• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remembering the NES Advantage

Chittagong

Gold Member
NES Advantage was awesome - as was its spiritual European successor Super NES ScoreMaster:

nes-scoremaster.jpg

I remember having a little Honeybee Turbo joypad for my master system. Great little thing. Even used it in the anaemic Incredible Hulk game, just flicked the turbo-fire switch when I battled Rhino and Hulk simply went for broke on this poor boss bastard.

Can't find a picture of the damn thing on the internet. Koala stamp and a ten out of ten to the man who does.

I actually saw a speedboard at a thrift store before. The box was about the size of a board game package.

NES Advantage was pretty good. It used to be that you could find some at thrift stores that have lost the metal ball that goes on top of the stick and got replaced with a golf ball.
Most notable use of NES Advantage for me was actually the slow down feature, which rapidly pressed the start button over and over again to pause and unpause so that you can more easily react to things. This didn't work for a lot of games, of course.

AC!D

NES Advantage was cool, but being poor and English I had one of these bad boys for my SEGA Master System:

Master-Joystick.jpg

Okay you had to resort to playing it with your hands the wrong way round and the joystick looks more like a gear lever than a joystick, but I had many fun times playing Alex Kidd with this thing. :_)

m3k

AC!D said:
NES Advantage was cool, but being poor and English I had one of these bad boys for my SEGA Master System:

Master-Joystick.jpg

Okay you had to resort to playing it with your hands the wrong way round and the joystick looks more like a gear lever than a joystick, but I had many fun times playing Alex Kidd with this thing. :_)

25ajjo5.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AC!D said:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/kaede1980/Master-Joystick.jpg

My buddy had one of these and I would cross my hands in order to play with it.

Zing

Banned
The NES Advantage was good in theory, but in reality I did much worse with it than a pad. I personally had the NES Max and loved it.

I really wanted that Asciiware Super Advantage, but I felt they made a huge mistake with the button placement. It was useless.

john tv

I still have mine from back in the day. To be honest, I didn't use it much - very few games benefitted from stick controls. I switched to an NES Max for a while and finally settled on (IMO) the best NES controller ever, which was a Hudson pad that I can't find a pic of right now (sigh).

Best SNES controller was the original ascii Pad :)

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
devildog820 said:
It really was remarkably well designed (especially considering the crappy NES Max). Sturdy and really helped playing some games.
Shut the front door! NES Max was awesome. Best controller for the NES I ever had.

Top Bottom