• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:
you are never gonna make anything

ever

I made some sweet renegeade ops gifs when I called it a month ago, but now I'm keeping them to myself. You blew it, Salsa.

legend166

SalsaShark said:
By the way Steam has a ridiculous fourpack going on for $30, basically $7.5 per game. Fuckin bonkers, jump on it.

If you insist.

I had no idea this game existed until this thread. But I'm going to buy it because Just Cause 2 was so great.

I think I only paid $7.50 for Just Cause 2.

Take note publishers - that's what's called brand loyalty. You treat me well, I will purchase your video games.

Edit: I SPOKE TOO SOON. Regional pricing on Steam. I'll still buy it, but not for the gouged price. Any yanks want to include me in a four pack?

GreenmanGaming has it listed for the 23rd just so ya know. Just to add the the confused PC release :). Already have it preordered via a 4 pack I joined a month ago. I cannot wait!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I pre-ordered this through PSN Play and then went ahead to watch the Quick Look.

I was quite impressed.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
$10 or $15?

I really want this game but I don't want to add more points to the 360 and I have 800 sitting in there now.

schick85

Finally an open world top down shooter! This is the game I've been waiting for the most out of all the PSN Play games. Too bad it's got the lowest preorders in out of the four.

Cool...never heard of this. Looks awesome. I love Jackal, the Strike series, and Just Cause 2. From the pics and description I can see the Jackal and to a lesser degree Strike influence...but what part of this game is Just Cause-like?

Also, why is the local multiplayer splitscreen? What's the point of giving each player a screen in a game like this?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
ArachosiA 78 said:
Cool...never heard of this. Looks awesome. I love Jackal, the Strike series, and Just Cause 2. From the pics and description I can see the Jackal and to a lesser degree Strike influence...but what part of this game is Just Cause-like?

Also, why is the local multiplayer splitscreen? What's the point of giving each player a screen in a game like this?
It's not a forced scroller. It's free roam.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
ArachosiA 78 said:

Well, the fact that a good portion of the game is made from re-used Just Cause 2 assets, and that it runs on JC2's engine as well.

Salsa

ArachosiA 78 said:
...but what part of this game is Just Cause-like?

Basically the feel and the look (also part of the free roam) since its the same engine. It looks like overhead-vehicle based Just Cause 2 in a lot of ways.

Well, I just went from not knowing this game even existed 10 minutes ago to suddenly wanting it as much as any of the big holiday games this year.

duckroll

SalsaShark said:
Basically the feel and the look (also part of the free roam) since its the same engine. It looks like overhead-vehicle based Just Cause 2 in a lot of ways.

Huh? What? Are you sure? It better not be the case. I don't want any open world crap. I just want Jackal HD.

Salsa

Its open world in the sense that you can pretty much roam anywhere in each mission

check the quick look

mrwilt

The sound of the machine gun sounds like the one in Just Cause 2. You can hear it during the Quick Look. Struggling whether to get this on Steam or PSN. Maybe both.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
I'm up for joining a Steam 4-pack if anyone has an extry slot. I got to play it a bit in co-op at E3 and it's a lot of fun.

This pre-order was my first purchase on Green Man Gaming. Can't wait. Ever since picking up my wire 360 pad for PC, I'm addicted to simple, arcade-style, twin-stick shooter style games.

Ceebs

Yes! Had this preordered on Steam for a while now. After Just Cause 2 I am buying whatever Avalanche is selling.

So this is on PSN tonight!
No reviews yet it seems

I'll be picking up a $20 PSN card on the way home from work. The quicklook sold me on the game and I was even more sold when someone in the GB thread compared it to a strike game and Brad came in and said "oh if I could show you that other level..."

I've wanted a new Strike style game for so long. Wheres that crying smile picture from the resistance 3 thread when you need it

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I've heard reports that this will be on XBLA and Steam tomorrow. I don't know if that's true but I'm going to wait a day anyway.

Marleyman

Banned
SapientWolf said:
I've heard reports that this will be on XBLA and Steam tomorrow. I don't know if that's true but I'm going to wait a day anyway.

Nice; I love that combo of games mentioned.

DaFish

Len Dontree said:
I'm up for joining a Steam 4-pack if anyone has an extry slot. I got to play it a bit in co-op at E3 and it's a lot of fun.
Im also up for throwing in on a 4-pack!

Top Bottom