management, you cannot download any DLC...

I will try to see if it runs.

icespide

Banned
Earlier this year, I was able to download RDR via some trick of following a guy and if you digitally owned the game.

Since then, I reset my console ...by mistake but I still had the PIN Saved.

I Just now clicked on it and I am able to download it.

The size is 7.4 gigs however, if you go in Game Management, you cannot download any DLC...

I will try to see if it runs.
I tried last night. you can't launch it

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Got a brand new copy of the Game of the Year edition coming from Amazon tomorrow! Worth every bit of the money. Cannot wait!! :)

red-dead-redemption-game-of-the-year-edition-front-cover-82163.jpg

I never played RDR on 360. Is it as good as people say. I always liked the look of it so I might just get it whilst it's on offer.

It's awesome. The DLC is great too. Hard to explain how they made what's pretty much a desert so interesting, but they pulled it off.

The Undead Nightmare Collection has been as cheap as $5 and the Undead Nightmare Pack, which is really all I want, has been as cheap as $2.50, so I'll wait, but I do want it.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm assuming if I have my retail disc and I had purchased Undead DLC I'll have access to the dlc through BC?

e_i

Bought the digital version off of Xbox Live. I guess I have to wait until Friday to d/l to my Xbone?

MechDX

I'm assuming if I have my retail disc and I had purchased Undead DLC I'll have access to the dlc through BC?

Base game and all DLC will be downloaded to your Xbox One. The disc will just act as a key to access it as proof of purchase

I bought the physical version of RDR at its midnight release back in 2010 and played it almost non-stop across a couple days until I finished it. Definitely one of my top games of all time. I traded it a few years ago so I just bought the digital version on the sale. I can't wait for renewed interest in MP on Xbox One.

It's so much better. Possibly my game of the gen.

Falchion

Excellent! Haven't played it since going through on 2011. Shame I won't get any of the achievements but oh well.

I think what we really need is more video games set in the Western setting. It's such a beautiful and fascinating era that I wish more games would dive into.

It's awesome. The DLC is great too. Hard to explain how they made what's pretty much a desert so interesting, but they pulled it off.

The open prairies can be a beautiful thing in their own way. I've lived in them my entire life and there's something about them that's difficult to capture, but Rockstar San Diego pulled it off miraculously.

Top Bottom