• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption heading to Xbox One Backward Compatibility this Friday

Nintenleo

Just bought the digital version on Xbox.com. I unplugged my 360 a long time ago, can't wait for Friday. I'm really ashamed I have never played this game.

speedomodel

Anybody else wondering if Friday will also bring an announcement of a new Red Dead?

Seems strange to set a date for the end of the week.

Probably not I guess..

I have the base game and I know I have Undead Nightmare and I believe all of the other DLC. Will all of it download automatically with the base game?

ItsDorf

Banned
So is this going to be like the other XBOX one BC release. If you have just read dead you will get all the DLC with it? Undead Nightmare and others?

Or do we need to buy the GOTY edition that supports it?

So is this going to be like the other XBOX one BC release. If you have just read dead you will get all the DLC with it? Undead Nightmare and others?

Or do we need to buy the GOTY edition that supports it?

Borderlands is the only BC game I know about that gives you the DLC.

Pretty sure you'll have to buy the DLC or have a disc with it on there.

F4r0_Atak

Anybody else wondering if Friday will also bring an announcement of a new Red Dead?

Probably not I guess..

Very doubtful. Rockstar would usually use a conference or some other big venue or event to announce it (reveals happened for GTA V Remastered, LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption during E3) . So... if we go by the last rumor that it was set to be announced during Sony's E3 press conference , chances are they moved the official reveal to another big event. I hope for a Gamescom reveal but my bet is on PSX if the game is set to release next year (hopefully for Spring 2017).

The Argus

Very doubtful. Rockstar would usually use a conference or some other big venue or event to announce it (reveals happened for GTA V Remastered, LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption during E3) . So... if we go by the last rumor that it was set to be announced during Sony's E3 press conference , chances are they moved the official reveal to another big event. I hope for a Gamescom reveal but my bet is on PSX if the game is set to release next year (hopefully for Spring 2017).

Nope. GTA V and IV were announced with a countdown clock. Pretty sure they did the same with RDR, MP3 was not announced at E3 either. Only the GTA V remaster was announced at E3.

Rockstar is big enough were a trailer/countdown clock is all they need to hit first pages everywhere.

Also RDR 3 was never meant to be shown at Sony's E3, Sony has confirmed that the show we saw was the show they had planned for months.

Is it smarter to buy the basic version digitally, or get the physical GOTY edition?
GOTY

Undead Nightmare alone is worth it, not to mention you get the multiplayer stuff, the PS3 exclusive stuff, and all the preorder bonuses. I imagine all that bought digitally is quite a bit more.

This video been posted yet?

https://youtu.be/6nzkwYUzj6M

Could be me but it seems to look more crisp at 05:11.

Anyway, i bought the game just now. 7,50 is crazy. Is there a way for me to see if i indeed have Undead Nightmare? I could swear i bought it digitally back then but i would like to know for sure.

rockstar has never announced a game at E3,ever with announcement trailer

GTAV remastered? :)

Not a brand new game i know...but still. Red Dead 3 will undoubtedly be announced the samw way like GTA V was announced.

Bought RDR a few months ago when it was on sale for $7.50, bought Undead Nightmare last night for $9.99. Not bad for one of TK favorite games of all time. Can't wait, and I'm off on Friday!

rezn0r

Nope. GTA V and IV were announced with a countdown clock. Pretty sure they did the same with RDR, MP3 was not announced at E3 either. Only the GTA V remaster was announced at E3.

Rockstar is big enough were a trailer/countdown clock is all they need to hit first pages everywhere.

Also RDR 3 was never meant to be shown at Sony's E3, Sony has confirmed that the show we saw was the show they had planned for months.

I hang out with a R* employee every 4th of July, and every 4th of July I harass him about news, especially anything RDR-related. No, he doesn't leak anything he's not supposed to, but it is fun either way. He pretty much said exactly what you just did, that they've never presented anything new and big at E3, I was surprised - I was asking him about the Sony show rumor.

Anyway, i bought the game just now. 7,50 is crazy. Is there a way for me to see if i indeed have Undead Nightmare? I could swear i bought it digitally back then but i would like to know for sure.

Go here while logged in and see if you have the Undead Nightmare Collection or Undead Nightmare Pack purchased.

quest

Not Banned from OT
This video been posted yet?

https://youtu.be/6nzkwYUzj6M

Could be me but it seems to look more crisp at 05:11.

GTAV remastered? :)

Not a brand new game i know...but still. Red Dead 3 will undoubtedly be announced the samw way like GTA V was announced.

That video sold me I will be getting this on Friday. Can't believe that they were able to get the frame rate that solid.

spaaaaace

Banned
So I just bought RDR/UN + all DLC on the Xbox store. Can anyone confirm if the online will work or did I waste my money on them DLC packs, also how do I install the DLCs when RDR becomes available do they show up as games in my library for install? Also how is the BC quality? Do the games run well or what, never used the feature.

icespide

Banned
So I just bought RDR/UN + all DLC on the Xbox store. Can anyone confirm if the online will work or did I waste my money on them DLC packs, also how do I install the DLCs when RDR becomes available do they show up as games in my library for install? Also how is the BC quality? Do the games run well or what, never used the feature.

I think you'll be fine but aren't these questions you should have asked before buying all of that haha?

Ash735

The DLC packs were mainly for MP, so they'll just be unlocked when you go into Multiplayer modes (you'll get informed about unlocked content), any SP Content will also be unlocked after completing the intro. The MAIN SP DLC "Undead Nightmare" will be an option on the main menu for you to choose.

The Online Modes were shown to be working back in the leak version in Feb, just a bit slow to connect with the little servers that are active. But that of course might change with the huge up take of people buying it again!

Emulation has been fine from what we've seen publicly in Feb, the game holds 30fps with Vsync, has less dips than the original 360 version, some hitches here and there but a high chance they've been fixed now.

Carpo

Neo Member
Anyone know if owning RDR/UN digital gives access to RDR as well?

Thinking of buying one to get access to both

Bizzquik

I wasn't expecting better frame-rates in addition to the v-sync.

Well i did see the framerate drop from 30 to 25 a few times on the X1 side, but then i did not watch the video all to the end.

Probably worth mentioning that the video is from the February (unintentional) leak. That was when the game was in 'testing' phase. So its entirely possible that the game actually runs better now than it did four months ago.

Keep in mind most of the DLC is just for multiplayer so if you don't care about that your better off buying the base game and Undead Nightmare for around $18 total.

Hawk269

Does anyone know what the latest update for the game contained (on Xbox One for RDR). Before the announcement I would check the game to see if it would work, today for the hell of it I tried and it said it needed a 588mb update. Last I tried was last week and nothing happened, so just curious if anyone knows what the update was for?

ultrazilla

Probably not I guess..

I'm actually surprised we've heard nothing on the sequel. Was it ever confirmed that it was pulled from E3 this year because the trailer featured an old west bar getting shot up?(The Orlando night club shooting had just happened)

Does anyone know what the latest update for the game contained (on Xbox One for RDR). Before the announcement I would check the game to see if it would work, today for the hell of it I tried and it said it needed a 588mb update. Last I tried was last week and nothing happened, so just curious if anyone knows what the update was for?

Stability.

Simo

I'm actually surprised we've heard nothing on the sequel. Was it ever confirmed that it was pulled from E3 this year because the trailer featured an old west bar getting shot up?(The Orlando night club shooting had just happened)

That was debunked.

Also don't get excited for RDR online...the servers have sadly gone to shit for awhile and full of hacks and cheaters. :/

drotahorror

I wonder if I should redownload my RDR that I grabbed back in february or whenever that was? I can still play it afaik, never got the update that made it not work.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I just tried to buy this through Xbox.com but it won't let me buy with my Xbox Credit. I'd forgotten that weird set up.

If I wait until friday, will I be able to buy it through my Xbox One with my credit? I don't think I've ever bought a 360 game on my X1.

Eugy80uc

Neo Member
very good so there must be a patch!?I think it will be one of the most stable bc games saw the time that they put
i cant wait tomorrow!!!!!!!

I just tried to buy this through Xbox.com but it won't let me buy with my Xbox Credit. I'd forgotten that weird set up.

If I wait until friday, will I be able to buy it through my Xbox One with my credit? I don't think I've ever bought a 360 game on my X1.

No, its MS crazy policy that credit on the X1 can't be used to buy 360 games - even on your X1 console.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
No, its MS crazy policy that credit on the X1 can't be used to buy 360 games - even on your X1 console.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Huh, thanks for the info. I assume it's all to do with the 360 being region locked while X1 isn't somehow. At least it's only £6, I suppose!

very good so there must be a patch!?I think it will be one of the most stable bc games saw the time that they put
i cant wait tomorrow!!!!!!!

A lot of BC games got a Emulator patch some days ago...

They probably hit a very good and stable version of the Emulator now

Raitaro

While I'm happy for all Xbox owning Red Dead fans, as a PS4 owner can't help but wonder what happened to that rumored remaster (you know, the one that was rumored along with a sequel and a possible screenshot).

Doesn't the fact that the 360 version is BC enabled now not greatly diminish the chance for such a (I assume) multiplatform remaster to happen, a remaster all Red Dead fans would get to enjoy and that would enhance the game (even more)?

Auctopus

Good for them. Physcial and digital game conservation/backwards-compatibility should be praised and reward. PSNow is such a dull effort.

While I'm happy for all Xbox owning Red Dead fans, as a PS4 owner can't help but wonder what happened to that rumored remaster (you know, the one that was rumored along with a sequel and a possible screenshot).

Doesn't the fact that the 360 version is BC enabled now not greatly diminish the chance for such a (I assume) multiplatform remaster to happen, a remaster all Red Dead fans would get to enjoy and that would enhance the game (even more)?

there was never a Remaster planned, thats what happened.

Lucifon

I got the 'Undead Nightmare Collection' from the Xbox store back when Undead Nightmare came out. Will that give me anything tomorrow without owning the RDR original disc?

Top Bottom