• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renowned iOS device leaker rumors iPhone 6 specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrpg

My iphone 4s dies after half a day of use - less if I use the hotspot... I want a better battery - at least 20 hours of 3G, but I don't see it happening... Apple has shown it is happy with 10 hours of battery use...

That might have been ok 5 years ago, but I use my phone ALL day.

Also I really wish they moved the ipad release back to March, or at least have year round releases of products rather than lumping everything in the September-December window... Its really hard to justify buying an ipad and iphone in the same timeframe and and if I wait six months I may as well wait for the next version. I liked it a lot better when they would release things every couple of months, it would make me more interested in reading up on the rumours. Now that I know stuff isn't coming out until the end of the year I don't visit Macrumors as much.

Red

My iphone 4s dies after half a day of use - less if I use the hotspot... I want a better battery - at least 20 hours of 3G, but I don't see it happening... Apple has shown it is happy with 10 hours of battery use...

That might have been ok 5 years ago, but I use my phone ALL day.

Also I really wish they moved the ipad release back to March, or at least have year round releases of products rather than lumping everything in the September-December window... Its really hard to justify buying an ipad and iphone in the same timeframe and and if I wait six months I may as well wait for the next version. I liked it a lot better when they would release things every couple of months, it would make me more interested in reading up on the rumours. Now that I know stuff isn't coming out until the end of the year I don't visit Macrumors as much.
I don't think that's normal. How much are you actually on your phone? Here is a screenshot from my 4S, mixed use on wifi and 3G:

You can see it's mostly standby, but even then the battery is pretty excellent.

riotous

Banned
I've never used cases.

My plastic backed 3GS looked a little scratched up, but other than that never had any major scratches or even anything noticeable happen to any of the screens on my phones. My 4S, 5 and 5S have all looked "almost new" the entire time I used them. Never broken one other than my home buttons eventually getting a bit worse for wear.

LeleSocho

Banned
Apple will never top the iPhone 4 design, I guess.

Sad truth, now they are pretty much following everyone else instead of doing their own thing.
Most of that is because they've switched to the stupid 16:9 aspect ratio instead of remaining on the 3:2 which is much better fit for a phone.
The design and the aspect ratio are the reason why i chose to pick a 4S over a 5/5S when i switched phone recently, wish i could upgrade the SoC to a more recent one though :/

at the very least i hope they announce both at the same time so i know i can wait. would be pissed if they announced the big one after the small one is out.

Yeah, i'm hoping it's like the mini Retina, like tarius1210 said, where they announce it'll be available later on.
I think initial rumors for the Retina mini said it would be delayed until the next year, which wasn't the case.

Huge bummer. I want the 5.5. Yeah would be great if it was a iPad Air/Mini scenario where one just ships a bit later but still in calendar year 2014.

Yeah, i'm hoping it's like the mini Retina, like tarius1210 said, where they announce it'll be available later on.
I think initial rumors for the Retina mini said it would be delayed until the next year, which wasn't the case.

Yep. Many predictions were not sure on the mini retina being out in 2013. Still though...not a good sign. Will wait until we get something more from WSJ or Bloomberg with those "people familiar with the plans" sources.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
4.7 is still pretty dang up huge.. I'd probably take a 4.7 over a 5.5.

Also there's no way we get only one gig of ram.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
5.5 seems over kill to me, unless it runs iPad binaries but then they'd be letter boxed. Idk who knows. Well have to see though, if the web browse and iBook experience bests my iPad mini I could maybe see myself consolidating devices. Would be a lot cheaper. The big iPhone might just look boss as hell.

4.7 is still pretty dang up huge.. I'd probably take a 4.7 over a 5.5.
Seriously, 5.5 is massive. But I guess the inevitable iWatch means the hulking thing could be left in man purse 99% of the time anyway.

iWatch acting as a receiver for the Phone, Messages, and Maps app (among others) is so much more exciting to me than a bigger screen.

Make it smaller, I say. Keep the Palm Pixi/Veer dream alive!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'll never be convinced to use a watch as a mini phone. I hope their thing is more fitness oriented,

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Well something with a screen would make a bad fitness device, IMO. So it really is one or the other. I'm picturing something much more inline with the iPod shuffle in terms of investment and disposability.

Speaking of the new phone though, its funny the only thing besides the new design/case I'm wanting is the camera. My 4S is perfect. Its fast, its tough, I couldn't ask for more. Even the 3G connection is fine I stream soundcloud and podcasts all the time with no interruption.

Well something with a screen would make a bad fitness device, IMO. So it really is one or the other. I'm picturing something much more inline with the iPod shuffle in terms of investment and disposability.

Speaking of the new phone though, its funny the only thing besides the new design/case I'm wanting is the camera. My 4S is perfect. Its fast, its tough, I couldn't ask for more. Even the 3G connection is fine I stream soundcloud and podcasts all the time with no interruption.
I still rock my 4S. The phone looks like the future, encased by the gods in metal and glass.

I'm so looking forward to Touch ID and Lightning port though :p

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Lightning port though :p
I've had a lot of trouble with lightning. My first cable died in less than a year and on the replacement cable the gold contacts stripped off one side of it so I have to pay attention to which direction I plug it in.

5.5 seems over kill to me, unless it runs iPad binaries but then they'd be letter boxed. Idk who knows. Well have to see though, if the web browse and iBook experience bests my iPad mini I could maybe see myself consolidating devices. Would be a lot cheaper. The big iPhone might just look boss as hell.

That's primarily what I'm thinking. I'd like a phone just big enough to still be able to read iBooks and email comfortably. Figured a 5.5 would be easier for that. And I could avoid having an iPhone AND iPad. (This will be my first smartphone).

Who knows maybe a 4.7 will be just fine.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Who knows maybe a 4.7 will be just fine.
It'll be perfect for you because you won't have a tablet to compare it too. I got along perfectly reading ibooks on a 4S display until I got an iPad. Its true though, owning both devices feels like a significant redundancy to me. It might just be that for me the iPad is something you upgrade every 5 years instead of 2 or 3.. It drives me up a wall looking at my little charging spot and knowing I have to maintain the battery of two devices that do the same thing. Its just too much work.

Until you've used one for an appreciable amount of time. Then the small screens are laughable.

Boy you're right. I thought the Note 3 screen would be too large for me. Now I pretty much refuse to go smaller especially with me having larger hands. The iPhone felt like a toy in my hand when I was phone searching.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Agreed. 4.7 would probably be perfect. I don't like super huge phones but have never had one bigger than a 4S anyway. I couldn't imagine anything too huge being something I'd want.

I hope the lens mount rumors are true. Also 4.7 sounds just lovely, unsure about 5.5 I think 5 is my upper limit. I just hope battery life is good, I dont give a shit if it's thinner than my 5 if the battery is the same/worse.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I want 128GB. Or maybe just 80.
A 128 GB option for iPhone 6 would be amazing. I could finally dump a bunch of lossless music on my phone and have room for games/pictures/randombullshit.

The 5.5 inch iphone has to be the most redonk rumour out there. I'm sure they've been testing something like that but to think they'd go from one mainline of iphone (not including old models) to multiple models of different sizes is pretty insane.

It was always going to be 1 at a time.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't seem insane at all to me. Bold. But not insane. I'm not sure if it will happen but I see the logic in it. A bomb like that could be just the kick in the pants this whole iPhone thing needs.

also

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/04/apple-receives-patent-for-interchangeable-iphone-camera-lenses/

Y5eIPc9.png

Now thats a fun idea.

It'll be perfect for you because you won't have a tablet to compare it too. I got along perfectly reading ibooks on a 4S display until I got an iPad. Its true though, owning both devices feels like a significant redundancy to me. It might just be that for me the iPad is something you upgrade every 5 years instead of 2 or 3.. It drives me up a wall looking at my little charging spot and knowing I have to maintain the battery of two devices that do the same thing. Its just too much work.

I have an iPad, too.

I could get behind a 4.7 inch iPhone. I have been living with a Lumia 1020 for almost a year now and it might be time for a change. I was using an iPhone 5 for work and I can't work with small screens anymore.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Some of that iPad inspired geometry looks a little inelegant at the smaller size.

- iPhone 6: Supporting previous iPhone 6 rumors, Kuo believes the device will come in two sizes: 4.7 and 5.5-inches, with resolutions of 1334x750 (326ppi) and 1920 x 1080 (401 ppi), respectively. Both models will come with an A8 processor, 1GB of RAM, LTPS display panels, optical image stabilization, and Touch ID. Kuo points to a 10 to 20 percent narrower bezel, a 6.5–7.0mm thickness, metal casings, and NFC integration. Mass shipments of the 4.7-inch version are expected in September, with the 5.5-inch version shipping later. Kuo suggests that only the 64GB 5.5-inch version will use sapphire displays.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/09/apple-2014-product-roadmap/

Dude has been pretty on point before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom