• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

Shantae

Banned
"I fucking love Star Wars!"
116.gif

Paracelsus

They couldn't care less about Star Wars anymore, they spent 70 minutes yet omitted so many things, because ultimately their opinion is that while it's wasted potential, in the end it's a shitshow, don't go watch it, and if you like it Mike added you could have low IQ because you were bamboozled by the fast pacing and the strobo effects so your critical part of the brain just shut down.

Was a pretty good episide and sums up my thoughts also

I'm hoping mike/Mr plinket goes back over these 3 movies in detail like he did with the prequels and tears it a new asshole

I mostly agree with their take on this. I just saw RoS, but I'd argue TLJ is worse because it not only ruined itself but the sequel. They actually sort of make that argument in this video and don't realize it. You could cut down a lot of the "TOO MUCH" in RoS if you fixed TLJ. Last Jedi maybe had a theme, but that theme was sabotage and bitterness. General Hux is the embodiment of the directorial/editorial life of the sequel trilogy. It doesn't matter who wins, as long as (Rian or JJ or the fans or Lucas) loses.

Mahadev

"Is this a screensaver?"

I was laughing out loud at that for quite some time. God, I fucking love this Rich Evans, despite his countless disabilities he still manages to make us laugh.

GreyHorace

Ahhh yeah baby

Re:View - The Mandalorian

I know what Star Wars is too!

Their thoughts align with mine. The relative simplicity of The Mandalorian's story is why I like it so much. We need don't need overtly complicated plotlines in our TV shows. Just give us good stories that we can enjoy in the space of an hour every week. I just recently watched the first two episodes of the new Doctor Who season and I was just aghast at how nonsensical and overtly convoluted the plot was. Same with The Witcher.

Also, give us memorable characters. They were spot on with their assessment of Rogue One. I like that movie but for the life of me I can't remember the characters all that much (except for Donnie Yen and probably Forest Whitaker). Meanwhile the characters of this show are pretty interesting and memorable. The fact that Mike and Rich don't refer to Mando as Boba Fett means they acknowledge what a pretty good character he is.

And the NAMBLA joke at the end. LOL

Their thoughts align with mine. The relative simplicity of The Mandalorian's story is why I like it so much. We need don't need overtly complicated plotlines in our TV shows. Just give us good stories that we can enjoy in the space of an hour every week. I just recently watched the first two episodes of the new Doctor Who season and I was just aghast at how nonsensical and overtly convoluted the plot was. Same with The Witcher.
Same here.
I hate all this super complicated convoluted shit with different timelines and stuff they try to pull off these days, just for the sake of a TWIST.
Fuck off this shit. It just almost never really works and is bad film making.

Last edited:
The best one. Rem Lazar did 9/11!

The legendary Surviving Edged Weapons training video is a must in itself and not just in RLM form (it shows footage of actual genital mutilation if I remember correctly):

Fun fact:
cwbh4ui1jcjz.png

I don´t hate Rian and disagree with the hack frauds on all sorts of things. As one must.

The 2nd best one is Miami Connection:

I was wrong about Nerd Crew btw. I only hated Collider and it was too close Collider. It also outlasted their Jedi Council! Lol. Nerd Crew is ok. A bit repetitive but ok.
Those are a total time-capsule too it watched in the order. What a clusterfuck Disney made of the brand.

Edit: Neil Breen (age 61) is unwatchable on his own. Scary too...

Last edited:
New Re:view for Tron and Tron Legacy is up.

Haven't watched it yet but I have to admit I'm surprised they made an episode on the Tron series. Personally, I think the only thing good about those movies are the visual effects. :messenger_confounded:

Top Bottom