• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER the dArk knight rises UnmaRked spOileR threAd | You only legend once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Honestly he wasn't trying to kill her and when it comes down to it he could take one life and save millions.
That's the conundrum comic book Joker always presents him with, and the one he always refutes.

Though I am not saying Nolan-Bats should be exactly the same.

firen

Despite my complaints I feel really satisfied with the ending. I can nitpick here and there but it was still a strong way to go out, even if a few of the themes don't seem perfectly wrapped up.

I'm just sad it's over. No more (at least as far as we know) Bale as Batman. =|

Gila

Yeah we didn't get Superman or Bond, that shit pissed me off. Plus the first half of our movie was fucking bass exploded, we literally couldn't hear shit when Bane was talking.

-1 for our IMAX theatre yesterday (I dunno if it is even them I should be blaming)

That's the conundrum comic book Joker always presents him with, and the one he always refutes.

Though I am not saying Nolan-Bats should be exactly the same.

Yeah I understand. I don't feel like he is directly responsible for her death though. She refused to yield and wanted to be a martyr for her cause. Plus Jim Gordon just walked out of the truck. She should have been wearing a seatbelt or wedged against an atomic bomb for safety.

That's pretty fucking lame since what they showed at Comic-con looked pretty awesome.

The actual teaser is pretty fucking lame.

As for Batman killing, I know, he's done it numerous times throughout the films, but it kind of tarnishes the interrogation scene where Batman says he only has one rule, a rule that he seemingly breaks. Perhaps he means intent to kill, which is fine, but it's always been a bit hazy what his code of ethics were.

This is pretty clearly the Nolan trilogy's Return of the Jedi. A final film with some nice highs, but some very big lows and about a lot of excruciating downtime that never really goes anywhere. It wouldn't be bad on its own, but compared to its predecessor it seems like quite a letdown.

Yeah I agree. The last 20 min is fantastic but it can in no way make up for the boring as hell 2 hours and 20 that it takes to reach it.

Did anyone else feel the action scenes were just slow?
The one part where the police had Batman cornered and he shoots the tow truck and rides up it on the the other freeway honestly had batman look like he was going 15mph.

You know its bad when Catwoman's fight scenes are always put together better anything Nolan has Batman do.

That's pretty fucking lame since what they showed at Comic-con looked pretty awesome.

Really? Thats good to know cause that teaser did nothing for me.
Also how dumb does a director have to be to make a iconic song from another movie be the opening song for the Teaser. The whole time I couldn't stop thinking wtf is LOTR doing in Superman.

D-Stubbs

First let me say that I loved the movie but one thing that irks me is how Bane is supposedly killed at the end. Is he dead? Like they reveal Talia and all that then before Bane can kill Batman boom Catwoman shows up and blows him away just like that. Do you even see Bane's body after that? Like I said I loved the film but man that part bugged me.

Robin was pretty obvious, I avoided trailers, and even though I should have, I never really pieced the Talia thing together in my mind, but when it actually happened, I was like "Oh, yeah, that makes more sense." lol

lol same here. Enjoyed the plot twist even though the moment she stabbed Bats I was like "oh come on"... I thought they shoehorned it in until they revealed it was Talia and all the small clues they flashbacked to that I did notice but disregarded because of the other plot holes in the film

That and them bringing it full circle with BB made me walk away happy.

First let me say that I loved the movie but one thing that irks me is how Bane is supposedly killed at the end. Is he dead? Like they reveal Talia and all that then before Bane can kill Batman boom Catwoman shows up and blows him away just like that. Do you even see Bane's body after that? Like I said I loved the film but man that part bugged me.

We never saw Ra's body either...It is safe to say Bane is dead. He got shot by a rocket.

firen

The question is, do you think they will ever be able to top this trilogy when they inevitably reboot it?

I don't think they have to. Batman Begins had to live up to Burton's Batman, which at the time was the pinacle of Batman movies, but Nolan wasn't trying to top what Burton did. Whenever we get the reboot, I just want to see another take on the universe. Which is the reason I was so disappointed by Amazing Spider-Man.

I don't know why I keep bringing Spider-Man up. =\

I forgot, did you midnight guys have the Superman trailer? Was expecting that and a new Skyfall, got neither for the trilogy showing.

Just saw a regular midnight showing, and none to either of those. We got a trailer for The Campaign, Bourne Legacy, and a few others I'm completely blanking out on right now lol

Tookay

Yeah I agree. The last 20 min is fantastic but it can in no way make up for the boring as hell 2 hours and 20 that it takes to reach it.

The one part where the police had Batman cornered and he shoots the tow truck and rides up it on the the other freeway honestly had batman look like he was going 15mph.

You know its bad when Catwoman's fight scenes are always put together better anything Nolan has Batman do.

Yes, I felt the same. Though there were some scenes in TDK that were like this as well.

It's weird, but the hand-to-hand fighting was an improvement, but the vehicular action took a step back.

Hm, I know some people mentioned how boring the first half at minimum was (such as BruceLeeroy), but really, at never point did I feel bored. The 2 hours and 40 minutes did actually fly by and I thought the action scenes were a large improvement over TDK. I just wish all the pieces came fully together, it just never quite did. I still enjoyed it though, I'm not really 'hating', but it has plenty of issues.

Batpod looks like it's moving super slow a lot of the time, even in the Dark Knight.

Hm, I know some people mentioned how boring the first half at minimum was (such as BruceLeeroy), but really, at never point did I feel bored. The 2 hours and 40 minutes did actually fly by and I thought the action scenes were a large improvement over TDK. I just wish all the pieces came fully together, it just never quite did. I still enjoyed it though, I'm not really 'hating', but it has plenty of issues.

Yeah, as much as I didn't enjoy it, I don't think I'd call it boring. I guess for people who wanted more Batman, I see why they'd say that. It was how everything pieced together that ruined the movie for me, not boredom.

Ithil

The big twist with Talia is not going to remain hidden for long, unfortunately. Considering how late in the film it comes it being spoiled for people would damage a lot of the rest of the film's impact.

Red

I am not sure what the purpose of pitting the 99% against the world was supposed to mean thematically. About halfway that thread sort of unravels. It actually made me uncomfortable in a few scenes.

First 40 was really important, because it really made me feel uneasy about what's going to happen in this film. 8 years is a long time, and he couldn't even walk. So, the whole time, I was wondering "How is he going to become Batman again?" We had to see how far he had fallen, to make his eventual triumph all the more spectacular.

artist

Banned
The question is, do you think they will ever be able to top this trilogy when they inevitably reboot it?
tumblr_m6pwdj188w1qefn6co1_400.gif

I haven't thought much of any of the vehicular chase scenes in the Nolan Batman films. They're not particularly exciting or thrilling. The truck flip in TDK was cool, though!

First 40 was really important, because it really made me feel uneasy about what's going to happen in this film. 8 years is a long time, and he couldn't even walk. So, the whole time, I was wondering "How is he going to become Batman again?" We had to see how far he had fallen, to make his eventual triumph all the more spectacular.

Other than some tonal issues, I enjoyed the first act a lot. The film's flaws I find comes from bringing all the pieces together.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Hmm.. It was aight. Dark Knight is in a league of its own though.

I haven't thought much of any of the vehicular chase scenes in the Nolan Batman films. They're not particularly exciting or thrilling. The truck flip in TDK was cool, though!

I liked them, even here. I think that first scene with Batman may have been my favorite in the movie. But, it's always bugged me how slow the Batpod is. It seemed a bit better to me in this one though then in Knight. Ther are times in Knight where it seems like you could outrun him on foot.

I think people expected the same effortless pacing of TDK

I too noticed the unevenness of TDKR but I too was never bored. Just wish the action/chase sequences had more bite to them

Catwoman's fights had to of been shot by a 2nd unit director or something.

artist

Banned
What was with scar on Talia's back when they were at the fireplace?
From her time in the pit.

You couldnt be more wrong. Bane vs Batman in sewers and in the daylight at the finale were the highlights.

Tookay

The big twist with Talia is not going to remain hidden for long, unfortunately. Considering how late in the film it comes it being spoiled for people would damage a lot of the rest of the film's impact.

Arguably, it hasn't been hidden since August 2011. They filmed it out in the open, and there were a bunch of set pictures. It's good that a lot of the internet managed to avoid it, though.

Yeah I'm just gonna assume he died. To cap Bane off like that though was pretty anti-climatic.

Seeing as in the previous scene you saw her absolutely demolish a pile of cars by shooting them with the pod, I would say Bane died. He should have been blown to little tiny pieces, but that would have been a little hardcore for a Batman movie.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
From her time in the pit.

You couldnt be more wrong. Bane vs Batman in sewers and in the daylight at the finale were the highlights.

I thought the second fight was weak, mostly becasue I didn't really buy him physically beating Bane. Training montage in prison or not, I was expecting Batman to have to outsmart Bane, not out muscle him.

The first fight in the sewers was brilliant though.

artist

Banned
Thank you! I don't get the Alfred criticism either. Alfred is going to be in the know about all of Batman's stuff. And some people laughing when he's explaining the Ra's training, really? You don't think that in the 10 years that have passed, Bruce NEVER talked to Alfred about his training with Ra's and what he went through? C'mon people.
I guess some people wanted EVERYTHING explained and yet there are groups that wanted less exposition.

There isnt a perfect film and there wont be, there will always be critiques

I thought the second fight was weak, mostly becasue I didn't really buy him physically beating Bane. Training montage in prison or not, I was expecting Batman to have to outsmart Bane, not out muscle him.
The point when Bane goes berserk after getting his mask broken is brutal. It could feel all of his swings, even though he keeps missing. Felt great.

Tookay

I liked them, even here. I think that first scene with Batman may have been my favorite in the movie. But, it's always bugged me how slow the Batpod is. It seemed a bit better to me in this one though then in Knight. Ther are times in Knight where it seems like you could outrun him on foot.

I liked the chase scenes, but they didn't have much... omph for me.

The first fight in the sewers was brilliant though.
He went straight for the mask this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom