• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie to Hand Out Wii in NYC

AMN said:
Reggie will give you Wii, personally, in NYC on November 19 at midnight.

In an interview with ABC, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime revealed that he will be on-hand in New York City at midnight on November 19 to hand over the very first purchased Nintendo Wii consoles.

Fils-Aime did not say where in New York fans can line-up to receive their Wii from the man himself, but it is likely he will be at the Nintendo World Store, which is located in Rockefeller Center.

Wii launches November 19, 2006 for $249.99.

Unbelievable. I must begin to think that Reggie has nothing better to do this day. Thanks to AMN.

Maybe the reason he's not playing the hell out of his new Wii is because he's probably had one for years, and has already beaten every game that will be released for it.

I actually just had an interview over at NWS. It's really an awesome opportunity and I hope that on Wii launch I'm helping Reggie hand out Wiis rather than getting one from him.

Prays that no one from NWS reads GAF

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Maybe I'll go.

Then again, standing in line at midnight at the world store surrounded by Reggie worshippers is pretty high up on my things to avoid list.

HomShaBom

Banned
There will be sweet tea.
SweetTea.jpg

threeball

Banned
Ronin said:
This picture depresses me.

It makes me ashamed to be a Nintendo fan sometimes when I see that. However it makes me feel better knowing that I do not look, act, or behave anything like them.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
HowardMoon said:

I wonder if marketing execs at companies like Nintendo really believe that this is an accurate snapshot of their "hardcore" market. That really is disconcerting if you ask me.

Can you imagine the Nintendo company lurkers in this board just figures that is the make-up of all of us? I've met a bunch of people who do that kind of stuff for a living, that are hired by major companies, that I interact with fairly often with my job... it kind of scares me.

aparisi2274

I am not sure its gonna be at NWS... When I was there I asked them if they were doing anything big, and they said probably not, because TRU down the block in TImes Sq was having a big launch...

Who knows!!

mj1108

aparisi2274 said:
I am not sure its gonna be at NWS... When I was there I asked them if they were doing anything big, and they said probably not, because TRU down the block in TImes Sq was having a big launch...

Who knows!!

So Reggie could be handling Wii's at TRU??

*cue Dateline NBC*

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I kinda hope it's NOT at the NWS. I want a small, quiet launch so that I can line up, get my preordered system, and go home with a min. of fuss.

John Harker

Mejilan said:
I kinda hope it's NOT at the NWS. I want a small, quiet launch so that I can line up, get my preordered system, and go home with a min. of fuss.

Really? I'll be there, I'd kinda prefer a big spectacle. I imagine having to stand in the street for 2-3 hours... I'd rather have something else to see and do then uh, talk to the people in the above photo waiting on line.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
John Harker said:
Really? I'll be there, I'd kinda prefer a big spectacle. I imagine having to stand in the street for 2-3 hours... I'd rather have something else to see and do then uh, talk to the people in the above photo waiting on line.

I had to stand in the street for what was it, 4-5 hours for a lame-o DSL event, and that wasn't a new system, just a hardware redesign. No thanks. Oh, and the event was lame-o. Did I mention that?

John Harker

Mejilan said:
I had to stand in the street for what was it, 4-5 hours for a lame-o DSL event, and that wasn't a new system, just a hardware redesign. No thanks. Oh, and the event was lame-o. Did I mention that?

I heard it was pretty lame.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Smiles and Cries said:
these dorks are not from the NY area are they?

please tell me this is the event he did in Seattle or something :(
Yeah that's the Seattle event last December.

All the guys are pretty nerdy but man Jason Alexander wearing a Meatwad beanie always cracks me up.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Smiles and Cries said:
these dorks are not from the NY area are they?

please tell me this is the event he did in Seattle or something :(

That might be Seattle, but when I went to preorder at the NWS... by far the most teen staches I've seen aggregated together in one place.

MrDaravon

Mejilan said:

:lol

So you expect the new Nintendo system midnight launch, at the official Nintendo Store to be a quiet little affair?

:lol

Amir0x said:
i should go to the NYC event and beat up Mejilan for buying Lunar DS

I'll loan you bus money!

Top Bottom