• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER the dArk knight rises UnmaRked spOileR threAd | You only legend once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Bane was straight up punching through concrete pillars! But by that point, Bruce was done fucking around. Straight up breaking his hands punching Bane in the mask.

I actually don't really have a promise with Bane's death. We've already seen that Batman could defeat him, and it was probably the most significant way they could show Selina's redemption.

Dead

well not really...yet
Actually, the Bane scene that I put on top of all Joker scenes...

When he is just pounding the FUCK out of Bats' skull and cracks his mask.

Scary as hell, cringe inducing and insane

Almost. The interrogation scene with Joker is still unmatched for me. That sick sense of dread creeping into the scene as you realize he has made Batman absolutely powerless and undone with no kind of physical force.

"You have nothing to threaten me with...nothing to do with all your strength..."

Bane's fight was great, but Joker kicked Batman's ass without even laying a finger on him.

Bane was straight up punching through concrete pillars! But by that point, Bruce was done fucking around. Straight up breaking his hands punching Bane in the mask.

Concrete ain't shit in TDKR. Bruce kicks a chunk out the wall in the Batcave testing the knee brace.

Red

Almost. The interrogation scene with Joker is still unmatched for me. That sick sense of dread creeping into the scene as you realize he has made Batman absolutely powerless and undone with no kind of physical force.

Yeah. Daggett calls Bane "pure evil," but in my mind nothing can surpass Nolan's Joker as the embodiment of evil in this particular Batverse. Bane had a goal, evil or not, he had a plan and believed he was doing something for the overall good (I am not sure exactly what his plan was! but he goes on about the League of Shadows, so I am guessing it's something in line with them). The Joker kills and destroys because it's fun, no goal in mind except to injure and corrupt.

That interrogation scene is one of the best in cinema, just so damn perfect.

Bane must have been saving those lines for years for that very moment.

I can see him in his little bunker with his pen and pad like 8 Mile thinking of awesome lines to say when he finally defeats Batman.
He's had the "But we are initiated, aren't we?" ready since Bruce killed Ra's.

I think while Bane's end was disappointing, his best scenes stand easily with the Joker's best ones.
I really loved the way Bane went out, though. :lol Batman wasn't going to kill him, and the notion of him going to jail is absurd, so might as well go for a fist-bump awesome death!

DMczaf

Yeah, that was kinda crazy the way they showed that. PG-13!

watershed

Banned
Was the score too loud in anyone else's theater? There were some points where I couldn't hear the dialogue (at it seemed like important stuff) because the score was pounding.

Ithil

Each of the film's had a scene like that where Batman is rendered completely helpless by a villain, and they're all great, but totally different. Scarecrow gassing him and lighting him on fire (still one of the more impressive holy shit moments for the trilogy), the Joker's interrogation, and of course, Bane destroying Batman.

Thank god these films aren't "Part 1 2 and 3" or "Batman, Batman Sequel and Batman Sequel Sequel" like a lot of superhero films that keep the same look and formula as the previous ones.

Solo

That shot of the reclusive Bruce's silhouette against the night sky at the Harvey Dent event.......I said GODDAMN.

midonnay

I'd say about 15-20% of the lines were lost on me, but that wasn't exclusive to Bane. I missed a couple lines that Gordon said too at some point. Certain sounds drowned out some of the dialogue.

I understood most of it.....but at least it was better than zero in the sneak peek.

"You have nothing to threaten me with...nothing to do with all your strength..."

Bane's fight was great, but Joker kicked Batman's ass without even laying a finger on him.

For reals. And everything Batman does to Joker only make Joker enjoy it more. It strengthens Joker.

Fuck it would have been funny if in releasing all the prisoners under the Dent act, Bane accidentally released the Joker and then everybody got their shit fucked up.

JB1981

Seriously I was NOT expecting that at all. Holy shit I almost cried. This movie is not for kids I can tell u that

I loved it when Bruce stepped into the cage and he turned around to Selina "you've made a huge mistake" the lighting in his eyes sold it. He was afraid

Kellen

I thought it was pretty good.

JGL and Anne were good. Bane was my favorite part especially when he's delivering the beating to Bruce. Talia's "twist" was predictable. Not sure how I felt about Alfred seeing Bruce at the end.

Still had quite a bit of fun watching though (minus the guy ramming his chair into my knees because he was geeking out.)

Red

For reals. And everything Batman does to Joker only make Joker enjoy it more. It strengthens Joker.

Fuck it would have been funny if in releasing all the prisoners under the Dent act, Bane accidentally released the Joker and then everybody got their shit fucked up.

Batman couldn't win against the Joker, that was the thing. Every time he hit the Joker, he was giving in.

I have said it before, but I think how Daggett eeps out "You're pure evil" at the end really ruins the scene.
Daggett sucks.

That shot of the reclusive Bruce's silhouette against the night sky at the Harvey Dent event.......I said GODDAMN.

That's what gave me Bruce = Gatsby vibes. I loved it.

And yes, of course I noticed the obvious Hughes references. But I loved that they turned Bruce Wayne into Gatsby. This enigma of a man.

Immediately made me think of the Great Gatsby and the parties that Gatsby would throw while watching from afar. I realized that while Gatsby had hope left, Bruce did not have anything left.

Edit:
That's what gave me Bruce = Gatsby vibes. I loved it.

And yes, of course I noticed the obvious Hughes references. But I loved that they turned Bruce Wayne into Gatsby. This enigma of a man.
I guess I type to slow.

Solo

I am listening to it right now. This is great but it keeps reminding me how much better TDK and TDKR could have been.

Seriously. Zimmer and Howard were like a fucking dream team on BB. Zimmer for the epic, bombastic cues and Howard for subtle, evocative, emotional cues. It will eternally be a tragedy that they couldn't keep that relationship going.

That rating lost all meaning once Peter Jackson started decapitating Orcs in LOTR.

When there's enough money to be made, people will let the ratings go. I was re-watching Saving Private Ryan the other day, that shit's got more blood, limbs, and entrails then an Italian zombie film. But you gonna slap NC-17 on Spielberg? The same association that invented PG-13 because of one of his movies? Hell no

I obviously knew he'd make the jump, but I was still on the edge of my seat during Bruce's climb from the pit without the rope.
that music....not a single person didn't want to jump out of their seat and fucking fist pump and yELL OHHH HEAYHHHHH COMOENEEE COMEEE ONN YEAHHHHHH

so pumped

Solo

I obviously knew he'd make the jump, but I was still on the edge of my seat during Bruce's climb from the pit without the rope.

I loved how the music swelled, then stopped completely as Bruce jumped, and came back on full blast when he made it, followed to the quick cut of the guy in the cell hearing the cheers letting him know Bruce had made it. Got me so juiced.

Red

When there's enough money to be made, people will let the ratings go. I was re-watching Saving Private Ryan the other day, that shit's got more blood, limbs, and entrails then an Italian zombie film. But you gonna slap NC-17 on Spielberg? The same association that invented PG-13 because of one of his movies? Hell no

Saving Private Ryan is R though, a bit different.

Ithil

Seriously I was NOT expecting that at all. Holy shit I almost cried. This movie is not for kids I can tell u that

I'm glad I never saw this trilogy as a kid. Between the fear toxin images in BB, Joker and Two-Face in TDK, and Bane crushing the hero brutally here, I wouldn't have slept for months.

wetwired

So before I saw this movie I was hoping the next batman movies would be an entirely different take on the series (and I love what nolan has done with them thus far)

But with where it ended with blake being handed the Batcave I kinda wanna see where that goes. I would love to see a more intimate look at blake and what he does with batman\nightwing whatever you call it from here on in. Him coming to terms with the legacy bruce wayne left him and fumbling with all the remnants of tech left in the batcave, no batmobile, no the bat, no batpod. Just him small scale doing the detective thing bruce was doing early on in Batman Begins.

Something less epic in scope, him tracking down a serial killer or something where there's not the whole city or world at stake. The struggle of him being batman while lacking some of the huge resources wayne had at his disposal, surviving on the remnants of gadgets left in the batcave and him knocking up dodgy contraptions himself.

On top of all that would be the city rumours of batman sightings, returned from the grave.

Also now I know why JGL has been strutting around all cocky in all of the pre release press.

Oh, and speaking of Bruce's funeral, I definitely felt a lump in my throat when Alfred was breaking down and telling Bruce's parents he'd failed them. Made that Florence (or wherever) scene very satisfying.

I loved how the music swelled, then stopped completely as Bruce jumped, and came back on full blast when he made it, followed to the quick cut of the guy in the cell hearing the cheers letting him know Bruce had made it. Got me so juiced.

Yea, really liked the cut back.

Seriously. Zimmer and Howard were like a fucking dream team on BB. Zimmer for the epic, bombastic cues and Howard for subtle, evocative, emotional cues. It will eternally be a tragedy that they couldn't keep that relationship going.

Was there a particular reason why?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I think we can all agree that the first Bane fight scene is just the top 3 greatest Nolan scenes straight up. This is just a fact now. He did things you never knew he could do, he did things you never thought of, he did things you never thought he would do, and he made the familiar thrilling, shocking, and fucking terrifying. No one any walks away from that scene with out being in total awe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom