• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Media RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

BibleBLACKED

Mar 20, 2017
Salvation is the best movie after the first two, yeah I said it. It had flaws sure, wish the future war looked more like in t2, but I would have rather seen that timeline continue than the constant rehash/reboots we are getting with Genysisisisisis and Bomba of Fate.

Reactions: Stiflers Mom

Revolutionary

Sep 13, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I agree with Jay about Salvation.

people hated it but at least it tried something new and different. I actually liked
it quite a bit
I think part of the reason why I hated it is because the trailer was shockingly good. Even watching it now, it looks like it would be a great film - it almost makes the movie look cerebral instead of the cliche action film that it actually is.

Last edited:

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
That terminator review was honest.
Flawed but fun.

Ok to see in the cinema. Just dumb fun.
At least its better then any of that sheit marvel turd people seem to love.

Reactions: #Phonepunk#

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
Salvation had potential but they didn't bother to do anything clever with it. At least it didn't try to rehash the old formula again.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
Salvation i remember being really bored with it. visually it was just very uninteresting to me. lots of it takes place during the day in the desert, rather than apocalyptic it just felt.... sparse. the new Terminators were cool but a little too generic and hard to make out. the classical skeletal design is too iconic. glad that Genisys and this one had scenes of future war harkening back to T2 (sky is dark, lots of laser guns, skeletal robots)

just got back from the new film. first time i think i've ever woken up, watched RLM view a movie, then go see it in theater. tickets were $15 but we got to sit in a real nice leather recliner. like hell yeah this is nicer than watching it at home. Spukc is otm. flawed but fun!

the whole Carl thing worked for me in a way I didn't think it would. IMO it's they did a good job of maintaining characterization from the old characters. Arnold still a machine pondering what it's like to be human, Sarah still a crazy doomsdayer who hates Terminators. Grace is the highlight.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
good stuff. their celebrity jurassic park film is a good idea.

i disagree with them in that i think the prequels are better than the sequels, but it's clear they have a lot of hate for the prequels. after all the TFA review was about 1/3rd prequel bashing.