• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Avowed, Fable to be in the Xbox Games Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member

Because four sources I've spoken with have confirmed that both Avowed and Fable will be shown at the Xbox Games Showcase. These new trailers will as promised not be CG like the ones used to announce the games, but instead give us an indication of what they'll actually look and play like.

The showcase won't just include anticipated first-party games that have been rumoured either, as two of the sources have also told me the long-awaited remake of Persona 3 will be confirmed at the Xbox Games Showcase, so we're not just getting western RPGs on Sunday.

feynoob

Banned
Great Success Win GIF

I’ve wanted new Fable ever since Fable 3. Very excited to see this new one but hope they haven’t strayed from what makes Fable great.
I really disliked Fable 3. It was so bad imo and I didn't like the entire steam punk setting. Fable 1 and 2 were far better. Based of the Fable reboot trailer it seems to be the classic Fable.

Last edited:

kaizenkko

fable most likely 2025
Fable started development in 2020. Sequels like God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West have take 5 years of development, and these are games made by very structured teams, with a lot of support studios. Even if Fable don't have the same vallue of production, don't expect to see this game being lanch before 2026 at minimum.

L*][*N*K

Banned
If it is Gameplay and their release is within the next 20 months then color me excited as fuck, but honestly a CG trailer followed by four years silence is a major bummer

feynoob

Banned
Fable started development in 2020. Sequels like God of War Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West have take 5 years of development, and these are games made by very structured teams, with a lot of support studios. Even if Fable don't have the same vallue of production, don't expect to see this game being lanch before 2026 at minimum.
It depends on the scope of the project.
Some games take way longer due expanding ideas and enhancing certain areas experience.

If fable is going to hit 2026, that would be a 7 year project game. I don't see the possibility of it taking that long.

MarkMe2525

I am going into this with the expectation that maybe one of these games gets shown. There is no reason to set unrealistic expectations due to rumors.

Microsoft is in a prime position to win some mindshare this summer. I already want to see Starfield badly but Avowed is my most anticipated game from them and is up there with FFXVI and Baldurs Gate 3.

As far as fable I have no faith in the direction of the series it would have to be unbelievable to regain my interest.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd be nearly hyped for an MS showcase again, strange times we live in.
Well when you have the market leader completely shitting on their fanbase with a poor showcase and then announcing a delay on one of the titles from their biggest developer then you don't really have much choice left and must rely on the competition to carry the industry forward.

Last edited:
I wonder how will they execute the magic casting.
Personally I want them to retain aging mechanics.

I never thought I'd be nearly hyped for an MS showcase again, strange times we live in.
Still I feel like there will be some disappointment in the end due to maybe lack of any big third party announcement (which is a prerequisite to be a 10/10 show), which I don't expect to happen.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Still I feel like there will be some disappointment in the end due to maybe lack of any big third party announcement (which is a prerequisite to be a 10/10 show), which I don't expect to happen.
Most cool third party stuff that would make these shows great are leaked weeks if not months ahead, so no luck there. Imagine if Metal gear or Persona 3 remakes were first shown in their respective shows without people knowing about it beforehand, there would have been parades on the streets.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
People are getting expectation too high, even Fable, who is not even a big IP, and was a lot of reportly development issues, is getting tease like something big. Tomorrow will be a fun day, lol.

This doesn’t seem to be about setting expectations and more about visible desperation to downplay. Including making up ‘development issues’ for Fable which also now happens to be a small IP for reasons.

Fable started development in 2020.

Lying The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

kaizenkko

It depends on the scope of the project.
Some games take way longer due expanding ideas and enhancing certain areas experience.

If fable is going to hit 2026, that would be a 7 year project game. I don't see the possibility of it taking that long.
For a AAA RPG who is supposed to be one of the biggest Xbox's games?

Well, considering the Xbox's quality of management and all the rumours surround Fable, I don't be really surprised if it have the same quality than Redfall, and in that circunstances is possible see the game being released early.

It's a 2024 game. Perfect is the one that will come out in 2024.
Fable has been in production for a while.
Fable's team didn't exist at all early 2018, they had to hire like crazy for the first couple years, and, while the game isn't a new IP, they have nothing to recycle for the previous ones. Also it's supposed to be an open world RPG, which normally are the ones that take the longest to develop, so 2025 in the best of cases would be my call too.

About this report, hard to believe we'll get gameplay from at least 5 AAA's plus new announcements and 2nd party stuff too, i hope so but

kaizenkko

This doesn’t seem to be about setting expectations and more about visible desperation to downplay. Including making up ‘development issues’ for Fable which also now happens to be a small IP for reasons.

Lying The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+
Playground has never make a RPG game, and Xbox recent past doesn't give me confidence that this game will be something insane. And the only reason of people considering Fable something relevant, is because Xbox players are completly desesperate for games.

feynoob

Banned
For a AAA RPG who is supposed to be one of the biggest Xbox's games?

Well, considering the Xbox's quality of management and all the rumours surround Fable, I don't be really surprised if it have the same quality than Redfall, and in that circunstances is possible see the game being released early.
Redfall wasnt on Xbox. Plus the studio that is making this game is playground. They are last ones from Xbox team that you can question about their quality output.

Fable's team didn't exist at all early 2018, they had to hire like crazy for the first couple years, and, while the game isn't a new IP, they have nothing to recycle for the previous ones. Also it's supposed to be an open world RPG, which normally are the ones that take the longest to develop, so 2025 in the best of cases would be my call too.

About this report, hard to believe we'll get gameplay from at least 5 AAA's plus new announcements and 2nd party stuff too, i hope so but
2025 would be if there is any delays. It will be early 2024 or late 2024 like starfield.
You wont show a 2025 game in this showcase.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
In for Fable.....and Avowed.....and Starfield.....and Forza Motorsport.....and hopefully more Hellblade 2 gameplay.

A nice bonus would be whatever The Coalition is working on.

I dont expect Perfect Dark or Everwild but an update on these games would be sweet.

Top Bottom