• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

MrDaravon

Have they put out another patch for the console versions yet? I still have two maxed out characters that are completely broken (as in I literally cannot select them anymore as it freezes the game on the ability select screen pre-load) and looking online I'm still seeing people with all kinds of technical problems.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
2100MB means no play for at least 2 hours fml

Way to handle this release SEGA
LLShC.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yay. Before installing, I'd like to take a moment to thank Sega for finally deeming us worthy of this game. They could have delayed it into 2012, but they didn't, and for that I am thankful.

1-D_FTW

DigiMish said:
Any noticeable improvements in the PC version? Debating whether to get on PSN or Steam...

It's got a Half-Life car in it.

And it had a 4 pack (during the pre-order phase) that made it 7.50 a person. But that deal appears dead now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DigiMish said:
Any noticeable improvements in the PC version? Debating whether to get on PSN or Steam...
Just as hunger is the best spice, delays are the best improvements. It's better because you've waited longer, and you want it more. ENJOY

1-D_FTW

bee said:
http://i.imgur.com/Xzlcq.png[/MG]

gg[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, this is on MS isn't it? The have the most ass backwards way of handling those things known to man. Nothing is backwards compatible. You have to have 20 different versions installed. And each version has 50 different hot fixes downloaded for it.

Just did a clean reinstall on Windows 7 and I boot up at 500 MB of RAM usage. I was logging 1100 from all that crap before I nuked it all. I looked forward to opening more games and loading more crap to bog it down again.

bee

DigiMish said:
LOL. Delete newer version, and install theirs... I guess? Then install the new version again and hope it's all good?

rather finish this film, goto bed and see if its fixed tomorrow, shoddy release to say the least, good job it was only a fiver

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Haunted said:
Thank you SEGA!
We will be releasing DLC later in the month to delay the game further. Please look forward to it.

thetrin

Anyone who's picked up the game already: How's the matchmaking on PC? I primarily want to pick it up for the 4 player.

duckroll

Amazing game. I really like how when you launch it, you get an error message from the Visual C++ installer, and then after that the game
creates a bit of suspense by appearing to start up anyway, only to crash at a black screen.

Really solid effort from Sega and Avalanche Studios and well worth the long delay for "optimization".

Truespeed

duckroll said:
Amazing game. I really like how when you launch it, you get an error message from the Visual C++ installer, and then after that the game
creates a bit of suspense by appearing to start up anyway, only to crash at a black screen.

Really solid effort from Sega and Avalanche Studios and well worth the long delay for "optimization".

You really can't blame Avalanche. I have so many versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable that I've lost count. You would think that the latest version of the C++ redistributable would be backwards compatible and shared by all, but it's just another clusterfuck.

1-D_FTW

1.) I get the error, but if I just hit close, it boots anyways.

2.) Beautiful. 1080P @ 60fps and 460 GTX is hovering in mid 30 percent for utilization. Tons of sparks and so satisfying driving through the buildings. I can see this being a favorite for some mindless, short spurt venting.

3.) Holy crap do I suck at these controls. I have a really hard time steering. I'm constantly driving in circles when I want to go forward.

EDIT: Using a pad. I really don't want to go m&k, but will if I can't adjust to it.

duckroll

Truespeed said:
You really can't blame Avalanche. I have so many versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable that I've lost count. You would think that the latest version of the C++ redistributable would be backwards compatible and shared by all, but it's just another clusterfuck.

I can't blame Avalanche for a game that doesn't work? Who do I blame then?

duckroll said:

Guess I got pretty lucky..I got a redistributable error when I launched, but Windows was able to repair the install. Weird it's just flatout not fixing itself on some machines.

Played through the first mission and the controls definitely take some getting used to. Not so much the regular controls, but if you want to Boost through the levels, it will take some time to master turning while boosting. Starting as Diz, but considering you level up so fast, may try to max out all characters. Number 32 on the Mission 1 leaderboards.

vermadas

I'm getting the black screen crash also. There is a thread on the game's Steam forum with several people reporting the same thing. Argh.

duckroll

I uninstalled all my VC++ redist. I started the game up. This time the redist installed properly with no errors, but that's clearly not the real problem at all, because the game app itself is crashing. Simply doesn't work! FUCK SEGA! Lol.

duckroll said:
I uninstalled all my VC++ redist. I started the game up. This time the redist installed properly with no errors, but that's clearly not the real problem at all, because the game app itself is crashing. Simply doesn't work! FUCK SEGA! Lol.
Sounds about right. lol.

Turfster

Haunted said:
epic troll by sega

They probably made sure that it won't run on duckroll's system specifically.
That's what you get for flying over there and pissing on their lawn, duckroll.
(OhgodIhopeitrunsonmysystem)

Ceebs

duckroll said:
Same issue here.

Sysgen

You guys made me afraid to install this now. Maybe SEGA offers insurance like Gamestop, but you know for your computer instead of the disc.

1-D_FTW

JacksUsername said:
Guess I got pretty lucky..I got a redistributable error when I launched, but Windows was able to repair the install. Weird it's just flatout not fixing itself on some machines.

Played through the first mission and the controls definitely take some getting used to. Not so much the regular controls, but if you want to Boost through the levels, it will take some time to master turning while boosting. Starting as Diz, but considering you level up so fast, may try to max out all characters. Number 32 on the Mission 1 leaderboards.

Yeah. Second time playing went much smoother. As long as I pay attention to which direction the arrow is pointing, I can control things fine. Only lost my mojo once where my brain had disconnect with what the game wanted.

Javaman

Volcynika said:
Got the redistributable error and it ran on my machine fine.
Something similar happened with another steam game (battlefield 2 collection Iirc) with any luck you can rename the installer in the game directory then it won't try to run each time.

Top Bottom