• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Avowed, Fable to be in the Xbox Games Showcase

Ronin_7

Banned
Why not leak everything at this point...

I mean what's the fun of the show then? I already saw two announcements on Twitter from Persona Franchises lol

Godot25

Banned

I mean what's the fun of the show then? I already saw two announcements on Twitter from Persona Franchises lol
Yeah. But those were not leaked by "insider" but by dumb social media manager of Atlus who published trailers early...

Also. Avowed being there is hardly a surprise. And Fable is already announced game. In both cases it will be more about "how they look" or "when they will release."

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned

Where is the surprise.
The fact that the event hasn't been leaked outside of persona is huge.

reinking

Gold Member
I really hope that this show is MS kick off to a redemption arc. ABK has become a big distraction and I would like to see this be the event that gets XB focused on games and not acquisitions.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Bro, calm down. You can do whatever you want with your hype, it don't change nothing to me actually. I just think you will be disappointed, but thats a normal feeling for a Xbox fan. lol

Pity you didn't take your own 'expectations' advice, eh?

9khmSWG.jpg

At this point, it's all but confirmed we're going to see at least 5 AAA first party games Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, Starfield, Forza. Likely more, since we're long overdue input from studios like inxile, Coalition and Machine games.
I personally think it's going to be a solid show. Especially since I'm not focused solely on first party stuff and will be happy to see what else is coming to Gamepass. Feel free to remain despondent. Cheers!

I really hope that this show is MS kick off to a redemption arc. ABK has become a big distraction and I would like to see this be the event that gets XB focused on games and not acquisitions.
I'm more hopeful Starfield releasing to great reviews is the kickoff. Xbox has had good showcases, but then it just seems the games never come, are canceled or disappoint.

If Starfield, Fable, Avowed and Hellblade finally release within the next year to great reviews, it might finally turn around.

Just games aren't enough it's how they're presented. The 2020 event had Fable, SOD3 and Avowed reveals but people still thought it was bad.

feynoob

Banned
Avowed will be better than Starfield in every metric besides size.
seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Considering outer world story, I am not optimistic about the story of that game.

Starfield on other hand has the world to explore with a garbage story line and okish combat.

Exploration ✓
The rest???

Mister Wolf

seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Considering outer world story, I am not optimistic about the story of that game.

Starfield on other hand has the world to explore with a garbage story line and okish combat.

Exploration ✓
The rest???

I would expect the story and writing in Avowed to be akin to the Pillars Of Eternity games. Seeing as how Avowed takes place in that already established universe.

Gorgon

My XSX arrived, set it up, and joined console Game Pass. Don't make me regret this shit, MS.

Plus, I just gave you an extra box sale and subscription in Europe.

Last edited:
Excited to see real-time footage of their big in-house titles, especially now that Sony has decided not to, possibly for the remainder of the year. We should have a definitive idea on what to expect visually for the rest of the generation. Also, there are two/three games that sound intriguing to me, and could hit really hard, if well executed. 😎

Last edited:

Kiraly

9khmSWG.jpg

At this point, it's all but confirmed we're going to see at least 5 AAA first party games Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, Starfield, Forza. Likely more, since we're long overdue input from studios like inxile, Coalition and Machine games.
I personally think it's going to be a solid show. Especially since I'm not focused solely on first party stuff and will be happy to see what else is coming to Gamepass. Feel free to remain despondent. Cheers!
Lmfao, what a fucking clown

kaizenkko

9khmSWG.jpg

That's my point, lol.

Rac3r

Soo.

The same showcase from 3-4 years ago?

Yea out of all these leaks the only "new" game announcement would be P3 Remake. I'm sure they'll have other stuff (including some decent Game Pass announcements), but Fable, Forza, Avowed, etc will need to have substantial gameplay to get people excited. These games aren't surprises, and being surprised is the best part of these showcases.

Godot25

Banned
Just games aren't enough it's how they're presented. The 2020 event had Fable, SOD3 and Avowed reveals but people still thought it was bad.
But this time they won't be presented as CG so it is an instant upgrade.

Only things that can screw this up is if games looks like shit (big doubt) or if there are no new release windows outside Forza Motorsport (which already leaked).

Forsythia

All I really want is Fable, the rest is icing on the cake.

I also wouldn't mind a remaster of the first 3 games, with the story from the Kinect game as a bonus.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I hope these games are shown and are glorious - a true next-gen showcase that blows everyone away. Would be good for the industry.

Mister Wolf

what's the big deal about Avowed ?! everyone's acting like it's Half-life 3 or something

It's made by Obsidian who know how to write good stories(Fallout New Vegas, Pillars Of Eternity, KOTR 2, etc) and make good games. It will be using UE5 so we expect raytraced lighting(Lumen) and mesh shaders(Nanite) which are the two things that made The Matrix demo look as good as it did.

Last edited:

Banned
People are getting expectation too high, even Fable, who is not even a big IP

Fable 1 sold 3 million copies on OG Xbox alone. Fable 2 around 5 million on 360.

3.5 million copies of Uncharted 2 sold on PS3 🤷 a console that had way more success than the og Xbox, and about the same level of success as the 360

kaizenkko

Fable 1 sold 3 million copies on OG Xbox alone. Fable 2 around 5 million on 360.

3.5 million copies of Uncharted 2 sold on PS3 🤷 a console that had way more success than the og Xbox, and about the same level of success as the 360
Do you really think that this comparison is reasonable? lol

I don't need to say what Uncharted (franchise) have sold, right? But that's not even the point, Fable, as a IP, is completly irrelevant today. No one except the Xbox cult remember that thing exist (and to be clear, it's not so different with Uncharted).

feynoob

Banned

I don't need to say what Uncharted (franchise) have sold, right? But that's not even the point, Fable, as a IP, is completly irrelevant today. No one except the Xbox cult remember that thing exist (and to be clear, it's not so different with Uncharted).
giphy.gif

Bridges

You're crazy, plenty of people remember Fable and that doesn't make them "cultists". Uncharted just had a movie too. You are speaking from feelings and not logic.

kaizenkko

You're crazy, plenty of people remember Fable and that doesn't make them "cultists". Uncharted just had a movie too. You are speaking from feelings and not logic.
If Fable is so relevant, so why Microsoft shut down Lionhead? Why they have wait all this time to do another game? lol

Ozriel

M$FT

If Fable is so relevant, so why Microsoft shut down Lionhead? Why they have wait all this time to do another game? lol

From the synopsis for the last Grinch movie.

“The Grinch grows increasingly annoyed with the ever-growing festive cheer that engulfs the village of Whoville. So, he teams up with his dog to ruin the festive spirit by being a spoilsport.

The Grinch Film GIF by The Good Films

Sound familiar?

Sorry bro. We’re still hyped.

Well for heaven’s sake, I would hope so. They both were announced three years ago, and in development for awhile before that. Are they real games or not? I’m tired of hearing “maybe next year”.

The Alien

Banned
Soo.

Starfield, Forza, Fable, Avowed and probably Hellblade II?

Two Persona games?

Maybe more first party?

Probable Jet Set Radio reveal?

Sign me the fuck up
Agreed.

Throw in a dose of some.others (Gears collection, new Compulsion and InExole IPs) as well.as some solid GamePass Day Ones announcements. We already know the Persona games are going DaybOne as is Lies of P and Flintlock - both look great. I'm hoping Cyberpunk and Witchfire added to GamePass.

what's the big deal about Avowed ?! everyone's acting like it's Half-life 3 or something
Good developer and at least for me the other reason is because it's part of the Pillars of Eternity universe so it's essentially the third game in that series. That means that the lore will be cool.

Top Bottom