• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie: Nintendo will have a big E3 this year.

Mik2121

Gonna be a while for Animal Crossing Switch. New Leaf just got a big update and the mobile game will be released soon.
Yeah, was thinking that. I can do with the mobile version if it's not too barebones and even better if it eventually connects to the Switch version.

Nairume

Banned
They will never do this. The Nintendo Direct/Treehouse Live format has worked too well for them to abandon it.
Not to mention them going back to live conferences means we'll be back to people whining about them spending time going over sales talk because they forget that those conferences are for more than just gamers.

Fire Emblem Warriors
and to reopen that can of worms, they are still saying Xenoblade 2 is planned for this year
I could see FE Warriors being an August or September title, similar to Hyrule Warriors. They seem confident about Xenoblade 2, and honestly they would know more than we would. This isn't like Atlus insisting 2016 for Persona 5.

Menitta

I haven't been this excited for an E3 in a while. Even in general, I can't think of many games past 2017. Hopefully this year delivers.

Edit: I'll be livid if they don't announce Retro's game.

mindsale

Their studios HAVE to have been doing something the past four years. Maybe this is the year they actually release product.

I just want a release date on Xenoblade 2.

kennyamr

I'm really looking forward to this E3. As always Sony will do a fantastic job but I'm very intrigued by what Microsoft will do with their new project and also of course by what Nintendo will bring to the Switch.

Zelda is amazing. My second favorite game ever, so I'm very pleased with my Switch purchase. Having said that, I wonder what else I will be able to play this and the upcoming year. I want to know more about the online paid service and also I need more info about the Virtual Console coming to the Switch.

This will be a great E3.

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
Fire Emblem Warriors
and to reopen that can of worms, they are still saying Xenoblade 2 is planned for this year

You're right, I completely forgot about those- still, those are likely coming late fall, skipping those precious summer months. An E3 full of things coming in the immediate future, possibly with a big game or two a month, is not at all far-fetched.

So this is the last possible time we can expect the Mother 3 rumor to be announced right? Leakers really love beating on it.
I mean, there is no reason why now would be the last possible time for that. They either want to do it and are getting a localization together, which takes time, or they aren't interested at all and it'll never happen. I don't think the likelihood of it happening decreases if we don't see it this E3. The likelihood of it being real was always very low anyway.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Their studios HAVE to have been doing something the past four years. Maybe this is the year they actually release product.

I just want a release date on Xenoblade 2.
....are you saying nintendo devs havent been making games for wii u or 3ds for 4 years....

You're right, I completely forgot about those- still, those are likely coming late fall, skipping those precious summer months. An E3 full of things coming in the immediate future, possibly with a big game or two a month, is not at all far-fetched.
Xenoblade is likely late Fall or Winter, but not FE Warriors. You can bet on that being an August/September game.

Fat4all

Banned
get-your-shine-on-o.gif

get-your-shine-on-o.gif

get-your-shine-on-o.gif

Speely

Banned
E3 2017 is gonna be bonkers. You have Sony in fucking BEAST mode, MS pushing the Scorpio launch games, and Ninty doing all they can to push their new platform, complete with at least 2 GOTY contenders (2 is being conservative.)

It's going to be a great E3.

ggx2ac

I imagine it will be good, but I don't want to raise my expectations.

I mean, it'd be nice to hear some announcements from Japanese third parties but who knows what will happen.

E3 2017 is gonna be bonkers. You have Sony in fucking BEAST mode, MS pushing the Scorpio launch games, and Ninty doing all they can to push their new platform, complete with at least 2 GOTY contenders (2 is being conservative.)

It's going to be a great E3.
Yep, yep. Great times.

We might also see a Tank Troopers-level game for 3DS, though honestly I hope they don't bother doing anymore games like that for 3DS seeing how Tank Troopers bombed hard. Theyou should move those small, downloadable titles to Switch. The Switch eshop needs it. Hopefully we get the third box boy game in NA first though.

Malus

After revealing Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, and Mario Odyssey in January if they were to actually have a good E3 this year with some exciting new announcements this would easily be the most fun I''ll have had following Nintendo. Nevermind getting Zelda sandwiched between these events.

Though the only big new game I can imagine being announced is whatever Retro's working on. Total wildcard.

Spinluck

I hope it's not a Direct... Keep that crap outside of E3. Give me a live show with people in there getting all excited for them.

Exciting announcements are exciting announcements, I don't need people in an audience cheering to get hyped for a game. Directs work fine.

They are straight to the point, and all about about the games. No sales talk, and all that extra bullshit fluff that conferences come with.

Top Bottom