• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
taken down by WB Gremlins

wbgremlin.jpg

they showed a lot of clips in this one, all the WB and cartoon stuff, there were a lot of references, lot of stuff to possibly claim. shame tho, it was a lot of fun. we're watching this movie on Sunday.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
I missed my chance as well. Saw it sitting there in my feed and thought I’ll just watch it at my leisure when I feel like it. And now this happened.

MacReady13

Mr. Plinkett is my favorite film reviewer of all time. I must have watched the Star Wars reviews like 10 times now.

I can't get behind their prequel tear downs as i'm a fan of those films, and I don't agree with all their reviews, but I respect them when I once didn't, and have grown to really enjoy their opinions on films.

TheContact

I can't get behind their prequel tear downs as i'm a fan of those films, and I don't agree with all their reviews, but I respect them when I once didn't, and have grown to really enjoy their opinions on films.

Well I've always understood it as Mr. Plinkett being a character and not truly a representation of Red Letter Media's thoughts, though I will say they probably do align more with hating the prequels than liking it. I think Mr. Plinkett is just purposefully critical and over-the-top. Literally an armchair film critic who happens to be a psychopath.

MacReady13

Well I've always understood it as Mr. Plinkett being a character and not truly a representation of Red Letter Media's thoughts, though I will say they probably do align more with hating the prequels than liking it. I think Mr. Plinkett is just purposefully critical and over-the-top. Literally an armchair film critic who happens to be a psychopath.

I've always seen it that way as well. I just never really liked their takes on the prequels. I thought they were FAR too harsh and it sort of became what they were most known for. In the end that is there persona and good on them, but for that I strongly disagree. In regards to Exorcist 3 I HIGHLY agree! 1 of them isn't a fan of John Carpenter's Escape From New York and LA and I strongly disagree with them on that too. I still love watching their stuff and find it very funny.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

One of my favorite films of all time. I have lots of fond memories of watching this with friends, high as shit.

This is the reason Peter Jackson put him in LOTR. brad dourif's a legend.

You NEED to watch it. Along with Psycho 2, it's one of the most underrated sequels of all time. And it has easily the best scare scene of any film I've ever seen!

Yeah you weren't kidding. I hate cheap jump scares but that scene is masterfully done. Well earned, well executed.. Great scene..

Can't believe I didn't know how good this movie is until now

MacReady13

Yeah you weren't kidding. I hate cheap jump scares but that scene is masterfully done. Well earned, well executed.. Great scene..

Can't believe I didn't know how good this movie is until now

I hadn't heard much about Exorcist 3 (I was only around 10 when it was released here in Australia) and so it took me years to finally watch it. Obviously the 3rd film in a franchise that consists of my fav and scariest horror film of all time, and also contains one of the worst sequels of all time, really didn't give me much hope for this film being any good. It also received a very muted reception upon release...
Boy was I wrong! And it amazes me to this very day how it still has only found a small audience of admirers who will praise it all day long, yet it will never achieve mainstream recognition that it deserves.

And please everyone, give Psycho 2 a go. Another under-appreciated horror classic that masterfully follows up probably the 2nd best horror film of all time!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I thought Scott's acting in 3 was terribly stiff. His reaction to the demon and things happening around are really disjointed

You NEED to watch it. Along with Psycho 2, it's one of the most underrated sequels of all time. And it has easily the best scare scene of any film I've ever seen!
Just got around to watching it last night. I don't really fall for jump scares but that got me. I had seen a gif of it a while ago but always thought it was from Halloween II.

And what a murder weapon. Makes me want to see how an adaptation of Clocktower would pan out.

I liked Salvation as well

I think Dark Fate is okay. I don’t think it’s as “woke” as some people claim it is. There’s two scenes that maybe go a little overboard.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If you like T2 you will like Dark Fate. Because its the same movie, just half as good. But half as good as T2 is still decent lol

They even got Guitars and Cadillacs in the movie. Its total fan service.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Good stuff. I would watch Mike’s “John Conner creates Skynet” movie in a heartbeat.

LOL at them bringing back Edward Furlong, but only the young version, and then kill him in the first scene. Damn that’s some cold shit

Top Bottom