• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie and Miyamoto to Host Pre-E3 Presentation, unknown if livestreamed

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34121

Let your bodies remain ready.

Before the E3 show floor opens, Reggie Fils-Aime and Shigeru Miyamoto will host a presentation to the media prior to E3.

Previously, Nintendo had announced that it would not be holding its regular, worldwide-focused pre-E3 press conference, instead hosting two smaller presentations, and using the expo to focus on upcoming software for North America. Despite this, Nintendo still plans on letting everyone know exactly what games are going to be on the show floor.

Nintendo will be holding the presentation on Tuesday morning, before the floor will be open up for all. After the presentation is concluded, the press members will be able to try the new software before everybody else. It is unsure at the time of writing if the presentation will be viewable for the public as well.

Papytendo

1367182573225_zps0e38cc8d.png

OH GOD HERE IT COEMS

yes I posted it in another thread, it still applies

Rubius

So wait, they will reveal the games before the games are revealed?
Isnt that like going to your friend and say "You will be surprised tonight" before is Surprise Party?

I prefer being surprised by a giant screen of WHAT than "Hey, we will show you Super Mario Galaxy tomorrow"

Kade

Didn't they already say they were going to do smaller press briefings instead of one big presentation?

Khrno

So wait, they will reveal the games before the games are revealed?
Isnt that like going to your friend and say "You will be surprised tonight" before is Surprise Party?

I prefer being surprised by a giant screen of WHAT than "Hey, we will show you Super Mario Galaxy tomorrow"

No, they will tell the press: "We will show Super Mario Galaxy tomorrow, and you guys can try it out right now".

nekomix

As expected to those who had reading comprehension. Announcements for press by little conferences, announcements for us via Nintendo Directs, both will have the same information at the end.

Meelow

Banned
E3 Dates and Times
Ubisoft: June 10 - 3PM
EA: June 10 - 1PM
Microsoft: June 10 - 9:30AM
Sony: June 10 - 6PM
Nintendo: June 11 - 9:30?

And now, our body's can be ready for E3!

Hmm, so more than just a Nintendo Direct, after all. Curious how this will be revealed to the general public, then.

It probably won't be.

Reggie and Miyamoto will probably host this press-only event, while Iwata presents on Nintendo Direct for the general audience.

Rubius

No, they will tell the press: "We will show Super Mario Galaxy tomorrow, and you guys can try it out right now".

So its pretty much a reveal before the reveal which make the reveal useless outside of putting them in a sideshow.
I would prefer a Nintendo Direct than a E3 show at this point.

Kouriozan

As expected to those who had reading comprehension. Announcements for press, announcements for us via Nintendo Directs, both will have the same information at the end.

But we won't have 10 min footage of the same game for "our conference".
Those are really boring.

zruben

Banned
fuck this shit, I'll just watch a summary on the evening, I'm not boarding the hype train anymore.

I just need a list of games, release dates and trailers on youtube.

gngf123

How is it that whatever Nintendo does it ends up being confusing?

Because people seem to be incapable of reading.

Nintendo said from the start that they were going to do media events, Directs, and E3 live demos. I have no idea how the whole "Nintendo aren't at E3?" thing even started,

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Doubt it, those games will probably already been unveiled in a Nintendo Direct beforehand...

Nintendo: Confusing everyone since forever.

If people would've actually read the Iwata quote, there would be no confusion:

No big conference, instead:

- Nintendo Direct for Fans on the Net
- Presentation for the Media (not streamed)
- Retailer centric presentation

This is the second one, the media only event, that is hosted by Reggie and Shiggy, with Demos and shit.

Pikma

Banned
I expected this since the moment they announced their E3 changes, but still, I don't understand shit.

Why change something... to end up keepining it the same, but different, but almost the same?

DaBoss

Maybe we'll have the E3 Nintendo Direct at the same time and this press conference won't be livestreamed.

Yea, this is the conclusion I've come to now that I've read it again. I guess they are going to do what they did at the last 3DS direct regularly.

RagnarokX

So they are not holding a E3 presentation but they are?

They never said they aren't having a conference; they said they aren't having a single big conference like they usually do. They're breaking the big conference up into smaller conferences dedicated to the 3 audiences they are attempting to reach. At the time they normally have their 1 conference they will have three simultaneously; one will be dedicated to distributors, one will be dedicated to the press, and one will be dedicated to gamers. This way they can tailor the conferences to the interests of the relevant viewers and avoid frustration and misinformation.

UberTag

Maybe we'll have the E3 Nintendo Direct at the same time and this press conference won't be livestreamed.
That's what I suspect. Nintendo has been saying all along they would be doing a presentation for the media and one for retailers and neither would be available to the public.

We get Directs instead.

Khrno

So its pretty much a reveal before the reveal which make the reveal useless outside of putting them in a sideshow.
I would prefer a Nintendo Direct than a E3 show at this point.

There's no big E3 reveal, there will be a booth with games and people that go to the E3 will get to play them, see the trailers in the screens.

The press will be given a presentation which will probably be more in-depth than the Nintendo Directs, and we'll get more information out of them thanks to that, than just from Iwata on the ND.

gngf123

Make up your mind, Nintendo.

They did. This is a continuation of their previous announcement, not a reversal.

This is the second one, the media only event, that is hosted by Reggie and Shiggy, with Demos and shit.

Just tell us when we fans will be able to see stuff Nintendo, that's all I ask. I don't give two shits when the press will be able to see stuff.

Date and time.

Date and time!

I expected this since the moment they announced their E3 changes, but still, I don't understand shit.

Why change something... to end up keepining it the same, but different, but almost the same?

Because this option is much cheaper while allowing them the flexibility to change their message based on the intended audience.

Iwata should be at E3... I love Shiggy, but he's terrible in front of a crowd. For god's sake he wouldn't even throw the pikmin doll to the crowd!

Also Trinen > Reggie.

nekomix

This. And I thought GAF was the elite :-(

Khrno

Doubt it, those games will probably already been unveiled in a Nintendo Direct beforehand...

And what does it matter if they've already had a ND unveiling those games? If they don't have a hands-on presentation prior to the E3 week, then that will be the day when the press get to try out those games shown on the ND.

Anyway, regardless what is shown, or when is shown on ND, that will be the time for the press to get more detailed information about the games and to play them. It's the same, I don't even know what are you arguing about.

Top Bottom