• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

Re_Logo.png

Developer: Dontnod Entertainment
Publisher: Capcom
Genre: Single-Player, Action-Adventure
Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
Release Dates: NA – June 4, 2013
EU – June 7, 2013

RM_Story_Banner.jpg

“The game is set in Paris in the year 2084[Interesting year to pick, don't you think?]. In this game, you control a heroine (Nilin) whose memory has been erased, and is being hunted down - without knowing why.

In Remember Me's future, everybody has a brain implant that makes it possible to delete, trade or exchange their own memories, controlled by a corporation called Memoreyes. A group of underground activists, The Errorists, is fighting against this control.

Personal memories can now be digitized, bought, sold and traded. The last remnants of privacy and intimacy have been swept away in what appears to be a logical progression of the explosive growth of social networks at the beginning of the 21st century. The citizens themselves have accepted this surveillance society in exchange for the comfort only smart technology can provide. This memory economy gives immense power over society to just a handful of people.”

RM_Character_Banner.jpg

Nilin
"She is a former elite memory hunter with the ability to break into people's minds and steal or even alter their memories. The authorities, fearful of her knowledge and capabilities ave arrested Nilin and wiped her memory clean. After her escape from prison, Nilin sets our on a mission to recover her identity, helped by her last and only friend. This search for her past leads to her being hunted by the very people that created this surveillance society. During the course of the story, Nilin will start remember who she was and re-learn all the fighting moves that made her one of the world's leading memory hunters."

Edge

2470714-untitled.png

Nilin's guide over the course of the game.

RM_Gameplay_Banner.jpg

“Remember Me features exploration, platforming, stealth, and melee combat. The game introduces the mechanic of 'memory remixing': entering and rearranging a target's memories to manipulate them. Players accomplish this by replaying a memory and modifying details to change the target's recollection of the outcome. Another key mechanic of gameplay is stealing memories from specific targets and using points called Remembranes to replay the memory in real-time: this is often needed to proceed through the game or avoid hazards otherwise hidden from the player. When the player is low on health, the screen will glitch until a sufficient amount of health is regained.”

“In terms of combat, the game will allow players to create and customize their own move combos in the Combo Lab, which uses four families of fighting moves called Pressens that players can reorganize by creating chains, earned through gaining PMP (Procedural Mastering Power), with a limit of four combos being active at any one time. The four Pressen families are:”

"Regen" (healing but low damage)
"Power" (more damage and finishers)
"Chain" (duplication and doubling of previous moves and their effects, i.e. 2/3x Power, Regen, etc.)
"Cooldown" (reduces the cooldown of all S-Pressen techniques but low damage).

“S-Pressens are unique moves players can use similar to regular Pressens. S-Pressens, however, are not directly linked to the Combo Lab and cannot be placed in combo chains. In order to use S-Pressens, players must perform several successful combos to build up their "Focus" resource, which grows every time Nilin hits or is hit by enemies.

There are 5 S-Pressens in Remember Me, all unlocked throughout the story.”

RM_Media_Banner.jpg

Remember Me Journal
Announcement Trailer
Memory Remix Gameplay
Gamescom Segment
New York Comic-Con
Kid X-Mas
Pre-Order so that you can SHOOOORYUKEN!
Behind the Music
Combo Lab Walkthrough

Shamelessly plugging the soundtrack again.
No matter how good/bad this game will be, the OST is going to be something special.

Everyone should give it a listen:

The Fight
Nilin the Hunter
Memory Reconstruction
Hope
Remember Your Childhood

Composed by Olivier Deriviere. He did the OST for games such as the Alone in the Dark remake and the Obscure series. Many samples and complete soundtracks can be found on his SoundCloud page.

Exclusive-fighting-moves-Remember-Me-pre-order-bonuses.jpg

RM_FAQ_Banner.jpg

Coming as requested.

RM_Avatar_Banner.jpg

Coming Soon.

RM_Question_Banner.jpg

A male Indian name that means "Flower". The more you know, GAF. The more you know.

The_Monk

Clever OT fellow GAFfer!

I like the art style of this game and the setting seems interesting enough to be honest. Either way I'm happy to see something new and something a bit different.

Hoping the Story delivers.

Ikkarus

From what I saw from a few videos this looked pretty decent. Sadly Capcom decided to do no advertising on this at all so it will no doubt flop.

MNC

I want to love this for the setting.

Did I read somewhere there were only 6-8 of those memory changes in the whole game?

katkombat

Banned
I want!

but...capcpom...

nonexistent marketing! my favorite!

well dragons dogma sold well enough without much marketing

Tnetennba

Man, I've been interested in this since they first showed it off. It seems a shame that it's just going to pass with barely a whisper by the looks of things. Either way I'll be picking up the PC version so here's hoping it's a decent port.

Lol, in the Animal Crossing thread I mentioned there was a game coming out on the 4th I kind of wanted but couldn't remember the name of. *giggles*

Will probably get this on the PC for the art, hope it's decent. Nice op.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Nice OP, I hope this sells well, seems like an awesome concept.

Lets buy this on principle, guys!
/sarcasm

But really, it looks like nice game.

Brokun

Despite the GAF hate, I'm all in on this game. Preordered it a while ago. There is time to hate on it after I've played it, y'know?

llehuty

I hope I can add this to the list of unexpectedly awesome adventure games with a female protagonist.
Beyond Good & Evil, Mirror's Edge

Yawnier

Banned
I've hardly seen anybody talk about this game, which sucks since it actually looks alright and seeing as there really aren't that many newer/modern games in the Cyberpunk genre out there right now.

The Errorists? That's a really dumb name. Still gonna give this game a shot though. The setting and main character make it look interesting.

Einbroch

Banned
I always look forward to these "B-tier" games because a lot of them really surprise me and are fantastic.

See: Sleeping Dogs.

Mileena

Banned
I'll look for this cheap in the summer/winter Steam sales. Even if it ends up not a good game I'm sure there will be some great mods.

Remember Me |OT| Remembuh me?

rememberme.gif

This took way too long.

Anyway, I'm moderately hyped. Will wait for the reviews, though.

I've seen this pop up in threads for this game, a good couple of times. I don't get the connection to, other than it's another Capcom game. Am i missing a joke?

I believe it's from Metroid: Other M. Anyway, the joke is that in that game he opens up his visor and says 'remembah me?' with that stupid grin on his face.

EDIT: oh, it seems there is more behind it: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/remember-me-mbd

kami_sama

I've seen this pop up in threads for this game, a good couple of times. I don't get the connection to, other than it's another Capcom game. Am i missing a joke?
WTF, a capcom game? The gif is from Metroid Other M.
The character says "Remember me?" in the scene.

Top Bottom