• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption Xbox store page updated! [UPDATE: never mind]

dex3108

As someone else mentioned, Rockstar had said a few times the code for the game was a complete mess. I'm going to assume that has something to do with it? You would think in six years R* would have worked around that and figured it out. Guess not?

They have money, time and manpower to do it no matter how bad code is.

dreamfall

Game deserves to be on PC, its currently languishing in 720p and below land.

I played the PS3 version, loved it but would love to play it on PC with high resolutions and hopefully high frame rates like GTAV. For example played GTAV on PC @100 fps at 1080p.

This would be a dream come true. I hope when/if they announce Red Dead 3, the PC version gets the GTA V treatment in terms of quality. And it doesn't get delayed.

Red Dead Revolver on PCSX2 can only do so much!

I had this game since day one, I was incredibly hyped for it's release and went around asking if all my friends were going to get it.

I will never back down from saying it is one of the best games ever created, and quite possibly the best Rockstar Game ever, it's an absolute masterpiece!
Don't even get me started on Undead Nightmare, it is the best DLC ever made.

I would love to play this on PC, I would play a remaster all the time!

Amen to all of this.

A remaster of RDR similar to what GTA V had would take a ton of work. GTA probably had both gen releases being developed alongside each other. I'm happy with a RDR BC announcement stuck at the end of a RDR 3 premiere trailer.

Of course it would take a lot of work, but seeing what Bluepoint can do for the Uncharted games on a year(?) time, means that you can easily outsource it.

They have money, time and manpower to do it no matter how bad code is.

They do, but Rockstar isn't sitting around doing nothing. Their best talent are always working on the new GTA, RD, Bully, Midnight Club, and Max Payne. Just throwing some names out there. They could always give it to someone else to do the port job for them?

The Argus

Of course it would take a lot of work, but seeing what Bluepoint can do for the Uncharted games on a year(?) time, means that you can easily outsource it.

True, idk why I never thought of R* outsourcing it. But with this BC version all but be being officially announced I don't see a remaster ever existing . Why would Rockstar give Microsoft the okay when they already have a remaster they can charge $40-60 for in the works?

This game is so loved by the internet hardcore community, because this game was the top answer to a thread named "best videogame of all time".

Is it because its from the makers of GTA or because people love the wild west theme?
It's one of the few games whose writing and plot is so good I wouldn't be embarrassed showing it to my parents.

It possibly has the greatest ending to a video game of all time.

Zedox

Why is backwards compatibility not possible on Windows 10? Could it be possible in the future?

Possible, technically, yes, with VM tech... will it happen, that's another question. I think it would be very smart for MS and publishers to do so but we'll see.

I feel like Red Dead Redemption 2 is gonna be announced soon and they are going to say play the first one now on Xbox One with BC

The Argus

I feel like Red Dead Redemption 2 is gonna be announced soon and they are going to say play the first one now on Xbox One with BC

I really hope it's not Redemption 2. I'd like a prequel, but playing as Jack in the 1920s doesn't seem too Western. Either get the actor for John back for a prequel during his bad guy days or give me a new setting and character(s) set in the late 1800s. Post Civil War would be cool for 3. Said it a dozen times on Gaf but a young female rancher who's family escaped the south and a Native American dude post Trail of Tears would make for some great duality for two main characters.

It'd be interesting to see if Rockstar actually has rebuilt the game using the most recent version of R.A.G.E. That would certainly be the best way to get the "remaster" (or would that quality it as a remake?) considering how far that engine has come since Redemption, the game should look glorious and run really well compared to the original version. Then they can release the sequel in 2017.

EDIT: IDK if they'd get John's actor back, IIRC he didn't seem that interested in an interview some years ago.

Holy shit I just realized it's been seven years!

Bought it digitally on the xbox store like a year ago when it was on sale for $7, was able to play briefly for 24 hours earlier this year, looking forward to completing the game for first time. I guess that means RDR2 announcement is incoming on monday, too

Rumor is that it was supposed to be announced at E3 at the end of the Sony conference, but a violent sequence in the announce trailer showing the character walking into a saloon and shooting a bunch of people was considered un-showable right after the Orlando massacre. It got replaced by the Days Gone (zombie game) game play instead.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Bought it digitally on the xbox store like a year ago when it was on sale for $7, was able to play briefly for 24 hours earlier this year, looking forward to completing the game for first time. I guess that means RDR2 announcement is incoming on monday, too

Rumor is that it was supposed to be announced at E3 at the end of the Sony conference, but a violent sequence in the announce trailer showing the character walking into a saloon and shooting a bunch of people was considered un-showable right after the Orlando massacre. It got replaced by the Days Gone (zombie game) game play instead.
Hmmm, interesting.

Ash735

Guys, please, stop saying RDR2 or Red Dead 2, just call it the Next Red Dead or Red Dead 3. I swear that triggers my OCD each time I see that, and please don't bother with the "Oh but it's not a true sequel to Red Dead Revolver" stuff, Rockstar Games consider Redemption as the second game, the internal files state it as the second game and Take2 consider it the "Red Dead" franchise, which consists of three titles, Revolver, Redemption and Undead Nightmare (DLC for Redemption released on disc).

Guys, please, stop saying RDR2 or Red Dead 2, just call it the Next Red Dead or Red Dead 3. I swear that triggers my OCD each time I see that, and please don't bother with the "Oh but it's not a true sequel to Red Dead Revolver" stuff, Rockstar Games consider Redemption as the second game, the internal files state it as the second game and Take2 consider it the "Red Dead" franchise, which consists of three titles, Revolver, Redemption and Undead Nightmare (DLC for Redemption released on disc).

Still, few care about Revolver being the first game and even less bought it.

I wonder if Rockstar ever sent Capcom a "thank you".

The Argus

Still, few care about Revolver being the first game and even less bought it.

I wonder if Rockstar ever sent Capcom a "thank you".

I think purchasing their broken game counts as a thank you. Rockstar changed it up a lot (it went from a very Japanese Wild Wild West theme to spaghetti Western), it's not like they bought Revolver and stuck their logo on it.

I think purchasing their broken game counts as a thank you. Rockstar changed it up a lot (it went from a very Japanese Wild Wild West theme to spaghetti Western), it's not like they bought Revolver and stuck their logo on it.

I know but Rockstar turned Capcom's failure with the first game into a potential billion dollar series.

etta

my hard graphic balls
This has already been denied by Sony. Supposedly the presentation set list had been settled for months.
It just doesn't make sense though. The conference was 1 hour and 17 minutes long. That's over 60 minutes and under 90 minutes, which are traditional time slots. Also, Sony has been having 2 hour conferences for how long now? Where was Destiny, where were the indies? Something was very strange about the length of this year's conference.

Good news for a PC version?

I wish....but....

not_going_to_happen_breaking_bad.gif

The Argus

It just doesn't make sense though. The conference was 1 hour and 17 minutes long. That's over 60 minutes and under 90 minutes, which are traditional time slots. Also, Sony has been having 2 hour conferences for how long now? Where was Destiny, where were the indies? Something was very strange about the length of this year's conference.

True about the run time. But why would they remove the usual reel of indies even if some were violent? Would Bungie really pull Destiny? Why would Sony replace this all with a hyper violent zombie shooter with realistic mass zombie/person shooting physics?

I get the RDR saloon claim if it ends up being true. That would have been in poor taste.

I know but Rockstar turned Capcom's failure with the first game into a potential billion dollar series.

Revolver didn't sell that well. And Capcom of 2010 could have never have made Redemption.

Revolver didn't sell that well. And Capcom of 2010 could have never have made Redemption.

I know it didn't, I even said as much but it sold well enough for what it was and obviously Redemption isn't something Capcom could've made (even when work on Redemption started back in 2005) but Rockstar buying Revolver from them still lead to Redemption which sold over 14 million copies and is way more than any single game from Capcom.

It feels like something was cut for sure but I am not sure Red Dead was it.

Maybe NEO not being there was more last minute then we know?

And Sony has ended their stage shows with wet farts for a while.

Remember when David Jaffe's Drawn to Death ending a PSX show? Or Paragon?

Or a 20 second Uncharted 4 teaser ended a E3?

Simo

It was a bullshit rumor started by gaffers pretending to be insiders on reddit when said insiders got "busted" when they claimed to know the ins and outs about a new Red Dead saying it would be at Sony's conference and when it didn't, they got lynched and created alts saying it was "moved at the last minute" because of Orlando.

Rockstar never planned to debut Red Dead at E3 or that week obviously.

Nzyme32

My money is still on BC not happening for RDR

Rockstar are all about getting as much money as they can. An RDR Remaster is much more likely than BC

Kadin

My money is still on BC not happening for RDR

Rockstar are all about getting as much money as they can. An RDR Remaster is much more likely than BC
I hate that I agree with you but I think this is probably what will happen. I'm still a tad sore that I had a chance to play it when it was available and it played perfectly. Went online one day for something else and then *poof*, no more access to it... and now I'm sad.

Nzyme32

I don't believe this since it is extremely unlikely that an orchestra is going to be able to coordinate learning and performing a live rendition of the music for that demo over such a short time span

It's already been shown playable being BC. I wouldn't put money on that.

And I still say it's not happening - literally every game should run with BC since the whole console is virtualised. Companies decide whether they want their game to be available. Rockstar messing with it internally wouldn't even mean it will see public releasxe

Ash735

An RDR Remaster is much more likely than BC
We're talking about the same Rockstar Games who hate going back to old projects unless they are forced to for licence issues, the same Rockstar Games who REFUSED to port their GTA games to Mobile platforms causing Take2 to farm it off to the lowest bidders (War Drum Studios, who ported from the PC versions for GTA3/VC/SA and Lucid Games who had to get a bit more involved for LCS since a PC version was not made) and the same Rockstar Games who for years rejected various internal builds and proper attempts to port the classic GTA titles to the Xbox 360/PS3 but yet OK'd a rushed emulated mobile port (San Andreas Remastered) which had low quality mono audio, was severely broken and even the physical box itself was lying as it was re-using the PS2 template!

Trying to get a legacy team set up inside that company was always rejected and led to many frustrations over the years. So unless they've had a sudden change of heart, I really wouldn't expect them to go back to one of their most broken games and actually give it the proper treatment. Rockstar Games are a forward thinking company, they only care about their current title and future titles, GTAV was a cross gen title, it wasn't "Remastered", plenty of the assets were done before the original PS3/360 release even! The reason it took soo long was because they scrapped the original PC version, re-focused on PS4/XB1 versions and then ported that over to PC so they could work on all three versions in the most simplest way.

Top Bottom