• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie to Hand Out Wii in NYC

rafman400

Zimarooski said:
Maybe the reason he's not playing the hell out of his new Wii is because he's probably had one for years, and has already beaten every game that will be released for it.
maybe he doesn't even like playing video games.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm HOPING for a relatively quiet launch. Hell, they stopped taking preorders after only 3 days! So there's still hope that they'll only get like 100 units or something!

Amir0x said:
i should go to the NYC event and beat up Mejilan for buying Lunar DS

Lunar DS is one of the shittiest RPGs in recent years, but it is by no means the evilest video game I've bought in recent history, full price or otherwise.

yjs666

Smiles and Cries said:
these dorks are not from the NY area are they?

please tell me this is the event he did in Seattle or something :(

You win man! You're not a geek okay?

Give them a break, they're just kids.

Kuroyume

Banned
yjs666 said:
You win man! You're not a geek okay?

Give them a break, they're just kids.

nintendololfc2.jpg

Those are not kids. How many kids do you know who have faint moustaches?

Those are old Nintendo fans.

Amir0x

Banned
Mejilan said:
Lunar DS is one of the shittiest RPGs in recent years, but it is by no means the evilest video game I've bought in recent history, full price or otherwise.

thanks for confirmation that i need to do double duty on the beating! :D

Mejilan

Amir0x said:
thanks for confirmation that i need to do double duty on the beating! :D

I'd love to see you try, 'stache boy! :D

Actually, we could probably sell tickets to the rumble. Pay off our Wiis right then and there. :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Mejilan said:
I'd love to see you try, 'stache boy! :D

Actually, we could probably sell tickets to the rumble. Pay off our Wiis right then and there. :D

Are you going to win? It would be worth it to watch someone whoop his asss....

If not, I think I'll pick up my preorder during the day Sunday :lol

Mejilan

John Harker said:

I'm not very big or strong, but I do have some Israeli army training in me... :D

Amir0x

Banned
John Harker said:

what about you, tough guy. I'm judging a book by its cover and saying I could take you on WHILE i give Mejilan a swirly :D

John Harker

Amir0x said:
what about you, tough guy. I'm judging a book by its cover and saying I could take you on WHILE i give Mejilan a swirly :D

Don't let the 3D googles fool you... Streetfighter Ken's got nuthin' on me.

However... the Mejilan swirly idea sounds interesting...

John Harker

Mejilan said:
I swirly a new 7-11 milkshake flavor or something?

Yea. Tastes a bit like Zelda and Dragon Quest... with a tint of Israeli military training and bad taste in DS games

FnordChan

It's pretty cool of Reggie to be on-hand to hand out purchased Wiis and all, but didn't Yukawa-san roam Akihabara with a pile of Dreamcasts just giving them away to folks when it launched in Japan?

10001759305.jpg

Now, that's style.

FnordChan

masud

Banned
FnordChan said:
It's pretty cool of Reggie to be on-hand to hand out purchased Wiis and all, but didn't Yukawa-san roam Akihabara with a pile of Dreamcasts just giving them away to folks when it launched in Japan?

10001759305.jpg

Now, that's style.

FnordChan
Mem’ries,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?
Mem’ries, may be beautiful and yet
What’s too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
the way we were...

*sobs*

"For you, the day Reggie graced your village and handed out Wiis was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday."

Boerseun

Banned
Conrad Link said:
"For you, the day Reggie graced your village and handed out Wiis was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Sunday."

"There was a mushroom cloud on the horizon. And it struck me as odd. Either way, I did not care, for I was buying pants." (Thinks back...) "Hmm, and such comfortable pants they were."

John Harker

vasuba said:
yeah they hit thier max initial preorders in the first few hours

I think it took a week. I went a couple days after they started and my friend and I reserved 3 in total.

John Harker said:
I think it took a week. I went a couple days after they started and my friend and I reserved 3 in total.
You bastard! I wonder how early I should go line up to ensure a Wii.

Oh, and that Cafe (I forgot the name) across the street starting cracking down on freeloaders coming in to take a Wii, so it won't be as convenient to spend the night there as it was previously.

Mejilan

Hero said:
Wait, did the Nintendo World Store stop taking pre-orders for Wii already?

Wii details were announced on a Thursday, IIRC. NWS started taking preorders on Friday, the next day. I placed my preorder there the following Monday, around 12:30 PM. I returned to the store at 5:30pm, or so, on other business, and asked about preorders. They told me then that they had closed preorders a few hours after I had left.

Rayo

Banned
nintendololfc2.jpg

Every demographic covered. Starting from the kid in the hat going counter clockwise around reggie: mentally handicapped, white x 4, asian, black, european(idk...), german.

also:

equalnb3.png

Uber Player said:
Every demographic covered. Starting from the kid in the hat going counter clockwise around reggie: mentally handicapped, white x 4, asian, black, european(idk...), german.

no wonder they are trying to reach a new demographic, amirite?

dyls

Has anyone posted the interview?

If not, here it is.

Nothing too exciting, although it's always fun to see Reggie interact with normal people. Softball questions obviously, but it gets the point across.

edit: just saw the other thread about this. wonder why didn't show up in my search.

Top Bottom