• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

Javthusiast

Banned
Salvation is the best movie after the first two, yeah I said it. It had flaws sure, wish the future war looked more like in t2, but I would have rather seen that timeline continue than the constant rehash/reboots we are getting with Genysisisisisis and Bomba of Fate.

I agree with Jay about Salvation.

people hated it but at least it tried something new and different. I actually liked
it quite a bit
I think part of the reason why I hated it is because the trailer was shockingly good. Even watching it now, it looks like it would be a great film - it almost makes the movie look cerebral instead of the cliche action film that it actually is.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
That terminator review was honest.
Flawed but fun.

Ok to see in the cinema. Just dumb fun.
At least its better then any of that sheit marvel turd people seem to love.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Salvation had potential but they didn't bother to do anything clever with it. At least it didn't try to rehash the old formula again.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Salvation i remember being really bored with it. visually it was just very uninteresting to me. lots of it takes place during the day in the desert, rather than apocalyptic it just felt.... sparse. the new Terminators were cool but a little too generic and hard to make out. the classical skeletal design is too iconic. glad that Genisys and this one had scenes of future war harkening back to T2 (sky is dark, lots of laser guns, skeletal robots)

just got back from the new film. first time i think i've ever woken up, watched RLM view a movie, then go see it in theater. tickets were $15 but we got to sit in a real nice leather recliner. like hell yeah this is nicer than watching it at home. Spukc is otm. flawed but fun!

the whole Carl thing worked for me in a way I didn't think it would. IMO it's they did a good job of maintaining characterization from the old characters. Arnold still a machine pondering what it's like to be human, Sarah still a crazy doomsdayer who hates Terminators. Grace is the highlight.

Last edited:
Looks like Mack is at the studio again because they recorded another podcast
EJR1yPJVUAASKdv

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
good stuff. their celebrity jurassic park film is a good idea.

i disagree with them in that i think the prequels are better than the sequels, but it's clear they have a lot of hate for the prequels. after all the TFA review was about 1/3rd prequel bashing.

Looks like Mack is an official team member now

Yep, the podcast I linked a few days ago was recorded when he was at the RLM studio. So we can expect another BotW with Mack soon!

As for this video, I haven't watched it yet but I absolutely adored The Last Dragon when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in like 15 years, though. Wonder if it holds up.

Yep, the podcast I linked a few days ago was recorded when he was at the RLM studio. So we can expect another BotW with Mack soon!

As for this video, I haven't watched it yet but I absolutely adored The Last Dragon when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in like 15 years, though. Wonder if it holds up.
Does it hold up? SHO NUFF!

one of my all time fav films, I was in love with Vanity back in the day.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I agree with Jay about Salvation.

people hated it but at least it tried something new and different. I actually liked
it quite a bit

im not really sure why it got the hate it did

the only thing is i wanted more john connor with christian bale, but otherwise i found it fun

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So do I. They remain skeptical but hopeful that it'll turn out good. At least no one is using the "Men hate Women" marketing angle that the 2016 reboot did.

It was the smartest choice to go with Paul Rudd and kids.

Everyone loves Paul Rudd, and well, they can’t get angry about kids like they would if there were all grown adult men.

2016 church of feminism would lose their shit.

GreyHorace

It was the smartest choice to go with Paul Rudd and kids.

Everyone loves Paul Rudd, and well, they can’t get angry about kids like they would if there were all grown adult men.

2016 church of feminism would lose their shit.
This may shock the church of feminism, but I, a male fan of the original film, didn't really mind the idea of an all female Ghostbusters.

I just wished it wasn't a fucking retread of the 1st film or that they used such underhanded marketing tactics to gain publicity.

This may shock the church of feminism, but I, a male fan of the original film, didn't really mind the idea of an all female Ghostbusters.

I just wished it wasn't a fucking retread of the 1st film or that they used such underhanded marketing tactics to gain publicity.

I wish they wrote a good comedic script and didn't ad lib everything. If it was an all male cast with clones of the original, it would have been dogshit because of the director. He is awful.

The all female cast is only obnoxious because it's an obvious and cynical marketing ploy. But, I can possibly see past that if there was something good underneath. There is nothing good underneath.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
Random bit of info, but a few years ago when I was still working at a gamestop, Rich Evans came into where I worked. Sold him a copy of the Ghostbusters video game. I geeked out like such a dork because I think RLM is so funny.

Just missed out on meeting Mike and Jay too, because they had just eaten at the Buffalo Wild Wings next door.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
Jesus christ, I know it's supposed to be funny, but that bit about the headline. If that isn't proof of obvious shilling, I don't know what is. Really disgusts me that Disney has so much control. I kinda regret buying tickets for this shit, but I just wanted to see how terrible it was going to be.

Top Bottom