• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

Played this at Gamescom and I must say it's a great game. Especially co-op. Shame that is gonna be ignored some gamers due to the big titles coming up.

Toki767

BeeDog said:
Meh, forgot to preorder it on the PS3 since I assumed the preorder/PLAY offer would be valid until today. :(
Isn't it still valid? I thought all the Play titles were discounted for Plus members till the 23rd or something.

BeeDog

Toki767 said:
Isn't it still valid? I thought all the Play titles were discounted for Plus members till the 23rd or something.

No, it has disappeared from the PSN Store (EU/Sweden). :/

Toki767

BeeDog said:
No, it has disappeared from the PSN Store (EU/Sweden). :/
Oh I believe preordering only gives you a free theme. The game will still be discounted for Plus members when it releases today. Just like the previous three were.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
duckroll said:
I don't understand how we still don't have a confirmed release date for Steam. How is this possible?
Sega has an agreement with Sony to keep the date mum in order to drive PSN sales for the PLAY promotion. That's one possibility.

1-D_FTW

duckroll said:
I don't understand how we still don't have a confirmed release date for Steam. How is this possible?

Haha. I've had this pre-ordered ever since it went live with the 4 pack. Seems like it's been a couple months now (or not). Valve's got Valve time and Sega's got no time. WTF. I'd settle for what week it's coming at this point.

Akkad

Banned
GMG is saying the 23rd for the PC release, I don't understand why we have to wait for it. There is no fucking reason this should be delayed for the PC.

Salsa

Akkad said:
GMG is saying the 23rd for the PC release, I don't understand why we have to wait for it. There is no fucking reason this should be delayed for the PC.

didnt you get the memo? that happens a lot now, its called "exclusivity deals"

Tokubetsu

Akkad said:

I was really looking forward to it tomorrow too. Fuck ='(

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
xxracerxx said:
Is the co-op full campaign co-op?
Damn it looks like it is couch co-op campaign only. Competitive online only. :(

Though the game is a fucking dream to play and control, basing this off the PSN demo.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
xxracerxx said:

Though the game is a fucking dream to play and control, basing this off the PSN demo.
I haven't even heard of any competitive modes. Is this based on the full version or just speculation?

xxracerxx

SapientWolf said:
I haven't even heard of any competitive modes. Is this based on the full version or just speculation?
Once the demo is over it says "Play with 2 people on the same PS3 campaign co-op and Challenge up to 3 others in online competitive matches." Not verbatim but close enough.

xxracerxx

I need someone with the full game to tell us if this is true, that there is only local campaign co-op.

Chime up people.

Volcynika

xxracerxx said:
Once the demo is over it says "Play with 2 people on the same PS3 campaign co-op and Challenge up to 3 others in online competitive matches." Not verbatim but close enough.

Well that's close to the Steam bullet points that's been there on the store page for quite a while

"Two player split-screen co-operative play
Up to four player online competitive co-op"

Megasoum

Banned
Volcynika said:
Well that's close to the Steam bullet points that's been there on the store page for quite a while

"Two player split-screen co-operative play
Up to four player online competitive co-op"

What the hell is "competitive co-op"? lol

Volcynika

Megasoum said:
What the hell is "competitive co-op"? lol

Only thing that comes to mind is all the players have a goal to do something, but try to get the most points before that goal is completed. Or something.

xxracerxx

Volcynika said:
Only thing that comes to mind is all the players have a goal to do something, but try to get the most points before that goal is completed. Or something.
But is it the campaign or is it separate objectives?

Toki767

Just played a bit. Twin stick shooter. Co-op is couch only for 2 players. Multiplayer is 4 players. Campaign are objective based.

Played the demo for a bit, it was a lot of fun. I really wish they would have allowed you to play a helicopter but the little buggy/van whatever it was, was great when you hit the turbo.
Not sure what platform I will buy this on though. PS3 would be great to play with friends but Steam would have better graphics and could play online with steam friends...hmmm

Finaika

Snkfanatic said:
Played the demo for a bit, it was a lot of fun. I really wish they would have allowed you to play a helicopter but the little buggy/van whatever it was was great when you hit the turbo.
Not sure what platform I will buy this on though. PS3 would be great to play with friends but Steam would have better graphics and could play online with steam friends...hmmm
No helicopters? :(

xxracerxx

Snkfanatic said:
Played the demo for a bit, it was a lot of fun. I really wish they would have allowed you to play a helicopter but the little buggy/van whatever it was, was great when you hit the turbo.
I got into the helicopter and flew around for a bit before the demo ended. You get it
right after you destroy all the tanks.
I think the demo is timed and not mission related to ending.

xxracerxx said:
I got into the helicopter and flew around for a bit before the demo ended. You get it
right after you destroy all the tanks.
I think the demo is timed and not mission related to ending.

Ahh ok, those things were kicking my butt haha. I will have to give it another go, if they nailed the controls for the choppers I am sold.

Firebrand

xxracerxx said:
What, WHAT?

If this is true I'm going to have to cancel my pre-order. :(

EDIT: Actually, I might not, it was like $5 on GMG, I just hope there's some meat to the online portion and not just some survival mode or trying to score the highest in X minutes.

But yeah, disappointing if true, was looking forward to this specifically for co-op.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Pretty sure that it's online co-op where everyone gets ranked from best to worst player. Sort of like New Super Mario Bros for the Wii. I played a networked version of that at E3. Unless that mode is LAN only, which is possible, but extremely unlikely.

Salsa

SapientWolf said:
Pretty sure that it's online co-op where everyone gets ranked from best to worst player. Sort of like New Super Mario Bros for the Wii. I played a networked version of that at E3. Unless that mode is LAN only, which is possible, but extremely unlikely.

crisis adverted

Top Bottom