• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Trevor Noah considered "the most likely candidate" to take over Daily Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trevor Noah feels too green to me.

Can I hope for a dark horse candidate and pick Lewis Black? =P

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure I'm done with the Daily Show after Stewart leaves. Probably just go back to watching Conan hah.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Jordan Klepper is probably my favorite on there right now out of the remaining ones to choose from. I would have said Aasif would have gotten it and he would have fit well.

Maybe they'll do some sort of revolving guest host thing? Who knows, really

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Trevor Noah feels too green to me.

Can I hope for a dark horse candidate and pick Lewis Black? =P
I love Lewis Black, but he would have a stroke 3 episodes in from yelling so much during the bits where they tear Fox News apart.

Booshka

They have to find another jew to host.

Seriously jon stewarts yiddish grandmother impressions were the best, im gonna miss that.

Only surpassed by Howard Stern impersonating his parents.

I don't really see how you replace Stewart, I haven't the slightest idea to pick. But Aasif Mandvi is probably the one on the show I like the most, but no idea if he could Host it.

Red Comet

I don't even know who this is. I'll give him a chance, but I was hoping that John Oliver would come back to CC.

I typically watch Conan anyway, and I'll be watching Colbert when he comes to CBS.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pc6Ysfq.gif

Aeana

I rather liked the interview piece that Jon did with him (it's at his site). It made me think he probably has the demeanor to take the position. I would, of course, prefer Aasif like any sane person, but that probably won't happen.

riotous

Banned
It's the interviews that are the main concern. I think plenty of people could handle the rest of the host job.

And it's hard to guess who'd be good at that. I mean I wouldn't have guessed Stewart would turn out so well based on his pre Daiy Show career.

Jason Jones or Jon Oliver would have been my picks. Neither of those are going to happen at this point now though.

Assif Mandvi should do it from the current candidates.

Ecotic

From what I've seen of his brief tenure on TDS so far, Noah seems a little... stiff. Honestly I think they need someone older than 31, you need to be believable as a host of a social commentary show, like you've been around the block more than a few times. That's why Jessica Williams is such a bad idea, she's even younger at 25.

JDSN

Banned
They are really scrapping the botton of the barrel here, they shouldnt be looking into the current correspondents.

Unless they bring Rob Riggle back.

Toothless

Aasif is literally the only correspondent there I know by name and he's freaking hysterical. If it goes to a correspondent that's not him (and Aasif doesn't publicly turn it down), I'm not even gonna give it a try.

HariKari

Lewis Black would be amazing. Probably the best fit for the style of the show to keep it as is. I don't see many of the mentioned candidates following Stewart well.

Lewis Black would be amazing. Probably the best fit for the style of the show to keep it as is. I don't see many of the mentioned candidates following Stewart well.

Lewis Black is in his mid-to-late 60s. He probably wouldn't stay too long before retiring.

From what I've seen so far, Trevor Noah hasn't made too much of an impression at TDS yet.

After Samantha Bee and Jason Jones left, Aasif Mandvi is the most senior correspondent at the show, and he'd be a pretty good choice. Numerous people in this thread have also mentioned Wyatt Cenac, who would also be a great pick if he could be persuaded to rejoin the show. Samantha Bee could probably be persuaded to stick around if she were offered the job of hosting the show. I also thought Larry Wilmore would have been a good pick if the timing had worked out, but he got his own show instead.

I love John Hodgman, but hosting TDS would not be a good fit for either him or the show.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I don't know how well Aasif would do at interviews, but he seems like the best choice to me. I could see him hosting the show and he's very naturally funny.

Really would have liked Jessica Williams, but whatever.
This, however, I'll never get. Her comedic delivery is terrible.

Sobriquet

No. The Daily Show IS Jon Stewart he basically changed everything from Kilborn's days. And Kilborn was host for what, two years?

Something like that. And yeah, it changed from pop culture to politics. Doesn't mean that people weren't upset when Stewart was announced as the new host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom